Our Little Pony

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

I think the comic misses the original intent of the article, but the article isn't exactly articulated very well.

The dude should've been dressed in a g-string with a ponytail and a bodypaint mark. Anyone who has gone to an anime con has experienced this stuff.

Anime (or comics) or videogame conventions exist to bring together and celebrate fans of that medium. The issue arises when people who aren't fans of that medium show up for attention, and use the convention as a way help their self-image.

Not necessarily those in skimpy outfits. I'm talking about the girls I see walking around topless with tape over their nipples.

This type of behaviour is not at all limited to women either. You'd be surprised how many "big stone-chiseled dudebros" show up at conventions, wear an easy shirtless costume, all in the name of getting some easy tail.

Or look at one of 4chan's most notorious boards, /cgl/ which has a population more 70-80% women. Whats one of the biggest complaints (among female cosplayers?) people who cosplay and have no interest in the convention they're attending or the character they're cosplaying as.

evilthecat:

Clearing the Eye:
snip

Look, I think I see the wavelength you're on now, but that doesn't make it any better, and while I don't agree with much of Rhoda's argument (although it's clear that the virginity thing referred to how people "see" virginity rather than what actually happens) I was pointing out that one particular bit of it is kind of true.

I'll be the first to own up that sometimes experiencing coercion or pain or being pushed to the limits of what you actually want can be incredibly hot sometimes. That doesn't make it sexual harassment. Consent doesn't change its definition or become less important in BDSM practices, it becomes more important, because otherwise there is no guarantee that you're not just abusing or assaulting someone - and the law will certainly see it as such if they ever come forward.

Guys who hurt, insult, grope at or behave aggressively towards people on the assumption that "they enjoy what they don't enjoy" when there is absolutely no evidence that they do are committing sexual harassment. People whose partners trust them enough to willingly place some measure of responsibility in their hands, who are allowed the ability to hurt, insult, grope at or behave aggressively towards their partners as part of a negotiated and mutually supported exchange of power are not committing sexual harassment. It is an insult to the latter group to pretend that these two things are the same.

There is overlap, there are a lot of guys who use BDSM practices to basically act like jerks and misogynists, who believe that all women are natural submissives who can be sent into knee-trembling orgasm by the sight of a particularly impressive dom-scowl and who generally react very badly when the real world fails to live up to their badly-written Gor fanfiction, but generally it's still pretty obvious where the line is.

This has gone waaay off-topic, lol.

I think we both agree that sexual harassment is something people generally never wish to experience and the gender of the victim is utterly irrelevant. Unless otherwise informed, behaving aggressively sexual towards someone is not on. While there's noting wrong at all with flirting, making someone uncomfortable by singling them out and making unwanted or generally offensive comments is a douche move and nothing like friendly advances.

That we agree on that is what's important ^^

"Guys, stop being dicks. Seriously.
Even if you, personally, never acted like a dick - you should totally stop being a dick.
No, I am not generalizing - I am just asking you to stop being a dick (even though you personally never acted as a dick)
If you refuse to accept the accusation of being a dick - well, now you are being mysogynistic and you actually ARE a dick right now. "

I never acted as a dick to women.
Neither was I ever protected by a woman when someone was a dick to me.
So I will not provide my protection to any woman unless doing a personal favor (like protecting friends and family) or providing a paid service.

That's called equality, ladies.
Enjoy it.

It's exceptionally dishonest to compare someone in jeans and T-shirt to someone wearing the most sexualized, revealing and provocative outfit possible.

Someone wearing casual clothes: probably not after attention.

Someone wearing very little; short, revealing clothes and behaving outwardly flamboyant: maybe looking for attention.

Clearing the Eye:

SecondPrize:
I do not at all want to suggest that this sort of behavior is acceptable from attractive people, that it's OK coming from sexual harassment Fluttershy but not...
For all the guys who say they wouldn't mind this, replace the ponies with big beefy gay dudes who work out a lot, but keep all the text. Now how do you feel about it?
That is more to the point. Although the point really is that brony 2012 will NEVER get to relate on an equal level, only as dat magic ass, but that's just way too tough.

Big beefy gay guy? Fuck yes. Sign me up for hot gay guys drooling all over me XD

I'm afraid you're going to have to go with the original ponies.

