Our Little Pony

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

rhodo:

Clearing the Eye:

rhodo:
remove their own vaginas

*vagina (no plural)

Okay, you're either hilariously ill-informed about your own body or you're a man--it's physically impossible to remove a woman's vagina. Why? Because the vagina is a cavity.

You've failed to understand a paraphilia you claim to enjoy, have misunderstood, mixed up and flat out gotten wrong key facts about the human body, continually refuse to accept perspectives that fall outside your own, limited views and even dared to say men cannot be raped or lose their virginity. It's almost impossible to argue with you.

If all you have to defend your position is "you're crazy," you've already lost.

I'd advise you to stop answering - for your own good. In an attempt to win our argume you're making yourself more and more ridiculous, and childlike.

I'm a woman and yes - it's perfectly possible to remove a woman's vagina, trust me, kid. I suppose you never heard of, ahem, clitoris, labia... stuff like that. I'll end this here since the discussion is going too far. :P

Your final argument is so dumb that now I wonder why I lost my time arguing with some teenage boy troll who acts like he's an adult "sadomasochist" who enjoys rape.

Um, the vagina is an internal cavity. Labia, vulva, clitoris, etc., are not the vagina. This is kind of very basic biology. Reminds me of someone I heard recently say he thought women urinated out of their vagina XD Many laughs were had at their expense.

Anyway, if you can do basic math, two thousand and twelve minus nineteen ninety two is more than nineteen ;)

Clearing the Eye:
Someone wearing casual clothes: probably not after attention.

Someone wearing very little; short, revealing clothes and behaving outwardly flamboyant: maybe looking for attention.

Or maybe just likes looking fashionable/sexy/like-all-her-friends. Let people dress how they want.

sergnb:
So you claim to be a fan of a show about love and tolerance, and then you perform intolerance acts based on baseless assumptions, sexism and extremist fanboyism?

Gee, wonder why people despise the MLP fanbase so much

The point of the comic is making fun of this article linked in the description (specifically, the idea that some girls only go to conventions in order to get attention). The genders have been reversed for comic effect. No one is suggesting MLP fans actually act like this. It's making the point that it would be seen as ridiculous if they did!

The whole debate this spawns is best left behind a flame shield.

MetalMagpie:
Or maybe just likes looking fashionable/sexy/like-all-her-friends. Let people dress how they want.

You missed the entire point of the article the OP is attempting to flame. Just like the OP and the comic, you're assuming sexism when the actual point of the article was to flame people who go to events purely for attention. It's not about cosplayers or women--it's about bothbabes that don't give a fuck about the convention. The actual article says that numerous times. It's a criticism of the boothbabe culture, wherein people dress sexy and act provocatively to play on the human urge to get horny.

The comic misses the point so hard it may as well have aimed in the opposite direction. Again, people see a criticism that happens to involve women and jump aboard the "zomg, sexist!" train.

Clearing the Eye:
Um, the vagina is an internal cavity. Labia, vulva, clitoris, etc., are not the vagina. This is kind of very basic biology. Reminds me of someone I heard recently say he thought women urinated out of their vagina XD Many laughs were had at their expense.

Anyway, if you can do basic math, two thousand and twelve minus nineteen ninety two is more than nineteen ;)

My bad, I was totally convinced "vagina" was meant to include the whole package.

rhodo:

Clearing the Eye:

My bad, I was totally convinced "vagina" was meant to include the whole package.

Never before has vagina been said so many times in one thread. You're welcome, Escapist.

Clearing the Eye:

rhodo:

Never before has vagina been said so many times in one thread. You're welcome, Escapist.

A couple more vagina mentions, and we can end up in.... odd search results. Granted to double The Escapists'pageviews.

Waaghpowa:
There are two things in this world I hate most.

1. People who are intolerant of other peoples preferences and beliefs to point of alienation
2. Bronies.

Ha! You sir are awesome! You can hate us. It's cool.

Scrumpmonkey:
[quote="Glass Joe the Champ" post="6.383735.15193083"][quote="Yal" post="6.383735.15192239"]

There is also the fact that any male 'Brony' who was sexually 'harassed' by three women dressed as part of the mane six probably wouldn't mind. Like at all.

I resent that generalisation! I don't care how pink your hair is, or how cute your face is. I don't want any stranger grabbing my backside without permission. It's uncomfortable, and just rude.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the ladies in here didn't seem to get as confused about the comic as the gentleman?

rhodo:

Clearing the Eye:

rhodo:

A couple more vagina mentions, and we can end up in.... odd search results. Granted to double The Escapists'pageviews.

To double it we're going to need to mention lesbians a few times.

PhunkyPhazon:

Yal:
While I have heard people speculate that bronies don't really like the show

I can say with 100% certainty that those people have no idea what they're talking about. At all.

Seconded.

