Movie Trailers: Rurouni Kenshin - Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Rurouni Kenshin - Trailer

This is exactly what the world needs, more reformed assassins.

Watch Video

Well that looks horrible, and why do they keep calling him an assassin (the story is he was a ronin (masterless samurai) fighting in the Meiji Revolution).

newwiseman:
Well that looks horrible, and why do they keep calling him an assassin (the story is he was a ronin (masterless samurai) fighting in the Meiji Revolution).

Apparently you've never heard of the concept of doing an interpretation.
(See: The Dark Knight trilogy)

As long as the story remains engaging, and the characters interesting who cares if it doesn't adhere to the exact story line?

Disappointing only because I thought it'd be based on the original series, not the show that came after.
I never got into the show for various reasons. The movie looks fun though, worth a watch.

Snotnarok:
Disappointing only because I thought it'd be based on the original series, not the show that came after.
I never got into the show for various reasons. The movie looks fun though, worth a watch.

I really don't see what you mean, every plot line I saw in there was present in the original manga.

From what I can gather it looks like they're doing the Jin-e and Oniwabanshu arcs, but then there's also Saito in there and someone who might even be Enishi, who is the villain in the final arc of the series... No sign of anyone from the Shishio arc though which gives me hope that they won't just compress the whole thing into one film.

Either way I'm going to watch the hell out of this as soon as I can get my hands on it.

This...looks like it will be awesome. I want to see this.

Nerexor:

Snotnarok:

I really don't see what you mean, every plot line I saw in there was present in the original manga.

From what I can gather it looks like they're doing the Jin-e and Oniwabanshu arcs, but then there's also Saito in there and someone who might even be Enishi, who is the villain in the final arc of the series... No sign of anyone from the Shishio arc though which gives me hope that they won't just compress the whole thing into one film.

Either way I'm going to watch the hell out of this as soon as I can get my hands on it.

I'm referring to Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X, I just didn't dig the actual show where he's got the pink shirt and what not.

All of my yes. Please take it. As someone who watched the show as a kid, this is literally the greatest thing.

Snotnarok:

Nerexor:

Snotnarok:

I'm referring to Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X, I just didn't dig the actual show where he's got the pink shirt and what not.

Oh right I forgot about that weirdness with the two shows. I much prefer the original comic as there's none of the filler and you get a lot more background in the notes the author makes.

Hell yes, as soon as this is out I'm watching it. Fantastic to finally see a subbed trailer. Absolutely love Rurouni Kenshin, glad they seem to be following the story. :)

probably turn into watered down pretty boy overload.

Yes please!

This should be a pretty awesome movie and I'm gonna watch and enjoy the hell out of it! :D

Holy crow. It actually looks decent!

I wish i could thank whoever decided to not go with slasher as his title that annoyed the crap out of me but this looks really good

F'Angus:
Hell yes, as soon as this is out I'm watching it. Fantastic to finally see a subbed trailer. Absolutely love Rurouni Kenshin, glad they seem to be following the story. :)

I just wanted to say... your have a kickass avatar! That game was awesome

OT, Looking forward to it, but I would loved to see the alternate version more. But it looks promising.

Somehow I had hoped this would be a new animated movie... *sigh*

Doesn't look too bad, but I doubt I'll be picking it up anytime soon.

i'm not too big on live-action movies like this so i'll pass

Casual Shinji:

i was hoping it was too one that wasn't as bad as the movie that followed the animated series. there are a few times i don't mind that kind of ending but this one I'll always be against

Tony2077:

Casual Shinji:

i was hoping it was too one that wasn't as bad as the movie that followed the animated series. there are a few times i don't mind that kind of ending but this one I'll always be against

I quite liked the origins movie, myself. It's played totally straight without any of the yucks of the show, and is a nice little romantic drama.

Can't remember the title though.

Casual Shinji:

Tony2077:

Casual Shinji:

I quite liked the origins movie, myself. It's played totally straight without any of the yucks of the show, and is a nice little romantic drama.

i looked it up its trust and betrayal

My favourite franchise of all time.... If they F this up I'm going to be depressed for a LONG time :(

Tony2077:

Casual Shinji:

Tony2077:
i'm not too big on live-action movies like this so i'll pass i was hoping it was too one that wasn't as bad as the movie that followed the animated series. there are a few times i don't mind that kind of ending but this one I'll always be against

i looked it up its trust and betrayal

I think that was the one. It was where you see Kenshin become a rather emotionless samurai, but then he finds love with the widow of a man that he's killed. And that shit always leads to more drama.

