The Big Picture: Holy Spoilers Batman!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Holy Spoilers Batman!

Enjoy a spoiler filled look back at The Dark Knight Rises.

Watch Video

Wait if Raz runs the League of Assassins...

...Does that make Batman a Templar?

yay!!! a fun ep as promised

Next up for the Bat is a reboot which I assume will culminate in an Avengers style team up with his Justice League Colleagues.

I dunno about one thing, Bob. Just because YOU figured out that Miranda was Talia really early on, doesn't mean that EVERYONE did.

Me, and everyone I know who saw the movie (even people who are just as big of bat-fans as I) didn't see the twist coming. Granted, as soon as it happened, a big "oh, duh" entered my brain, and everything made perfect sense, but I think assuming that it was really THAT obvious is a bit much.

Am I alone here? Was the twist really THAT obvious?

I guess in the future of comicbook, should they choose to make a sixth Robin (whenever Damian gave up the mantle) that Robin real name would be John Blake? That however if want to bring John Blake as an adult already into the DC Comic universe?

I liked the movie!!
Haven't been into comics too much so didn't know this movie was this much based of the comics... A good thing I guess :P

Leemaster777:
I dunno about one thing, Bob. Just because YOU figured out that Miranda was Talia really early on, doesn't mean that EVERYONE did.

Me, and everyone I know who saw the movie (even people who are just as big of bat-fans as I) didn't see the twist coming. Granted, as soon as it happened, a big "oh, duh" entered my brain, and everything made perfect sense, but I think assuming that it was really THAT obvious is a bit much.

It wouldn't have been obvious for me if Miranda didn't have her accent, because it was her accent that gave it away for me.

Growing up on Batman: The Animated Series, I remembered the episodes with Ras al Ghul and Talia. She had a very similar accent in the show.

Leemaster777:

exhibit a: the mastermind behind the whole thing was the child of ra's al ghul.
exhibit b: ra's al ghul had a daughter
exhibit c: there are two female characters in the movie, one of which is catwoman.

i rest my case

Leemaster777:

As soon as Marion Cotillard was cast in DKR, there was wide speculation on the internet about her role. The smart money seemed to favour Talia Al-Ghul, and it turned out to be right.

Only thing I got from this vid was that Starfire and Nightwing had a kid; that I did not know.

Falseprophet:

Leemaster777:

As soon as Marion Cotillard was cast in DKR, there was wide speculation on the internet about her role. The smart money seemed to favour Talia Al-Ghul, and it turned out to be right.

See, now THAT might be where my problem was. See, I avoided all information about TDNR pre-release like the fucking plague. I didn't want to spoil myself for that very reason.

Perhaps that's why it was more obvious to others than it was for me.

Hmmm...I wonder how these plot items will play out in regards to something else someone noticed.

I can't remember what it was, but I think someone here on the Escapist suggested that in one scene where we see Wayne walking around with a cane, it was a setup that leads into a possible live action version of Batman Beyond. Now...granted it's a stretch, but I can definitely see the connection.

hold on... Are you telling me that this video has spoilers in it?

6 Batman themed Big Pictures in a row?
New record!

Scarim Coral:
I guess in the future of comicbook, should they choose to make a sixth Robin (whenever Damian gave up the mantle) that Robin real name would be John Blake? That however if want to bring John Blake as an adult already into the DC Comic universe?

They could just bring him in as a cop on the force the way they did Rene Montoya. His plot could just follow on the movie from there.

I am surprised that Bob did not mention the No Man's Land event which was clearly the inspiration for how the occupation part of the movie.

Is it me or Bob sounds depressed and impatient with something we (the nerd community) should be rather happy with. Holiday from reading internet comments in order?

newwiseman:
Only thing I got from this vid was that Starfire and Nightwing had a kid; that I did not know.

Same here.
Which upon reflection is really sad that I already knew everything else.
I need a life.

Mikeyfell:

New record!

Worlds Within Worlds wasn't Batman themed, and On the Subject of Violence was only somewhat related.

"Holy Spoilers"? you mean "Un-Holy Spoiler"? because it's supposed to be negative thing?

So... in the end, Directer says to the press "No More Batman Movies" does it mean we get a "Nightwing" movie?

i didn't really know about Talia but from the moment she stabbed batman the movie got pretty ridicules with all the twists. also Bane sounds like Christopher Walken with a bad Mic, and Commissioner Gordon had a voice break that made me laugh at some point in the movie. also the scene at the start where Bruce talks to Alfred where it transitioned between Bruce's face and Alfred's face was really poorly done and kinda looked like a soap opera

DVS BSTrD:
Wait if Raz runs the League of Assassins...

...Does that make Batman a Templar?

If the league were actually Templars then yes..