SecondPrize:

Clearing the Eye:

SecondPrize:
I do not at all want to suggest that this sort of behavior is acceptable from attractive people, that it's OK coming from sexual harassment Fluttershy but not...
For all the guys who say they wouldn't mind this, replace the ponies with big beefy gay dudes who work out a lot, but keep all the text. Now how do you feel about it?
That is more to the point. Although the point really is that brony 2012 will NEVER get to relate on an equal level, only as dat magic ass, but that's just way too tough.

Big beefy gay guy? Fuck yes. Sign me up for hot gay guys drooling all over me XD

I'm afraid you're going to have to go with the original ponies.

Ponies? Like, actual ponies? Or the cute fans hitting on the guy? 'Cause if it's the latter, yes please! Not so much the former. Well... Actually, a horse capable of coming on to me might be kind of cool XD

MetalMagpie:

canadamus_prime:
Wow, I'm glad I'm not a brony and I don't attend conventions. Also double standard much.

It's not about bronies at all.

The article the description links to is written by a guy complaining that some girls go to conventions "just to get attention". So the comic is making a point that questioning someone's right to be at a convention on the basis of their gender is stupid, by reversing the genders for comic effect. (The three women act like bad stereotypes of chauvinistic men. One of them is even smoking a cigar, which is seen as a very male trait.)

The comic isn't suggesting that bronies experience undue hostility (or sexually harassment) at conventions. It's suggesting that women do. Which is a debate best left at arm's length! (And behind a flame shield.)

Oh. I suppose it would've helped if I'd actually read that article.

trollpwner:

ZippyDSMlee:

Say it 3 times in the mirror for surprise butt secks!

Surprise butt secks, you say?

WIF PONIES EVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =^.^=

Clearing the Eye:

ZippyDSMlee:

trollpwner:

A-ha! I now know your IRL name! Nyuh-nyuh-nyuh-nyuh!

OT: Having thought about it, I think that making generalizations about anything in the sexism debate is playing with fire. Sexism should be tackled on an individual basis, or you're just going to piss people off.

CAPTCHA: Geronimo.

Indeed.

Say it 3 times in the mirror for surprise butt secks!

Tell me your name and let's do this shit! Bad choice of word? >_>

Its zippy of course =^_~=

MetalMagpie:

Ohlookit'sMatty:
What are you guys smoking? I really hope that this sort of thing doesn't go on at pony cons

The article the description links to is written by a guy complaining that some girls go to conventions "just to get attention". So the comic is making a point that questioning someone's right to be at a convention on the basis of their gender is stupid, by reversing the genders for comic effect. (The three women act like bad stereotypes of chauvinistic men. One of them is even smoking a cigar, which is seen as a very male trait.)

The comic isn't suggesting that bronies experience undue hostility (or sexually harassment) at conventions. It's suggesting that women do. Which is a debate best left at arm's length! (And behind a flame shield.)

I get that and I remember that argument made about girls going to cons like this just to get attention // I'm just posting for the humor of it

The comic does a decent job of shows us what goes on at these cons by reversing the rolls

-M

Really? How do you guys know the difference between a woman who is a fan and one that is not? Are there not women just open enough with their sexuality that they are comfortable dressing as the sexually charged women in games and comics that they love?

Are you guys going up and trying to talk to these women and they don't want to talk to you? Is that where you assume they are just posers, trying to grab your attention, and walking around like they are goddesses? Because they don't want to talk to you?

Right. That totally makes complete, utter sense. I can't help but feel like this is bordering on the whole concept that a woman deserves to be raped because of how she is dressed. The idea that a woman's body parts have that much control over a man, that it's unfair to the man for her to have those body parts.

Clearing the Eye:
It's exceptionally dishonest to compare someone in jeans and T-shirt to someone wearing the most sexualized, revealing and provocative outfit possible.

Someone wearing very little; short, revealing clothes and behaving outwardly flamboyant: maybe looking for attention.

Every girl I know who is geeky has been accused of wanting attention, no matter what they were wearing at the time.

As I said before, people can say that it only applies to people who are looking for attention, but it doesn't. Lots of guys now just treat any girl with an interest in anything geeky as someone who is there for attention.