For many a Brony, the show is a beautiful, positive thing in their lives. And really, lets consider the modern world and the media options in it. A lot of people are starving for something beautiful and positive in their lives.

Nicolaus99:

For many a Brony, the show is a beautiful, positive thing in their lives.

Is this for realsies? I've watched the show and its a lot of things. Beautiful, though? I've seen more beauty in a cat turd. Seriously, I took a picture of one the other day. I can post it if you want.

I'll give you positive. You're welcome.

I'm not quite sure what this thread is about, though. Oh right, the Critical Miss comic. Good stuff.

DRes82:

Nicolaus99:

Is this for realsies? I've watched the show and its a lot of things. Beautiful, though? I've seen more beauty in a cat turd. Seriously, I took a picture of one the other day. I can post it if you want.

I'm not quite sure what this thread is about, though. Oh right, the Critical Miss comic. Good stuff.

Keep on hating bro. People like you are just one of those things the rest of us have to tolerate.

Nicolaus99:

DRes82:

Nicolaus99:

Keep on hating bro. People like you are just one of those things the rest of us have to tolerate.

Brony tolerance is what sustains me. You have my thanks, and my promise to continue tolerating your incessant pony picture forum responses.

One thing I learnt from the furry fandom is that bronies are just as capable of being delusion and creepy as furries are.

I avoid where possible.

Nicolaus99:

DRes82:

Nicolaus99:

We're the ones who have to tolerate Bronies, the Herpes of fandoms.

Holy hell Grey, this strip has gotten far more comments than any of your other comics I've seen! What's going on in here?

*Looks at last few pages*

Huh... I did not know this was even a thing, granted I'm more of a casual follower of the show and so wouldn't bother attending a con anyway but this is the first I've heard of internal gender-based discrimination in that particular fandom.

wow, i didnt know this was happening. after years of women, justifiably, being upset over the fact that men objectify female cosplayers, females are now doing the same thing to men just for wearing a shirt with a picture of a pony on it. this is not the kind of equality we should be working towards...

Buretsu:

Nicolaus99:

DRes82:

so what youre saying is, you arent the biggest fan of the show. thats cool. for me personally, the show has had a positive impact on my life. but i realize the show isnt for everyone and i appreciate the fact that you at least gave the show a chance

Chairman Miaow:

Gasbandit:

Chairman Miaow:
I don't know a single guy that would want a girl to come on to them in that manner...

You've heard from at least 5 in this thread alone.

I doubt any of them were serious. and if they were, well, that's still only 5 on a website known for attracting a clientèle with low self-esteem and standards, out of hundreds of people I can say I know well enough to know they wouldn't like that.

The number has grown since then. And I think your capacity for deluding yourself is staggering.

It seems so daft to me that no matter what the subject material is, someone will find a way to use it to be a dick and create controversy, just ignore them, stick some music on, hum, anything! You're not legally obliged to listen.

Chairman Miaow:

Gasbandit:

Chairman Miaow:
I don't know a single guy that would want a girl to come on to them in that manner...

You've heard from at least 5 in this thread alone.

I doubt any of them were serious. and if they were, well, that's still only 5 on a website known for attracting a clientèle with low self-esteem and standards, out of hundreds of people I can say I know well enough to know they wouldn't like that.

Heh speak for yourself. Or don't, if you're female. If a girl hit on me like this I would be flattered and more than a little turned on. That's why this bit of satire doesn't really have the impact that it would if the genders were reversed. I guess in the context, though, it wouldn't make sense.

Buretsu:

00slash00:

Buretsu:

so what youre saying is, you arent the biggest fan of the show. thats cool. for me personally, the show has had a positive impact on my life. but i realize the show isnt for everyone and i appreciate the fact that you at least gave the show a chance

What I'm saying is that you're a virus that spreads with just the slightest contact, that even a simple reference to rainbows will draw you out, and that my most fervent wish is that you and the Twitards will wipe each other out over the use of the word "Twilight".

with all due respect, if you dont enjoy dealing with bronies, why did you come to a thread that is specifically about bronies? i understand you wanting to throw in your two cents about how much you hate bronies, but if we disgust you so much, wouldnt it have been better for your mental well being to just avoid this thread?

00slash00:
wow, i didnt know this was happening. after years of women, justifiably, being upset over the fact that men objectify female cosplayers, females are now doing the same thing to men just for wearing a shirt with a picture of a pony on it. this is not the kind of equality we should be working towards...

It's not really happening it's sarcasm :p

This is pretty much how women get treated if they like video games/ go to cons...

Bronies are a great comparison as they are into something that traditionally has a female demographic.

(I love MLP FIM btw :p)

Moonlight Butterfly:

00slash00:

This is pretty much how women get treated if they like video games/ go to cons...

