LoadingReadyRun: Fear Itself

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fear Itself

There are always ways to make a tough job a little easier.

Watch Video

Very funny, but I'm a bit disappointed that Dale, the traditional LRR devil, didn't show up.

Err I'm already afraid of Spiders so that 1/3 of his job done. In saying so by replacing their scary face with a clown face will ease off my fear but yet again their body and the way they move are still creepy!

Brrr, thank you for not actually showing any flaming clown spiders!

something about spiders and under water makes it extra creepy or i've played way too much bioshock .... if that possible

You forgot to add "...while naked." at the end there...

Spiders only give me the urge to kill them, not a phobia. Clowns I find boring. Fire is only frightening in certain contexts.

That said, I would definitely shit myself and then some if I found myself in a dark room filled with flaming clown spiders.

Everyone's deepest fear is flaming clown spiders? I guess deep down we're all homophobes.

Funny enough, the original draft of the speech read "we have nothing to fear but the pants-shitting terror of thousands of flaming clown spiders," but they changed it to "fear itself" to better sell it to the nation.

An avoid a run on adult diapers.

Jandau:
You forgot to add "...while naked." at the end there...

I was waiting for that too, actually.

Amusing skit. I can say that I would probably be terrified by flaming clown spiders.

You forgot that they have to deliver that speech while nude. =P

DVS BSTrD:
Everyone's deepest fear is flaming clown spiders? I guess deep down we're all homophobes.

I see what you did there. Really clever :P

But, yeah, "Why have they all clown faces?" would be 99% of the sentence you would hear if someone was confronted with a thousand flaming clown spider!

The horrors of hell combined with the tediousness of accounting. Bravo gentlemen...

unacomn:
Very funny, but I'm a bit disappointed that Dale, the traditional LRR devil, didn't show up.

Well he's not just some common-rate demon, he's the devil. Sure every now and then he likes to get hands on like with the two radio hosts, but usually he just observes.

Dale is THE devil not just a devil. The boss delegates this stuff to the minions. Would've been a sweet cameo tho :D

Now i know who's in charge of tourism for silent hill.

Excuse me, but why was the room realizing the inmate's worst fear not numbered "101"? How can you disregard such classics?

Also, I don't know, but I could never perceive spiders as threatening. Something I hate a lot (but am not afraid of) is mosquitoes. Spiders eat mosquitoes. An enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Now that the thought of "flaming clown spiders" is in my head I doubt that I'll ever sleep again.
Hits my fear of fire and my general distrust of clowns.

This is the best anecdote for "lowest common denominator" I've seen.

Now, watch the video again, only instead of "fear", think of these characters as "game developers". Puts the whole "big ideas" talk into perspective.

Norman Rafferty:

Now, watch the video again, only instead of "fear", think of these characters as "game developers". Puts the whole "big ideas" talk into perspective.

"In our defense, he did enjoy modern, regenerating-health, cover-based shooting"
"In the end, they all will"

Just dump a couple million skittering bugs on their skin and have the bugs burrow into their naked flesh or enter through the, um, *other* orifices...

Graham Stark is now my greatest fear.

Robotic flaming clown spiders?

Memo to self
Buried alive in an elevator under water
covered in thousands of flaming clown spiders
and they have to deliver a speech in front of hundreds of people

...NAKED :D

Graham plays the role of a demon well... Too well...

You know what? This is a good one // I'm liking the idea behind this video, also the fact that the people working here enjoying their job and have to think up of everyone's worst fear but then just get bored after a few hundred years and stick with what works on everyone

-M

meshuggeneh:
Brrr, thank you for not actually showing any flaming clown spiders!

I agree. Actually, the fire would make it better. I like fire. I fear spiders and clown a lot though...

9thRequiem:

Norman Rafferty:

"In our defense, he did enjoy modern, regenerating-health, cover-based shooting"
"In the end, they all will"

The fact that it has to be changed to "will" pretty much destroys the entire point of the original joke.

Ha ha ha, great one guys. Everything in the video is great, but somehow what sells it for me is that the real denizens of hell are wearing clearly fake novelty devil horns.

Also, it reminds me of the pie demon from Kingdom of Loathing.

"(...) are you ready to receive your deepest heart's desire?"

"Oh yeah, lay it on me."

"Behold!" he shouts, gesturing at the altar, where three large delicious-looking pies materialize.

"...My deepest heart's desire is pie?"

"Yep. Pretty much everyone's is, really, though most don't realize it. It's the simple pleasures, you know?"

"Huh. Well, pie is pretty awesome..."

"Exactly! Well, I must be off. See you around." He vanishes into a puff of black smoke.

Lemon meringue pie and flaming clownspiders, the alpha and omega of our emotions.

blackrave:

Memo to self
Buried alive in an elevator under water
covered in thousands of flaming clown spiders
and they have to deliver a speech in front of hundreds of people

...NAKED :D

ahhhh! thousands of naked flaming clown spiders!

What if the spiders were giant? Or better yet, the giant spiders were made of smaller giants spiders. And their legs were needles. And they laughed. Or screeched.

The Random One:

"(...) are you ready to receive your deepest heart's desire?"

"Oh yeah, lay it on me."

"Behold!" he shouts, gesturing at the altar, where three large delicious-looking pies materialize.

"...My deepest heart's desire is pie?"

"Yep. Pretty much everyone's is, really, though most don't realize it. It's the simple pleasures, you know?"

"Huh. Well, pie is pretty awesome..."

"Exactly! Well, I must be off. See you around." He vanishes into a puff of black smoke.

Awww.... but I hate pie :(. What about jetpacks?

Am I the only one here who thought "pants-shitting terror" was a CheckPoint reference?
Where Kathleen mentioned "pants-shitting terror" and the bottom of the screen said "THE WORST KIND OF TERROR"...

Please make more vids in this fictional world XD

I do not think adding "giving a speech in front of hundreds of people" would work in conjunction with the flaming clown spiders. I think at some point you just stop caring about where you are and what you are doing.

Still, I would have the spiders not be on fire. It is more of a personal preference, but I feel seeing something you do not like on fire gives you a type of satisfaction. Seeing the arachnids burn would kind of feel like you are winning; however, the room being on fire while being swarmed by spiders would give a double feeling of helplessness. As a final word, I would not use spiders. I understand the fear of them swarming you, but I know that there are only a handful of spiders that can be truly harmful to me - though thousands of plain spider might be different. If I wanted to terrify a person, I would use ants. When they swarm a person, they do it to attack and they will kill. Have ever seen army ants attacking a larger insect and biting it to pieces while alive? Well, Jim has an it is the most horrifying thing in the world, and I agree with him. In short, I say flaming room with swarming clown army ants.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here