Leemaster777:

Oh, I don't think it being Miranda was TOO obvious in the context of just this movie; it's just that from the moment Ra's Al Ghul was announced as a character for "Batman Begins" people (myself included) have been just assuming she's going to show up at some point and looking at every female character in the series as a possible surprise-reveal (right up until midway through "Dark Knight," I actually had a cash bet going with some people that she'd turn out to be Rachel Dawes) and when Miranda started being very vague about her "difficult past" in this one that was more-or-less the final giveaway.

Mikeyfell:

New record!

They are not in a row.. You missed the Worlds within worlds right smack dab in the middle.

All I gotta say is thank GOD that you confirmed that there was never a Blake being a batman or robin because after watching the movie that was the one thing me and my brother talked about that didn't make sense.

As a comic reader, I saw every single twist coming a mile away. I knew that Miranda was Talia the moment she showed her scar and talked about her family at the fireplace.

Then whole "Robin" John Black annoyed me the most from the references from the comic books. Ra's, Talia, and Bane histories are fairly different, but I can look past them because they work fit with Nolan's Batman continuity. (Still annoyed that the movie pronounces Ra's as "Raz" instead of "Ray-sh" tho) But calling Joseph Goden-Levitt character Robin at the end made groan so much.

I know it's probably because I big comic fan, but I hate that degraded Robin as one person when in there comics that position has be given to many characters with different personalities and ambitions(some who have been girls). The movie loved to point out how The Batman was just a symbol and that anybody can take up the mantle, but really thats more true with Robin. The person whose at Bruce's side and keeps him in check.

I don't know I thought the movie was setting up John Blake to be a new Batman, kind of like a revamped Batman Beyond type thing, but then they go on calling him Robin which is kind of confusing, so yah didn't sit right with me.

Wait there are five diffrent robins? What happened to them. One goes off to be Nightwing, I think one dies but what about the rest? Can someone explain this to me.

Based pure on what we saw in the movie without comic knowledge I figured out she was a villain when they went after the truck and it turned out to be th wrong one.

It is a small complaint but it was bugging me, Ras is pronounced Ray-Sh, granted the movies get it wrong but the animated series and the red hood movie don't.

Leemaster777:

Yep! It really was. As soon as she opened her mouth for the first time with that vague but exotic accent you knew exactly who she was going to turn out to be. No question about it.

newwiseman:

It's in the Mark Waid and Alex Ross "not cannon, alternate world, possible future timeline" miniseries Kingdom Come. I don't think the subject ever comes up anywhere else?

LTlewis:
Wait there are five diffrent robins? What happened to them. One goes off to be Nightwing, I think one dies but what about the rest? Can someone explain this to me.

The 5 major Robins are:
Dick Grayson- Later goes on to be Nightwing, then Batman when Bruce "dies", then back to Nightwing in the reboot
Jason Todd- Robin for a short time, but fans hated him and was later killed off by the Joker, but came back as Red Hood
Tim Drake- Kind of forced himself to be the next Robin, after he found out Bruce identity and noticed he needed a Robin by his side. Later became Red Robin
Stephanie Brown- Daughter of villain, became the vigilante Spoiler, and later made her own Robin costume and and tells Bruce shes the next Robin. She screws up and Bruce like exiles her. Later became the 3rd Batgirl.
Damian Wayne- Douch kid extreme, son of Bruce and Talia. Thinks he's the shit and always trying to get daddies approval.

Theres more than 5 but the other where in alternate universes or only for a very short time.

Frank_Sinatra_:

newwiseman:

Same here.
Which upon reflection is really sad that I already knew everything else.
I need a life.

Well, they don't in the mainstream universe, or what was the mainstream universe before the reboot. Only in the Kingdom Come alternate universe. For the record she was called Nightstar, I think, and looked like Starfire if you palette swapped her from orange/gold to purple/black

LTlewis:

Robin 1 is Dick Grayson who grows up to be Nightwing then Batman for a bit
Robin 2 is Jason Todd who died, but was brought back and became the Red Hood
Robin 3 is Tim Drake who I think upgraded to Nightwing when the old Nightwing (the first Robin) started being Batman
Robin 4 is Stephanie Brown, I believe, the hero formerly known as Spoiler. I don't know much about her except she supposedly died but turned out not to be (there seems to be a pattern developing here)
Robin 5 is Damien Wayne, the one talked about in the video.

I think thats accurate

EDIT: D'ooooh, ninja'd on both counts

faefrost:

newwiseman:

It's in the Mark Waid and Alex Ross "not cannon, alternate world, possible future timeline" miniseries Kingdom Come. I don't think the subject ever comes up anywhere else?

Ya, I did a little look up after posting and Nightfire apparently marries talia and batmans's son and has a couple kids. That is one crazy looking family tree.

For the record Bob, the Kingdome Come audio drama produced by the BBC pronounced it iban (soft I) al Zoo Fosh (soft O). I can't claim credibility as to if they got it right, but it's better than the mumbling you did.

is anyone else getting tired out the 'comics are weird' thing? its just sooo annoying to me every time it pops up

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here