Escapist News Wrap: Avengers Sequel and No Silent Hill Patch

Avengers Sequel and No Silent Hill Patch

This week, we hear that Joss Whedon will be returning to write and direct a sequel to the Avengers, Square-Enix accidentally releases Final Fantasy VII on the PC and NASA green-lights a bunch of awesome space exploration projects. Steve also gives his opinion on Konami refusing to patch the 360 version of Silent Hill HD Collection.

Watch Video

So this live action avengers...probably won't have Robert Downy Jr?

Wow anyone know what movie that was in the background during the part on NASA? And is it any good? Because it sure looks like it is :D

Ok, now try some different glasses. :P

bliebblob:
Wow anyone know what movie that was in the background during the part on NASA? And is it any good? Because it sure looks like it is :D

Wow that brought back some memories. It's a live action version of Star Blazers, a show I watched as a kid. Apparently it's called Space Battleship Yamato (the original Japanese title of Star Blazers) and came out in 2010. Here's the Youtube trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZY310o_AvA

Somebloke:

Ok, now try some different glasses. :P

That's who he was making me think of! Cool.

Anyway, good job on the News Wrap video. It's very well done. I hope to see another next week.

sooooo.... yes i know it sucks the way konami is F/&"##"$ing their customers but, is silent hill hd conection now playable in ps3? is it ok to buy now?

On the whole Silent Hill thing, I would really love to know what Konami is doing since I either think they're doing this out of sheer arrogance of that they think we will buy it because of name recognition, or they have lost it.

Whatever it is, it really needs to stop because this is just a slap in the face to people that want to play it, and to new comers that want to try it out.

I was all about the re-releases for a bit. I got the God of War re-releases, and they were awesome. I got the Ico/SoTC re-releases, and they were great...

Then I got the Prince of Persia re-releases...

Yeah...

So when I heard that my favorite game of all time, Silent Hill 2, was being re-released, I waited, and I heard it sucked.

I won't buy it until they fix it. I won't ruin my memories of that game.

You cans can make this show better! Must try harder!

I am cautiously optimistic about the whole concept of an Avengers based show. It could really open some doors for other similar programming if it does well.

I hope they can find a cast that works (the movie cast will not only be far too expensive, pretty much every film actor views doing TV as a career's death knell) though Whedon has always done well in that regard.

I like how you showed Crysis 2 when you were talking bout "unfinished games as finished products". That bullshit has to stop. Using Crysis 2 as a specific example, Crytek promised constantly that the game would be using and shipped with Direct x 11 features. It did not. Instead we had to get it patched somewhere along the lines of half a year later. Aside from the fact it's basically false advertising, it's indicative of the lack of focus and laziness that a lot of companies are having these days.

People can make huge amounts of gold buying and selling on wow
Somebody was going to do it with diablo 3

This is a good idea for a show, but could you try looking a little less...murdery...whenever you stop talking?

The lack of a patch is so odd for Silent Hill. Good job Mr. Butts, I liked you as host.

Waaghpowa:
I like how you showed Crysis 2 when you were talking bout "unfinished games as finished products". That bullshit has to stop. Using Crysis 2 as a specific example, Crytek promised constantly that the game would be using and shipped with Direct x 11 features. It did not. Instead we had to get it patched somewhere along the lines of half a year later. Aside from the fact it's basically false advertising, it's indicative of the lack of focus and laziness that a lot of companies are having these days.

Feel lucky you even got a DX11 patch! I am PC gamer but I am not so deluded as to think we are their primary market anymore.

Edit: not even going to bother arguing.

I keep getting 404d on this video. Anyone else?

//Edit: fixed.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here