Jeans and a T-shirt is exactly what I was wearing the last time I got told I was there for attention.

ZippyDSMlee:

trollpwner:

Surprise butt secks, you say?

WIF PONIES EVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =^.^=

Sounds good....

Phasmal:

Clearing the Eye:

Every girl I know who is geeky has been accused of wanting attention, no matter what they were wearing at the time.

As I said before, people can say that it only applies to people who are looking for attention, but it doesn't. Lots of guys now just treat any girl with an interest in anything geeky as someone who is there for attention.

Jeans and a T-shirt is exactly what I was wearing the last time I got told I was there for attention.

The comic is about a specific article someone wrote, flaming a group of people wearing proactive outfits and behaving in an overt, "look at me" way. They commented that they don't like "booth babes" showing up to conventions to stand around and get ogled. They weren't talking about average people at all.

The OP and their comic (like many here) missed the point and jumped right to assuming the article was referring to women, period. As such, I said it is dishonest to draw a comic with a very mundane man. For honesty, if the OP was genuinely trying to comment on the actual point of the article, the man would be wearing tight, revealing clothes and flexing. Their mistake or dishonesty has ended with many people here assuming the article was about women at conventions, period.

Clearing the Eye:
The comic is about a specific article someone wrote, flaming a group of people wearing proactive outfits and behaving in an overt, "look at me" way. They commented that they don't like "booth babes" showing up to conventions to stand around and get ogled. They weren't talking about average people at all.

The OP and their comic (like many here) missed the point and jumped right to assuming the article was referring to women, period. As such, I said it is dishonest to draw a comic with a very mundane man. For honesty, if the OP was genuinely trying to comment on the actual point of the article, the man would be wearing tight, revealing clothes and flexing. Their mistake or dishonesty has ended with many people here assuming the article was about women at conventions, period.

I know what the article is about, but you can't just say `We're talking about this group of people and it doesn't affect others` because it does.
There are way more women who go to cons because they have a real interest, but they all get tarred with the same brush.
Acceptance of women in geeky spaces is an issue and this kind of article only creates resentment by people who wrongly assume they can tell who is a `real geek` and who isn't.

If the general community didn't constantly stereotype me and others of my gender as only being there for attention, it wouldn't bother me. Because yes those people exist.
But really those people are doing less harm in my opinion than people going around and assuming that every female is there to get attention.

Clearing the Eye:

In seriousness though I think you have this bang on, except for one major factor, which is novelty. One creepy and inappropriate advance from someone who can physically intimidate you is still an ego boost. Several thousand creepy and inappropriate advances is (I imagine) somewhat less fun. That's why even if the girls here were intimidating and unattractive it still wouldn't seem so bad to a guy.

Exactly!!

Spot1990:

rhodo:
snip

Are you trying to say men can't be sexually harassed? Because it's happened to me and it's not fun. It's also quite embarrassing because people have the attitude where it's just not something that happens to men so when it does happen to you you get openly mocked as well.

No, no, I never intended that.
I intended that on a general rule, men being sexually harassed is a quite rare occurrence in everyday life. Women being sexually harassed is something every woman fears.

I concede that the one time men gets sexually harassed, they have the downside of not getting support since "it's such a rare occurence".

But here I was talking to someone who does not even know what sexual harassment really is, and therefore claims he would ENJOY it.
A troll, if you will.

evilthecat:

Clearing the Eye:
You've still yet to prove to me how one cannot enjoy harassment. You're welcome to keep trying. I'll even let you make up some more numbers.

Sorry, but if you're "enjoying" harassment it's not harassment. The definition of harassment involves consent.

As everything you have said makes it abundantly clear, you don't fear sexual violence. Perhaps you believe, most-likely correctly, that if someone were to grab you or touch you inappropriately and you told them to get off they actually would, that you could not be physically threatened or coerced. Perhaps you also can't imagine anyone "sexually harassing" you would do anything which you would actually find painful or humiliating. What I think Rhodo has been meaning to say is that, to a large extent, you only have the luxury of believing these things because you are a man. That is not to say that every man has that luxury, many men have experienced sexual assault or otherwise understand that it can happen to them. Some men have learned to fear it. Ask men in prison whether they "enjoy" aggressive sexual advances, and you will probably get a different range of answers to those present in the general male population.

