Miracle of Sound: Rise (The Dark Knight Rises)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Elmoth:

MiracleOfSound:

Wild_Marker:

Also in one of the choirs, it sounded just a bit like Mind of the Bat. If that was intentional then thumbs up for minor references!

Well spotted :)

Mistilteinn:
That was one hell of a song! And the video was spot on with it as well. Seriously, I think this was the most well-made video out of all the others--it just worked beautifully with your song, meshing perfectly with the tone of the song at each moment.

It's a bit of a silly question, but was that your voice for the verse "I will start a fire..."? It sounded exactly like Bane's, so I'm just wondering if you synthed your voice to have that effect, used a different kind of mic, or used a clip of Bane's voice?

Yeah that's me doing my posh English voice lol! And I feel the same about the video, I was tweeting it out last night saying what a spectacular job Justin did :)

It's funny because Tom Hardy apparantly based his voice on an irish... boxer I think?

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na BATM- wait, this isn't the Batman song. |:[

Still sounded good and epic, even though I'm not a fan of the films.

I was going to make up for my lack of Batman love with a picture of my older brother in his Joker (a la The Dark Knight) wear, but it seems neither I nor he has a picture of it. Wait, maybe his wife does...

... Nope, she doesn't seem to have any either. *grumbles about loosing all the pictures I had before the move*

And now I can't stop humming the tune. Amazing work as always. Love the lyrics.

I have to admit. The first time I listened to it I wasn't a fan. It sounded too clunky and the lyrics didn't click for me.

However after a couple more listens it's starting to grow on me.

Oh wow, that was epic. Ueber props to Justin, I feel like I've just scene the whole underlying message of the Dark Knight Saga in one four minute video

Mistilteinn:
That was one hell of a song! And the video was spot on with it as well. Seriously, I think this was the most well-made video out of all the others--it just worked beautifully with your song, meshing perfectly with the tone of the song at each moment.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how this one came together too.

Though I mentioned it over twitter that it may have ruined Nolan for me forever. 10 seconds into the video you can see Ra's standing in the same stance as Bane, with hands grapsing his vest/jacket. I'm convinced that Joker must have done it now as well as some kind of 'Nolan Villain Pose'.

BrotherRool:
Oh wow, that was epic. Ueber props to Justin, I feel like I've just scene the whole underlying message of the Dark Knight Saga in one four minute video

Thank you, and yes, that was the setup I was going for with the visuals, trying to tell the story of the whole series in a somewhat condensed form.

It started rather generic but once you started singing it became totally awesome. Keep up the good work, Gav.

Slycne:

Though I mentioned it over twitter that it may have ruined Nolan for me forever. 10 seconds into the video you can see Ra's standing in the same stance as Bane, with hands grapsing his vest/jacket. I'm convinced that Joker must have done it now as well as some kind of 'Nolan Villain Pose'.

I don't want to spoil too much but suffice to say I think it's a very deliberate red herring ;)

MiracleOfSound:

Slycne:

I don't want to spoil too much but suffice to say I think it's a very deliberate red herring ;)

Yeah, if it's a visual nod to that then it's brilliant and shows why Christopher Nolan is Christopher Nolan. That or it's just his default direction for when he feels the actor needs to do something with their hands.

Yay! Another movie song! DNA kicked ass, so I've been waiting for this, and it also seems like a good way for Gavin to kill time waiting the fall releases. Still hoping we get a Vaas song after Far Cry 3 comes out...

Slycne:

Yeah, if it's a visual nod to that then it's brilliant and shows why Christopher Nolan is Christopher Nolan. That or it's just his default direction for when he feels the actor needs to do something with their hands.

I felt a lot of the 'flaws' or 'plot holes' in the movie were just Nolan working in metaphors. For example, the day suddenly turning to night just before Batman comes back to Gotham, the 'clunky' fight scenes, the supposed plot hole of a certain person having no apparent way to reach a certain place in a certain time period... etc

This is great, very catchy. I love the little throwback to "Mind of The Bat" around the 2:34 mark.

Thank you for this song Gav, and others like it (i'm thinking Take It Back and Age Of The Dragon, etc). These are the kind of songs that gets me into the writing mood. The kind of song that gets me to stay up way past reasonable hours and fervently type away for characters that will always rise. Those that fight to stay themselves.

Thank you. Bro snuggles.

I have to admit, I was skeptical when I first saw DNA pop up, but it turns out you've got as good a feel for movies as you do for games. This is an amazing song. (I'll probably enjoy it more when I actually see the movie tomorrow, heh.)

Even though I'm not objecting to your work during gaming dead season, I'm curious: have you played either of the Crysis games? Do you think you could write a song from them, or is there not enough to work with there?

Something I like about this song that I've seen in later Gavin songs was that this song has captured the essence of Batman but doesn't scream "I am a song about Batman!" In theory the song could be repurposed to mean something else in a different context. I like that.

Hey Gavin, do you like anime/manga? I think a song based on say Death Note could work very well.

Awesome. Everything about that was spot on, from the song to the video clips, and I particularly liked the lyrics, as they were written with the same high standard as the dialogue from the films in my opinion.

I vote this as the song to welcome Katie Taylor (Irish gold medalist) back to Bray

Didn't really enjoy this one to be honest, maybe it was because it just felt a bit empty. I liked the running violin part and the lyrics were good too (if a bit cheesy), but it fell a bit short for me.

Climb from the prison
That you've built in your soul
When the night has arisen
Then your legend will be whole

Really liked this bit though, it just rolls off the tongue, and sounds wonderful.

