Our Little Pony

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Our Little Pony

The Hate Has To Stop

Read Full Article

Ahah, I see what you did there...

May I say that I have never been sexually harassed by Flutter Shy but in such case I would in fact welcome it open arms.

inb4 ToastiestZombie and his paragraphs relating to the "brony" phenomena as a whole.

OT: I...don't have an opinion on the issue. I only just started watching the show the other night!

That's pretty despicable if that actually occurs, though.

People seem to keep missing the point of the original article. It's not about how much geek cred one has, people are totally fine with varying levels of interest.

It was about the posers who have no interest in the subject at all.

People still watch that show? More so over, girls actually watch that show? Everyone I knew who was or is a fan of MLP was a male between the ages of 16 and 33. But I can still see you what you did there.

I'm confused, can someone just give me the rundown on this? I heard MLP conventions were actually almost entirely male.

ThriKreen:
People seem to keep missing the point of the original article. It's not about how much geek cred one has, people are totally fine with varying levels of interest.

It was about the posers who have no interest in the subject at all.

I am now tempted to show up at one of these things with a necklace of shrunken pony heads and a shirt that says "Voodoo is Magic."

I think I get it... though it seems to be making of of multiple things at the same time. Or possibly one thing that happened that exemplifies many things. >.>

Z of the Na'vi:
inb4 ToastedZombie and his paragraphs relating to the "brony" phenomena as a whole.

Read my mind, that paragraph is the reason I entered this thread in the first place. I wonder how he will ruin OP this time...

All I can say is that man probably gave up a golden opportunity. Seriously, this is Twilight we're talking about.

almost makes me want to be a bronies if true. Nice one.

FYI yall make it on 9gag quite a bit lol

Wait, I'm horribly confused - I think I know whats going on, but then again; does this actually happen at the likes of Bronycon?

Why do people like this show again? I was basically forced to watch one of the episodes but this is even to weird for me.

I see the making of bronies showing up wearing bronies shirts to cons as either parody, or a sad misunderstanding of the comic's point.

Alas, I miss my geek-friends of the old days, females included.

Okay, the sarcasm levels in this comic are through the roof. And yes, Sexual Harassment Fluttershy is pretty much awesome. Although I think I read that fanfic.

hittite:
Okay, the sarcasm levels in this comic are through the roof. And yes, Sexual Harassment Fluttershy is pretty much awesome. Although I think I read that fanfic.

Its called flutter rapist not even joking.

nodlimax:
Why do people like this show again? I was basically forced to watch one of the episodes but this is even to weird for me.

to answer this try reading this ( don't worry it's short)
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/362/406/0ba.png

I want girls to hit on me like that ;_;

I thought he had a club or some sort of bludgeon to smash all the little ponies in smug satisfaction. I imagine that is what I'd do if I somehow found myself at a Pony-con but the repulsion forces between me and social situations (esp cons after SDCC) is too great to have to worry about it.

Not quite sure if I understand the comic here, but I'll give it a try.

The comic is portraying what is apparently happening at Ponycons, except genderflipped. The text underneath is criticising the bloke in the article, except again flipping the genders when doing so. So... this is kinda an elaborate way of saying the article guy is a twatface who doesn't know what he's talking about.

If I just explained the joke, I will be so happy.

DTWolfwood:
almost makes me want to be a bronies if true. Nice one.

FYI yall make it on 9gag quite a bit lol

wow we got a bad-ass over here.

level27smartass:

hittite:

Its called flutter rapist not even joking.

It's... really sad how little that surprises me. I've seen some things man.

I need to start going to more comic conventions, I thought there where mainly males attending.

While I have heard people speculate that bronies don't really like the show, they're only after the attention, I didn't think this was the sort of attention they meant.

I am beginning to suspect this entire comic may be fiction.

Um. The jungle of sarcasm here is a bit difficult to decipher, but I I'm almost positive I see what you did there. And if the "petty little tit" link is supposed to showing some sexist asshole you described....I think you should read the article much more carefully. Or, at all.

Now, before every single woman reading this explodes, let me disambiguate a bit. I absolutely do not believe that every girl who attends conventions and likes "Doctor Who" is pretending to be a geek.

What I'm talking about is the girls who have no interest or history in gaming taking nearly naked photos of themselves with game controllers draped all over their body just to play at being a "model." I get sick of wannabes who couldn't make it as car show eye candy slapping on a Batman shirt and strutting around comic book conventions instead.

See? Pretty simple. Not all girls at "geek conventions" are attention seeking posers, not even most of them. He just has a problem with the ones who ARE.

I don't see the problem here.

And before this thread gets too much farther, I suppose I should drop a link to the local brony group.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic

Ohhh, I get it. That was vicious. Well done!

and some petty little tit claiming to be

Oh my God CNN I hate that site. Brought my PC to a crawl until I manually killed Javascript. We're not all on i7s and Internet Explorer!

Also, comic: I don't get it. Like, really, no idea. Haha, sexual harassment is funny? Ironic commentary on some mad brony orgy or gang rape trend I missed? Feel free to explain, I apparently need small simple words.

The strangest thing I find in this particular comic strip isn't the cigar, the guy fleeing from 3 horny women (Granted, it's strangeness is probably in the fact that I wouldn't flee so quickly, if at all.), or how the Fluttershy one is into his "cutie mark" area.

The strangest thing is how the Twilight one (observant, huh?) said "He's only here for the ATTENTION," even though he was clearly avoiding attention. I guess women like these cannot tell a paradox when they speak one.

AC10:
I'm confused, can someone just give me the rundown on this? I heard MLP conventions were actually almost entirely male.

Maybe small ones, but the big ones, like Bronycon, were extremely diverse. There's many vids floating around.

For the Cons, I've seen a good number of females at these things. I kinda find it funny people think it's 100% male cons or something.

As for the comic, I'm confused what the message or what they were going for... :|

Yal:
While I have heard people speculate that bronies don't really like the show, they're only after the attention, I didn't think this was the sort of attention they meant.

I am beginning to suspect this entire comic may be fiction.

Well see I for one use to ironically embrace as it would make people angry to hilarious a degree Upon watching it further it grew on me and many other people. Take for example the /b/ rebellion after image macros of ponies started pop up mods start handing out bans skittles. which made those who hate ponies rejoice, where bronies came back with full force. Bronies magnged to beat the 4chan mods and anti-brony lurkers into submission. Which ended with us getting our own /mlp/ board. The actions of moderators actually made people who like the show stand up for it which is pretty cool.

Yal:
While I have heard people speculate that bronies don't really like the show

I can say with 100% certainty that those people have no idea what they're talking about. At all.

Many props.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or