LoadingReadyRun: Scout's Dishonor

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Scout's Dishonor

When you go into the woods don't forget your phone.

Watch Video

I want a LLR merit badge... also a Toast merit badge and a Creepy Doll merit badge. How do I earn them?

Also Matt is adorable pretending to be 11.

Now I'm curious -- what the hell was this "Lunch Tray Incident"?

Oh, so now the scouts allow sheathe knives... and clear sociopathic personalities.

If Graham and Paul manned the camera, who made the panned shot at 00:43-00:56 when they appear together? Or did you use a head double for Paul?

I dispute this episode; these aren't boy scouts at all! They quite clearly ARE NOT 11, and they don't hate gay people enough. My immersion is dribbling out of my ears.

Hopefully people realise this is a joke

Awesome sketch. Also, I spy a desert Bus badge on Willson!

Best yet

doggy go 7:
I dispute this episode; these aren't boy scouts at all! They quite clearly ARE NOT 11, and they don't hate gay people enough. My immersion is dribbling out of my ears.

Hopefully people realise this is a joke

Oh, I belive they have worse problems than that. Example: "It's either this or juvie." (inspects combat knife)

Matt should play himself more often!

Also you SHOULD always have a charged cellphone, but you can't always rely on our service provider out in the wilds.

Edit: And was I the only one disappointed that none of them had a baseball bat? Or that Graham never said "Um... I don't even know where to start with you."?

I kept waiting for Graham to yell something along the lines of "cell phones don't work in areas without reception" or maybe "They don't build cell phone towers in the middle of the woods".

Working in a couple middle schools I know a number of kids who are just like that group... I wish summer was longer.

Potatoes? Lunch tray incident? I'm intrigued...

Also, I'm assuming the scout badges were made by Tally, as you thanked her and theres a DESERT BUS! badge.

Wait, can you shiv someone with a potato?

Was I the only who, apart from how 'respectful' he was acting, got Calvin & Hobbes flashbacks from Matt's character?

newwiseman:
I kept waiting for Graham to yell something along the lines of "cell phones don't work in areas without reception" or maybe "They don't build cell phone towers in the middle of the woods".

Working in a couple middle schools I know a number of kids who are just like that group... I wish summer was longer.

They never said they were going to call someone with it. Maps can be downloaded to smart phones if you're prepared in advance and GPS navigation will work without cell signal.

I love this one, the guys are so much better when they are not acting like themselves. Mat's character was perfect.

Mydnyght:
Now I'm curious -- what the hell was this "Lunch Tray Incident"?

We... don't speak of it.

Lear'sFool:
Also, I'm assuming the scout badges were made by Tally, as you thanked her and theres a DESERT BUS! badge.

Either that or she served as Paul's head double.

Matt stole the show.

I am the sort of person who would have string and a Swiss army knife but not a working phone. Also, most phone companies don't cover forests, including Verizon.

I want to know how they made the guy's look shorter than Graham when it doesn't look like they're walking on their knees.

aeric90:
I want a LLR merit badge... also a Toast merit badge and a Creepy Doll merit badge. How do I earn them?

Also Matt is adorable pretending to be 11.

Yes, we NEED those merit badges. In fact, we need them as Escapist badges, too.

TIMESWORDSMAN:
Also, most phone companies don't cover forests, including Verizon.

You don't need to have reception for either the compass or GPS to work.

If you pulled out the Dangerous Book for Boys and told them that they were going to learn how to skin a rabbit, they'd probably become interested. Or just say that cell phones won't work after the zombie apocalypse.

TIMESWORDSMAN:
I want to know how they made the guy's look shorter than Graham when it doesn't look like they're walking on their knees.

Perspective trickery.

They're taking the hobbits to Summer Camp!

And this is why I'm planning on getting a Solar Charger from ThinkGeek before going camping. Don't need to worry about a dead cell phone for GPS when you have the Sun at your disposal.

DVS BSTrD:
Matt should play himself more often!

BrownGaijin:
Matt stole the show.

Yeah, for some reason I don't find it surprising at all that he's best at playing a 11-yr-old.

Don Reba:

TIMESWORDSMAN:
Also, most phone companies don't cover forests, including Verizon.

You don't need to have reception for either the compass or GPS to work.

Ah... but you do need a battery. Not many ways to charge a cell phone when you're lost in the woods... unless you bring a wind-up or solar charger with you.

American scouts are a joke, man.

Matt did that well... a little TOO well...

My father hates LRR, whenever I listen to podcasts he gets pissy. When I watch Desert Bus he yells at me to turn it off.

I put on this video and he laughed. I think that means you guys win.

TIMESWORDSMAN:

Camera/perspective trickery. The same thing they used to make the hobbits (whose actors were 5'6) and Gimli (whose actor is 6'1) seem smaller in LOTR.

I'm skeptical how many of Matt's stories are actually fictions developed for this skit. I certainly wouldn't trust him with a knife, knoife, or other bladed object.

A. Nice job making all the "scouts" look shorter than you Graham. B. Did you pitch up voices electronically or did everyone just do that on their own? C. Matt, you make me laugh.

Great Episode! I think I was able to see a LoadingReadyRun badge, a Desert Bus badge and a Creepy Doll badge. I could imagine how one can get the LRR and Desert Bus badge but what do you have to do to get the Creepy Doll one?

That was funny. One of the best vids I've seen in weeks.

I lost it when James pulled out the huge knife. Also, I loved Matt's psychotic yet innocent character.

Great writing, Kathleen!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or