MiracleOfSound:
Rise (The Dark Knight Rises)

Rise from the shadows, make a fist of the pain.

Watch Video

You know... I was rather hoping you'd make a song about these movies when you said you were gonna make song's for movies as well.

Holy shit did you knock this song and movie out of the park. I'm just so gop-smacked by this song I just don't know how to put it into words dude.

Amazing work Gav, I would consider this one of your "masterpiece" song's you've made over the past year or so. Also, kudo's to Slycne for putting this video together, it's perfect.

If there's any justice in this world this video would be on the DVD release for the movie. :D

Love what you did with the song, it feels as if the whole city is chanting to batman during the chorus

The song was brilliant and worked very well with the film. Really liked it; Kudos!

Awesome, instant addition to my favourite songs list. This is why I love Miracle of Sound.

I thought that was absolutely amazing! one problem, when the beginning is showing all the enemys...WHY NO SCARECROW?! D:

When you did Sovngarde Song, I thought "No, there's no way he'll ever top this one". You proved me wrong in astonishing fashion by making a freaking masterpiece based on one of my current favourite films. I can't wait for it to be on Bandcamp, I look forward to paying much more than the asking price :D

This music video was better than the actual movie.

MiracleOfSound:
Yeah that's me doing my posh English voice lol!

So you got the posh English voice here, the cynical English voice for referencing Yahtzee in shooter guy, the folksy Irish voice for anything Skyrim... Planning on doing some voice acting work? On some future Mass Effect DLC or something?

Anyway, awesome song once more, this'll likely end up on my Best Of MoS playlist. I like the songs that are just... Grand. The ones that fill the room even without being played at full volume.

Well now that has been my afternoon gone, listening to it & not getting sick of it, that seems a very good sign to me.

I love it some of your finest work, probably my top 5, i also have to agree the video was superb aswell!!

Put it simply Awesome!

This song is awesome. I wish I could say something more, but that's all I got, it just is.

The chorus in my opinion is perhaps the best part though, I love that beat.

I think I've listened to this about fifty times in the past day, and I've gotten my sister addicted to it too. Fantastic work, Gavin! Thanks for making this song!

MiracleOfSound:
Rise (The Dark Knight Rises)

Rise from the shadows, make a fist of the pain.

Watch Video

Im quoting you so you can see me tell you how much I love this song, so here goes.

I goddamn love this song, I'd honestly say its up there with your best, such as New Black Gold, Redemption Blues and Wasteland Soul, if I had a portable music player I would buy this song in a heartbeat. But I dont so :(

But really good job anyway, it really captured the feel of Rises, so much so that I could see it being used as promotional material

The_Blue_Rider:

Im quoting you so you can see me tell you how much I love this song, so here goes.

I goddamn love this song, I'd honestly say its up there with your best, such as New Black Gold, Redemption Blues and Wasteland Soul, if I had a portable music player I would buy this song in a heartbeat. But I dont so :(

But really good job anyway, it really captured the feel of Rises, so much so that I could see it being used as promotional material

Well thank you for letting me know, it's always great to hear positive responses like that :) After some mixed responses on the last few songs it's great to have another that most people enjoy a lot

TheCaptain:

Anyway, awesome song once more, this'll likely end up on my Best Of MoS playlist. I like the songs that are just... Grand. The ones that fill the room even without being played at full volume.

That's a tricky thing to get right, mixing the song so it sounds full and takes up the whole audio space without it becoming mud - glad you appreciate it :)

After finding your Commander Shepard song randomly on the you've fast become one of my favorite, maybe even my favorite, musician of all time. I'm always amazed at the sheer variety of your music. Listening to Kalros, Little sister, and Sovngarde song, then remembering that one guy did all three boggles my mind. Even the lyrics fit perfectly with your songs. You usually find bands/musicians with great lyrics and okay music or great music and okay lyrics but both of yours always fit so well together. You could write a song about katamari and make it seem like the damn odyssey. I think I actually like this song better than the movie.

I should probably stop before I sound like one of the those crazy fans that foam at the mouth :)

I look forward to seeing you live at the escapist expo.

Epic song, as always, I'm sure to wandering around the house humming it to myself.

Who does the art for your stuff? Cause it's pretty damn good, and I don't believe you have that much art skill in addition to the music skill, the awesomeness would just melt any person you crammed it into.
Mind you, I'm surprised you're not a pool of gloopy awesome at the moment anyway.

T0ad 0f Truth:
After finding your Commander Shepard song randomly on the you've fast become one of my favorite, maybe even my favorite, musician of all time. I'm always amazed at the sheer variety of your music. Listening to Kalros, Little sister, and Sovngarde song, then remembering that one guy did all three boggles my mind. Even the lyrics fit perfectly with your songs. You usually find bands/musicians with great lyrics and okay music or great music and okay lyrics but both of yours always fit so well together. You could write a song about katamari and make it seem like the damn odyssey. I think I actually like this song better than the movie.

I should probably stop before I sound like one of the those crazy fans that foam at the mouth :)

I look forward to seeing you live at the escapist expo.

Thanks for the kind words :) Escapist Expo will be awesome!

maxmanrules:
Epic song, as always, I'm sure to wandering around the house humming it to myself.

Who does the art for your stuff? Cause it's pretty damn good, and I don't believe you have that much art skill in addition to the music skill, the awesomeness would just melt any person you crammed it into.
Mind you, I'm surprised you're not a pool of gloopy awesome at the moment anyway.

The art is done by this talented fellow http://hieronymus7z.blogspot.ie/

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or