Zero Punctuation: The Amazing Spider-Man

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Amazing Spider-Man

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews everyone's favorite web slinger.

Watch Video

Was this game really so uninspiring that nobody has commented by now?

Poor Spiderman. He really hasn't gotten a good game since SM2.

Why awlays New Yourk ? Why there is no spider-man in LA for example ? Arent there enough skyscrapers ?
Probably Prototype 1 is the better spider-man game than spider man .

Since the beginning of video games, expecting a movie tie-in game to suck is like expecting the sun to rise. It just happens, and there's very little we can do to stop it from happening.

Darth Vader's y-front. Now there's a mental image.

Nice jab at MovieBob there, Yahtzee.

Yeah, that fisting scene was weird. <looks around shifty eyed>

Wow, it seems some developers have really forgotten how to make video games.

So the basic conclusion is that Batman is awesome.

Well I'm glad we sorted that out.

Will anyone ever make a good spiderman game? (Not counting that awesome game spiderman vs kingpin on the master system/mega drive and a fighting game that I can't remember the name of)

"So, what's worse than a video game whose cinematic aspirations mean trivializing the player's contribution to play?"

"Ooh! How about said video game being based on a movie, thus rendering those cinematic aspirations utterly ridiculous in the first place?"

"Excellent! Let's ship."

I'm surprised he didn't mention the soundtrack that couldn't have subtracted more from the game's atmosphere if it had teleported it to the Sea of Tranquility.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
This week, Zero Punctuation reviews everyone's favorite web slinger.

Oh Please Yahtzee, you're our favorite web slinger.

Balkan:
Why awlays New Yourk ? Why there is no spider-man in LA for example ? Arent there enough skyscrapers ?

Because spiderman never existed in LA or anywhere besides new york for that matter.

Seemes Defenatly like a QTE Fest. <.<

Why do they keep doing that? In case we mess up the artists Stile?

Bad developers! Bad! ;P

Free advice yahtzee, never provoke the wrath of moviebob. Also when are you going to do a ps vita review, both Metal Gear collection and Gravity Daze are out so you something to review.

I cant wait till we have some decent releases for Yahtzee to shit on. I feel like this is just taking candy from a baby.

Not completely off topic but Spider Man for Genesis was freaking awesome for back in the day

"batmam's whale penis"-Yahtzee LOL
and was that a "ITSY BITSY SPIDER" reference I heard in this review??

Jman1236:
Free advice yahtzee, never provoke the wrath of moviebob. Also when are you going to do a ps vita review, both Metal Gear collection and Gravity Daze are out so you something to review.

Bah, Yahtzee will be fine. Moviebob doesn't do shit unless you insult his one true god Nintend-oh crap, I think Yahtzee has bad-mouthed Nintendo before! RUN YAHTZEE RUN!

So in other words, movie licensed games still suck. Weird, I'm pretty casual as gamers go, everyone throws out their favorite games on this site and I draw a blank at what they're supposed to be, but even I know that if a game is based on a movie there's a 99% chance that it's going to suck.

Can we just get Spider Man 2-2? Keep the web slinging and keep the amount of citizens reporting crimes to a minimum so I don't get burnt out on the combat just by travelling to my next destination.

CronoT:
Since the beginning of video games, expecting a movie tie-in game to suck is like expecting the sun to rise. It just happens, and there's very little we can do to stop it from happening.

There are some exceptions. I really enjoyed Constantine on the Xbox. And the incredibly violent Wolverine Oranges tie-in!

rembrandtqeinstein:
Not completely off topic but Spider Man for Genesis was freaking awesome for back in the day
snip

It was great and non linear too. Someone needs to do a modern remake of something like THIS game and stop spewing out shovelware.

Wolf Hagen:
Seemes Defenatly like a QTE Fest. <.<

Why do they keep doing that? In case we mess up the artists Stile?

Bad developers! Bad! ;P

Seriously ? You are telling me that just because he was never in any other city , that means that he cant be ? Its a fictional character , a they can just write it on paper and bam , he is there .
There isnt anything sacred about this paper-thin character .

You might as well rip off Arkham City 'cause it's about as close to being Spider-man as you can get. Batman swings around in the rafters, has a free-flow combat system that would seamlessly fit Spider-man's own fighting style of flailing around like a bee in a jar and there's plenty of exploration options for a guy who can climb anything.

Maybe its time for Marvel Films to take control and make Marvel Games.

Balkan:
snip

It would just be a bit strange, Like writing about Batman in Star City or something :/

Moonlight Butterfly:

Balkan:
snip

It would just be a bit strange, Like writing about Batman in Star City or something :/

I dont say that it must be made , but if the game is going to suck iderway , then they should atleast make it stand up .

"Insipid fish paste sandwich to Batman's fearsome whale penis baguette."

Absolutely best comparison ever...

rembrandtqeinstein:

Meh, I had many issues with the game. Its saving grace is the awesome music.

rembrandtqeinstein:

Is that the only Spidey game that made Peter Parker's photography part of gameplay? I liked that touch a lot.

Balkan:

Spider-Man has always been a New Yorker. It's ingrained in his character.

Falseprophet:

rembrandtqeinstein:

Is that the only Spidey game that made Peter Parker's photography part of gameplay? I liked that touch a lot.

Yeah it was you could take pics back to the daily bugle and get rewards. It was cool.

People keep telling me I should play this game and I don't fucking know why. Everything Yahtzee pointed out is everything I figured there would be in a video-game-movie-tie-in. Those are rarely good. Sometimes you can be surprised, but every professional critic (IE: gets PAID to review games, not just is really good at it) has pretty much disliked this game.

I don't mind games trying to rip-off excellent games like Batman: Arkham City, but you have to do a good job of it at the least. Otherwise people will catch on and hate your for it.

Statler and Waldorf felt the same way as Yahztee about the ASM movie

I can't tell you how many games I've had to taken returns on from parents because it was "too hard". Activision must be striving to produce the ultimate "can't-fail movie-tie-in cash-grab screw-the-quality" game ever.

And that costume is seriously horrendous. It's far too busy and I have a hard time believing that Peter would design such an overblown, over-tweaked monstrosity on his first try. Daredevil had better fashion sense even in his first costume (the brown and yellow one) -- and he's blind!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here