Bronies are a great comparison as they are into something that traditionally has a female demographic.

oops completely failed at picking up the sarcasm through text. guess i wont be getting my cutie mark in reading...

mean girls are mean but... that comic, is pretty much how girls feel like in most cons where they're a miniority.

00slash00:

Buretsu:

00slash00:

What I'm saying is that you're a virus that spreads with just the slightest contact, that even a simple reference to rainbows will draw you out, and that my most fervent wish is that you and the Twitards will wipe each other out over the use of the word "Twilight".

with all due respect, if you dont enjoy dealing with bronies, why did you come to a thread that is specifically about bronies? i understand you wanting to throw in your two cents about how much you hate bronies, but if we disgust you so much, wouldnt it have been better for your mental well being to just avoid this thread?

That's the thing. It's not ABOUT bronies. It's just using bronies as a metaphor for how the outliers in the demographic of a fandom are discriminated against. The brony is being treated as a sexual object and 'not a true ponyfan' in the same way that a gamergirl gets treated as a sexual object and 'not a true gamer'.

00slash00:

Moonlight Butterfly:

00slash00:

oops completely failed at picking up the sarcasm through text. guess i wont be getting my cutie mark in reading...

No worries judging by some of the other posts in the thread it has nearly everypony confuzzled :)

Buretsu:

00slash00:

Buretsu:

That's the thing. It's not ABOUT bronies. It's just using bronies as a metaphor for how the outliers in the demographic of a fandom are discriminated against. The brony is being treated as a sexual object and 'not a true ponyfan' in the same way that a gamergirl gets treated as a sexual object and 'not a true gamer'.

okay but regardless, you had to know that a comic which contained the subject of bronies or my little pony in general, would have a lot of bronies commenting on it and if you find bronies so hard to tolerate, it seems like you would probably assume that it would be in your best interest to ignore the comment section

Trishbot:

TopazFusion:

Trishbot:
I admit... I dressed my boyfriend up like Spike and had my way with him.

Please tell me you were dressed as Rarity ...

Hell no. Twilight Sparkle. She's obviously better for him anyway.

Don't tell your boyfriend, but... I love you. Run away with me.

My favorite ship with my favorite characters. Ah, we are kindred spirits ma petite pomme de terre.

One last time, I'll say this to everyone who claims they'd like a woman to hit on them like that: would you still like it if the woman was fat, incredibly ugly, and looked like she was mentally unstable?

The answer is "no". Now you understand the point.

This comic chose cute ladies to make its point, which I find to be not at all a bad choice (above all, this comic needs to make a point while also being funny - not to creep people out with the harsh reality of harassment).
But the downside to that, is that the above mentioned "point" of this comic went over some people's heads.

Clearing the Eye:

MetalMagpie:

You missed the entire point of the article the OP is attempting to flame. Just like the OP and the comic, you're assuming sexism when the actual point of the article was to flame people who go to events purely for attention. It's not about cosplayers or women--it's about bothbabes that don't give a fuck about the convention. The actual article says that numerous times. It's a criticism of the boothbabe culture, wherein people dress sexy and act provocatively to play on the human urge to get horny.

The comic misses the point so hard it may as well have aimed in the opposite direction. Again, people see a criticism that happens to involve women and jump aboard the "zomg, sexist!" train.

(I still haven't read the whole article... yet.)

So you're saying the article isn't about women who dress normally and go to conventions or ones with Con related clothing like a t-shirt from/about a show/comic/etc. or ones who dress up like characters who had to pay to be there or even invited for free and do one of the former, but just Booth babes who are hired workers doing a job requiring them to wear a "uniform", be friendly and most of all attract attention to their general area to promote their employers product(s). Last I checked it wasn't a crime to not like or even hate something or even the main point/purpose of your job (I.E.: video games if you work at Gamestop or Television if you work at Bestbuy) It can only be a gig for them or they can be lucky enough to enjoy the stuff they're promoting If they do then saying that them being attractive and flashy isn't a chance to say they don't belong here (clearly)and if they are not fans you still can't say that because it's their job to be that.

Edit: Read it

Okay... as a guy I'm offended.

So the article says "some women" just decide to go to conventions purely for attention and to pray on the interest of weak willed men there... what's new about that.Some women do do that it doesn't matter where they are in a mall,a movie theatre, theme park, or even a parade(watching it not in it) attention seekers usually like to get attention.Hating them for it is like hating the color black for being dark. Also, nerds can like dressing sexy/attractive and not want to start a relationship with someone they meet that day too, so shunning a group of people (which can I can only think of as considered as be female,attractive[(above)average to highly],and dressing in Convention related clothing) is a very poor way to say someone doesn't belong.

I love the butthurt in this thread.

Sigh, nevermind. I had a rant towards an earlier poster, but it seems he has been suspended, so it would be pointless.

Carry on.

00slash00:

The situation in the comic did not and generally does not happen. Genders were reversed to illustrate how it is wrong.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here