Movie Trailers: Rurouni Kenshin - Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2

I'm always very careful around live action adaptations of anime (Dragon Ball, anyone?), but this actually looks quite good. I reserve the right to be cautiously optimistic.

Dango:
You know, until the generic rock kicked in, that actually didn't look too bad.

...I like One Ok Rock :(

I hope this will be good as I will be watching it but I'll try to keep the optimism down to cautious. Though considering some of the crap I've seen I'm expecting it to do better than a lot of things (live action dbz anyone?) and so far the action scenes seem excellent.

simmeh:
Call me 'cautiously optimistic'.

What he said.

Mordekaien:

F'Angus:
Hell yes, as soon as this is out I'm watching it. Fantastic to finally see a subbed trailer. Absolutely love Rurouni Kenshin, glad they seem to be following the story. :)

I just wanted to say... your have a kickass avatar! That game was awesome

Haha Cheers, I love the Game, kills me that my copy doesn't work properly any more. Wish they'd re-release it.

I don't know the manga at all but it looks interesting. I'm very willing to watch it.

Looks like they're trying to cram in a lot of the manga's storyline into one movie. I picked out Jin-E, what seemed to be the end of the Oniwabanshu storyline (didn't see Aoshi though) and an appearance of Saitou. That's about 7 volumes worth of manga.

F'Angus:
Haha Cheers, I love the Game, kills me that my copy doesn't work properly any more. Wish they'd re-release it.

Ask and you shall receive. Silver is on Good Old Games for $5.99. As usual for GoG, the game has no DRM and runs on modern pcs.

chimpzy:
Looks like they're trying to cram in a lot of the manga's storyline into one movie. I picked out Jin-E, what seemed to be the end of the Oniwabanshu storyline (didn't see Aoshi though) and an appearance of Saitou. That's about 7 volumes worth of manga.

F'Angus:

Ask and you shall receive. Silver is on Good Old Games for $5.99. As usual for GoG, the game has no DRM and runs on modern pcs.

You Sir, are a complete legend!

Hope For the Best, Expect the Worst.

I liked the Manga and the Trust and Betrayal OVA, so hopefully this movie will have the same quality.

I for one am really excited about this movie. i was always irritated by the original japanase girlish voice they gave Kenshin in the show. that's why i watched the entire show dubbed, and i never regretted that decision. i mean, he's suppose to be 28 years old when he meets Kaoru, right? anyways. can't wait for this one

daxterx2005:
Fuck yeah Sanoske!

*glee* Zanza! O man I loved that guy; a character surrounded by swords who opted to fight weaponless (when he decided to ditch the wonderfully ludicrous zanbato.)

I think my balls exploded from pure awesome.

A live action movie based off of an anime that looks DECENT, let alone amazing? This is my movie to watch.

newwiseman:
Well that looks horrible, and why do they keep calling him an assassin (the story is he was a ronin (masterless samurai) fighting in the Meiji Revolution).

The story is he was a samurai who did assassinations. He became a ronin after the war; during the war he served the faction that then became the state/government, which is why all those police officials in high places know him and look out for him when he turns wanderer after the war he helped them win is over.

Way to insult something when you don't know what you're talking about! :D

Anyway, as someone in the Facebook comments pointed out, there's waaaay too much crammed into this movie unless it's like five hours long. It looks like they're including just about all the major plot points from the start of the series until just before the Kyoto arc. That's just...too much for one movie. :|

Looks kickass.

But heres what was going through my mind watching this: "Oh no! Ryotaro is stuck in the past! Damn you DenLiner!" ...........Kamen Rider...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here