Regardless, you don't seem to fear these things. Fair enough. You shouldn't have to. But that doesn't mean that noone else does or that noone else has the right to. I don't know a single woman who has not, at one point in her life, been in genuine fear of encountering sexual violence.

It's no good talking about possibilities and theoretical examples, the sad fact is that some degree of sexual aggression is considered normal amongst men. Women still live in routine fear of sexual violence from men who view sexual aggression as normal behaviour, and the fact that that you can only imagine sexual aggression as something you would find enjoyable speaks of a certain privilege on your part which stems directly from being male. While I hope you never encounter evidence to the contrary, you could at least be open to admitting that not everyone is positioned to "enjoy" aggressive sexual advances.

I won't even write an answer since THIS is exactly what needs to be said.

I think claiming to "enjoy sexual harassment" means you don't know what sexual harassment is. Sadly, this is true for many males.

I think those creeps that made me afraid with their creepy advances had the same mindset. "I'm not harassing her because there's no way she's not enjoying my attention".

Whether or not the original article was about booth babes, or women in general, the comic still is a funny subversion of still goes on in conventions.

It's even funnier to me, since the majority of bronies I personally know are the really bad kind. A bunch of misogynistic men who sexualize ponies, and muscle the female MLP fanbase around by telling them what's popular and what they can call themselves. (god forbid a girl wants to call herself a brony) *and no, I know not all bronies are like that, I'm merely talking about the group of people I know*

Seeing a comic where a brony is sexualized and muscled around is downright hilarious.

Phasmal:

Clearing the Eye:

I know what the article is about, but you can't just say `We're talking about this group of people and it doesn't affect others` because it does.
There are way more women who go to cons because they have a real interest, but they all get tarred with the same brush.
Acceptance of women in geeky spaces is an issue and this kind of article only creates resentment by people who wrongly assume they can tell who is a `real geek` and who isn't.

If the general community didn't constantly stereotype me and others of my gender as only being there for attention, it wouldn't bother me. Because yes those people exist.
But really those people are doing less harm in my opinion than people going around and assuming that every female is there to get attention.

The point is, the OP was firing back at a specific article and they did so incorrectly.

Yes, some people get accused of being out for attention when they clearly aren't. However, this article isn't about that and the comic shouldn't have referred to it. Make the argument, fine. Good. Awesome. Don't misrepresent a genuine article as misogynistic and sexist.

The OP did what many people do nowadays: see criticism of people that happen to be women, ignore all the context and jump to claim sexism.

rhodo:
I think claiming to "enjoy sexual harassment" means you don't know what sexual harassment is. Sadly, this is true for many males.

You can enjoy harassment. You can enjoy pain. You can enjoy suffering, sadness, torture and humiliation. You're either painfully stubborn or spectacularly uninformed. Just because something causes discomfort, doesn't mean you can't want it. I happen to rather enjoy masochistic women (I'm bi, but masochistic men doesn't do much for me, oddly). The women I am sexually attracted or involved with want to be hurt to varying degrees and want to be made to suffer. Just because they enjoy it, doesn't mean it's any less unpleasant or painful--and that's the entire point, they want the bad things. Being cut, flogged or reduced to tears from pain doesn't mean it didn't suck. It just happened to suck in just the right way, lol.

Your refusal to accept or understand a mindset doesn't erase it. I won't go into detail (because who the fuck are you, lol) but I've enjoyed some terrible situations in the past, not the least of which included self-mutilation and intense pain.

Clearing the Eye:
The point is, the OP was firing back at a specific article and they did so incorrectly.

Yes, some people get accused of being out for attention when they clearly aren't. However, this article isn't about that and the comic shouldn't have referred to it. Make the argument, fine. Good. Awesome. Don't misrepresent a genuine article as misogynistic and sexist.

The OP did what many people do nowadays: see criticism of people that happen to be women, ignore all the context and jump to claim sexism.

Perhaps they saw the article the same way I did, something completely unhelpful and something that will just cause more people to perpetuate this dumb stereotype that gets aimed more at people who arent there for attention than who are.
Either way, I can see why you object to it, I don't particularly agree, but I'm big enough not to go `U R WRONG!`. Agree to disgaree and all that.
Now I think I'm gonna go make a cake.

Phasmal:

Clearing the Eye:

Perhaps they saw the article the same way I did, something completely unhelpful and something that will just cause more people to perpetuate this dumb stereotype that gets aimed more at people who arent there for attention than who are.
Either way, I can see why you object to it, I don't particularly agree, but I'm big enough not to go `U R WRONG!`. Agree to disgaree and all that.
Now I think I'm gonna go make a cake.

How rude. Flaunting your baking skills up in my face like that. Down right cruel!

*goes back to eating cereal, the only thing he can make* T^T

Did we really need to bring up that douchbags article? I get that you are making fun of him but we really dont need to give his douchbaggery any more attention.

rhodo:

Mr Binary:
I was a tad confused after I read the comic and the small article below it. I haven't really noticed this stuff happening... though, they could just be making an ironic statement of sorts.

Satire. It's called satire.
Sigh.

The issue that is confusing a lot of people is that the comic did a really crappy job of it.

Sexual harassment aside, looking at this in the context of the topic in question.... too funny...

Clearing the Eye:
[quote="Phasmal" post="6.383735.15197780"]

You can enjoy harassment. You can enjoy pain. You can enjoy suffering, sadness, torture and humiliation. You're either painfully stubborn or spectacularly uninformed. Just because something causes discomfort, doesn't mean you can't want it. I happen to rather enjoy masochistic women (I'm bi, but masochistic men doesn't do much for me, oddly). The women I am sexually attracted or involved with want to be hurt to varying degrees and want to be made to suffer. Just because they enjoy it, doesn't mean it's any less unpleasant or painful--and that's the entire point, they want the bad things. Being cut, flogged or reduced to tears from pain doesn't mean it didn't suck. It just happened to suck in just the right way, lol.

Your refusal to accept or understand a mindset doesn't erase it. I won't go into detail (because who the fuck are you, lol) but I've enjoyed some terrible situations in the past, not the least of which included self-mutilation and intense pain.

As a sadomasochist myself, you don't know jack about sadomasochism.

Healthy sadomasochism is the desire for submission and/or various degrees of physical pain with someone you love or at least like. There's humiliation, there's pain, but it's with who you want it and when you want it, and you can stop it.

No healthy, sane individual enjoys rape. Why would they enjoy sexual harassment, which is the menace of rape?

If you're claiming sadomasochists enjoy sexual harassment, you're implying they enjoy rape. As a sadomasochist, I'm saying you're just talking out of your ass.
Or, perhaps, you need to see a psychiatrist.

The really funny part is, depending on which con you go to, you may really run into this situation as a guy. (Pittsburgh Comicon a few years back, though for anime, not MLP)

MetalMagpie:

tehweave:
I wanna say that never happens, but... I've never been to a con dressed as a brony. (Yes, I am still in the 'brony' closet. Eventually, I'll tell my friends about it. Hopefully they'll be supportive.)

Scrustle:
I had no idea this kind of thing happened. Seems like the reverse of the whole fake gamer girl phenomenon.

Tony2077:
this is why i may like the series but i don't ever plan to go to a con

Ohlookit'sMatty:
What are you guys smoking? I really hope that this sort of thing doesn't go on at pony cons

canadamus_prime:
Wow, I'm glad I'm not a brony and I don't attend conventions. Also double standard much.

i don't really care who its about the people there make me not want to go within 100km of a con any of them

Scrumpmonkey:

SpiderJerusalem:
We could lump them together with the furries and put them on an island somewhere, that would solve a multitude of problems.

Speak of the devil :P. And you move this thread one step closer to invoking Godwins law. Someone is bound to call that some kind of -ism. Maybe a fash? Who knows.

Try -asm, maybe sarc? Who knows.

That part was more than a little full of it. Also hyperbole, hyperbole is great.

Doesn't make Bronies any less creepier.

rhodo:

Clearing the Eye:
[quote="Phasmal" post="6.383735.15197780"]

As a sadomasochist myself, you don't know jack about sadomasochism.

Healthy sadomasochism is the desire for submission and/or various degrees of physical pain with someone you love or at least like. There's humiliation, there's pain, but it's with who you want it and when you want it, and you can stop it.