At least it might be better than 'The Warrior's Way'

Yeah, I don't know about the rest of you, but I just recovered from the biggest nerdgasm I've had in a long time. The Kenshin series has always been my favorite anime/manga and at least from what I saw it looks like they intend to do the series justice with this movie.

I hope it does well, as someone else mentioned there's no one from the Kyoto story, so maybe if this movie does well enough they'll make another one for that arc.

Kenshin vs Aioshi in Shishio's hideout is one of my favorite fights in all of anime...mostly it's because it's the first time Kenshin gets to use the Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki.

A close second is Kenshin vs Soujiro...I love how Kenshin's tactic of always trying to pacify his opponent with words rather than conflict ends up utterly destroying Soujiro's mind as the kid realizes that he has been living a lie since the night he was forced to kill his foster family. Heh, I love it, Soujiro starts screaming and flipping out and everyone else in the room is just staring at him like "What.....the fuck....?"

Fuck yeah Sanoske!

I was kinda hoping for animated movie.... I've never been a fan of live action movies based on anime's or the like. See dragonball evolution and street fighter etc. I guess it could be good but I'll reserve that for when my girlfriend makes me watch it

*cringed at the disposable rock music playing in the trailer*
Cinematography looks like it's trying to pander to cosplay enthusiasts. Sometimes a camera angle that would work in anime will not work in real-life cinema. Apparently this director still doesn't understand that yet... and I say "yet" with the faint hope that he'll eventually get it at all.

Captcha: how interesting
You know, "omoshiroi" can denote "interesting," or "amusing", and typically I've seen it used in a condescending light.

For example, from Breath of Fire 2, Barbaroi (or Barubary for the initial localization) says "omoshiroi" after you fight him again, to express his intrigued reaction to Ryu's newfound strength. Capcom's 1995 original English release of Breath of Fire 2 on the SNES (and later, its GBA port with its script intact) translated the line as

Interesting!

However, the 2009 retranslation by Ryusui translated the archdemon's reaction as

How amusing!

I personally believe Ryusui's translation encompasses the character's nature more closely.

So how does this captcha has to do with Rurouni Kenshin Live-action? This comparison is more interesting than what the movie will probably be. おもしろいですね?

newwiseman:

His job during the revolution was assassination. The leaders of that particular faction decided that his sword style was better used to kill off rival leaders. One day, he gave up the wetwork and aided in the frontlines.

He became a wandering swordsman afterwards.

So, yeah Assassin is correct.

aww ... i wanted to laugh at it, that looks pretty decent, so, can't laugh at it

Way too much ground covered in that trailer for a single movie, but the production values are too good for a television series. I have no idea what they're planning here unless they are actually going to a series of movies based on the various story arcs.

"I never asked for this", would be appropriate.

This did not need telling, we've already had the excellent manga, we've already had the anime which was very good for the first fifty odd episodes. Why do we need a film that is going to try and squeeze at least three story arcs into a single film? That's going to feel awfully rushed if that's the case.

Furthermore, why live action? Kenshin doesn't work in live action. He needs a woman's voice, especially since in-story he gets mistaken for one a few times. "Oro" just doesn't have the same kick to it when a dude does it.

I'll try my darnedest best not to judge it before I see it, but I can't see much good coming out of this.

Pedro The Hutt:
"I never asked for this", would be appropriate.

This did not need telling, we've already had the excellent manga, we've already had the anime which was very good for the first fifty odd episodes. Why do we need a film that is going to try and squeeze at least three story arcs into a single film? That's going to feel awfully rushed if that's the case.

Furthermore, why live action? Kenshin doesn't work in live action. He needs a woman's voice, especially since in-story he gets mistaken for one a few times. "Oro" just doesn't have the same kick to it when a dude does it.

I'll try my darnedest best not to judge it before I see it, but I can't see much good coming out of this.

I know what you mean. I'm fairly certain that that the only thing that falls under "asked for, but unfulfilled" at this time is an animated Jinchu Arc, but no one seems to be interested in making that.

You know, until the generic rock kicked in, that actually didn't look too bad.

Looks pretty damned good actually.

I haven't seen much of the TV series, but the OVA movies made me cry... I might look into this.

Wow, I'm psyched. I really want to see this! =O

Oro?

Call me 'cautiously optimistic'.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook