GinxTV: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Preview

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Preview

Take a good look into this year's most anticipated shooter.

Watch Video

I am a little disappointed that there was no mention of the continual issues that have plagued the CoD franchise and how these issues could impact the overall performance of the game.

You also touched on this briefly but, the "choice" option they are putting in the game - I have not heard to much about this and while the rappel down/snipe option is a nice smaller option, is there any thought/word on possible bigger changes? If my choices only revolve around minor changes (like the snipe/rappel) it may frankly just be a cosmetic trick or illusion of choice.

I do hope this game succeeds though, and not just in a monetary value way, I hope it really brings the quality level of the genre up, but more specifically the quality of both the CoD franchise as a whole and the BlackOps franchise.

Lastly, need more news on if Dedicated servers are for PC only or for Elite members :D

Uriain:
I am a little disappointed that there was no mention of the continual issues that have plagued the CoD franchise and how these issues could impact the overall performance of the game.

You also touched on this briefly but, the "choice" option they are putting in the game - I have not heard to much about this and while the rappel down/snipe option is a nice smaller option, is there any thought/word on possible bigger changes? If my choices only revolve around minor changes (like the snipe/rappel) it may frankly just be a cosmetic trick or illusion of choice.

I do hope this game succeeds though, and not just in a monetary value way, I hope it really brings the quality level of the genre up, but more specifically the quality of both the CoD franchise as a whole and the BlackOps franchise.

Lastly, need more news on if Dedicated servers are for PC only or for Elite members :D

For a moment I was going to have a go at you for the 'brings the quality level of the genre up' bit but then I realised the CoD really does set the bar for FPS games. Which is sad, because they've been getting worse and worse as of late.

I am excited that this one might actually have a decent campaign though. I think the choices are going to have a fairly big impact on the story, at least, from what I've heard. I don't think the snipe/rappel one will, I think that's just a small thing so you can deal with the situation as you want. The strike force missions are the ones that shape the story, because you can fail the objectives in those.

Techno Squidgy:

For a moment I was going to have a go at you for the 'brings the quality level of the genre up' bit but then I realised the CoD really does set the bar for FPS games. Which is sad, because they've been getting worse and worse as of late.

I am excited that this one might actually have a decent campaign though. I think the choices are going to have a fairly big impact on the story, at least, from what I've heard. I don't think the snipe/rappel one will, I think that's just a small thing so you can deal with the situation as you want. The strike force missions are the ones that shape the story, because you can fail the objectives in those.

I have to slightly disagree with you on y our initial comment. I think CoD is like the "World of Warcraft" of the FPS genre. Its easily accessible, everyone knows it, it seems to be everywhere, and just like WoW, there are people on both sides of the fence arguing/discussing about it.

So while CoD does set the bar for standards, ie - should have these game mode types, should support x # of players etc - I dont think it sets the quality bar. There are many games which have a superior quality to them, a personal example for me is Battlefield 3.

Regardless though, I am also excited that there might actually be a good campaign, and I hope you are right in having bigger choices to impact your game play/story.

That being said, still going to be holding off for a while before possibly picking this game up, simply due to all the other stuff I have coming in :p

Uriain:

Techno Squidgy:
snip

I have to slightly disagree with you on y our initial comment. I think CoD is like the "World of Warcraft" of the FPS genre. Its easily accessible, everyone knows it, it seems to be everywhere, and just like WoW, there are people on both sides of the fence arguing/discussing about it.

So while CoD does set the bar for standards, ie - should have these game mode types, should support x # of players etc - I dont think it sets the quality bar. There are many games which have a superior quality to them, a personal example for me is Battlefield 3.

Regardless though, I am also excited that there might actually be a good campaign, and I hope you are right in having bigger choices to impact your game play/story.

That being said, still going to be holding off for a while before possibly picking this game up, simply due to all the other stuff I have coming in :p

Oh yeah, there are definitely superior titles, but those seem to be the exception rather than the rule. People hold CoD in such high esteem but it's really not that great. I love the series but it needs MAJOR improvements. Hopefully this will be the one that brings them. As an aside, I think the Modern Warfare line needs to go. Before they abuse my favourite characters any more. CoD 4 WAS FINE, WHY'D THEY HAVE TO GO ALL MATRIX RELOADED/REVOLUTIONS ON US?

Should I feel bad that I want this game to work like they say it does?

CoD is the iPhone of the gaming world - awesome in the beginning but then progressively more crappy with each installment

Looks like a good rental for me. I just can't get into the multiplayer anymore but I enjoy each campaign for a weekend or so. I'll be playing Halo 4 for the rest of the year anyways. so I wont have much time for this game

Ginx TV has the problem that it always sounds and plays like a press release.

Or bad Channel 4 TV. This is probably because it desperately yearns to be Channel 4 TV.

I can't wait to play Call of Black Modern Ops Warfare Duty 4! That's what they were talking about right? I can't tell the difference.

Starnge... this is the only COD game that I have ever felt any excitement for...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here