No healthy, sane individual enjoys rape. Why would they enjoy sexual harassment, which is the menace of rape?

If you're claiming sadomasochists enjoy sexual harassment, you're implying they enjoy rape. As a sadomasochist, I'm saying you're just talking out of your ass.
Or, perhaps, you need to see a psychiatrist.

I don't know "jack" about a paraphilia I enjoy? Lol, okay.

News flash, hun: sadism and masochism go well beyond your little games of spank and tickle. Ever hear of body modification and mutilation? Seen a woman be flogged to the point of passing out? Seen a woman have her vulva removed with a scalpel? It hurts. A whole fucking lot. Just because she agreed to it, didn't make it any less horrendously painful.

What you do or don't enjoy and where your limits lie, do not represent a standard or a rule. Some people like going through real, real bad things.

Kyogissun:

"At cons, not only are Bronies subjected to numerous unwanted sexual advances, some critics have even questioned their motives for attending such gatherings in the first place."

This... this is a joke, right? Are there really people there who have seen bronies being hit on? This HAS to be a joke, I just cannot believe this is legit, being a fan myself. I just don't buy this to be true.

EDIT- Yeah... when i do get hit on. Its either guys, or underage girls :(

and/or their mothers (sometimes the cougars are worth it) ;)

A good rule of thumb for men at cons: don't try to flirt with the cosplayers or booth babes unless they initiate the flirting. Otherwise all you are doing is pissing them off.

Clearing the Eye:
[quote="rhodo" post="6.383735.15198014"]

News flash, hun: sadism and masochism go well beyond your little games of spank and tickle. Ever hear of body modification and mutilation? Seen a woman be flogged to the point of passing out? Seen a woman have her vulva removed with a scalpel? It hurts. A whole fucking lot. Just because she agreed to it, didn't make it any less horrendously painful.

What you do or don't enjoy and where your limits lie, do not represent a standard or a rule. Some people like going through real, real bad things.

Everyone is a tough boy on the internet, so I hope you're overexagerating only for trolling purpose.

But if you really do think that a person who wants her vulva removed with a scalpel (the equivalent of getting your penis cut away by scissors) is an healthy, sane individual with no issues whatsoever, then I don't know what to say.
Keep in mind I was speaking of HEALTHY sadomasochism. Not insanity like people who torture their bodies, serve their penises as food, remove their own vaginas, and stuff like that which seems to blatantly show you have a problem with sex rather than enjoying it.

I suppose that's the same kind of person who assumes that rape (REAL rape, not a fake rape fantasy) can totally be enjoyable.
Heck, thank you for giving me an insight on what might be the mind set of those creeps that scare me out. Thinking that I may enjoy it because people can totally enjoy it.

uhohimdead:

to answer this try reading this ( don't worry it's short)
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/362/406/0ba.png

Bill Waterson didn't write that!

The comic [Critical Miss] was great. Sometimes I come into threads without reading any of the other posts and just drop my opinion. That would have been a mistake here, as not attending cons of any sort myself I naively imagined this scenario nearly plausible. Hey, maybe MLP programs women to act sexually aggressive, what do I know.

Anyway, great comic.

rhodo:
remove their own vaginas

*vagina (no plural)

Okay, you're either hilariously ill-informed about your own body or you're a man--it's physically impossible to remove a woman's vagina. Why? Because the vagina is a cavity.

You've failed to understand a paraphilia you claim to enjoy, have misunderstood, mixed up and flat out gotten wrong key facts about the human body, continually refuse to accept perspectives that fall outside your own, limited views and even dared to say men cannot be raped or lose their virginity. It's almost impossible to argue with you.

If all you have to defend your position is "you're crazy," you've already lost.

TopazFusion:

Trishbot:
I admit... I dressed my boyfriend up like Spike and had my way with him.

Please tell me you were dressed as Rarity ...

Hell no. Twilight Sparkle. She's obviously better for him anyway.

Trishbot:

TopazFusion:

Trishbot:
I admit... I dressed my boyfriend up like Spike and had my way with him.

Please tell me you were dressed as Rarity ...

Hell no. Twilight Sparkle. She's obviously better for him anyway.

Oh god. So many "big stake" puns. Must... resist...

EDIT: why did I say sword when I meant stake? lolderp

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or