The Very Best

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Nice strip. Honestly, though, I can imagine the roles being reversed pretty easily. Gary was a douche.

Captcha: Vicious cycle - Damn right captcha.

You...know I never understood the appeal of Pokeman.

Its like some combination of dog fighting, poaching, animal abuse, and saying its okay to do them.
You kidnap a wild animal, train it to become a violent fighter, and throw it into ring after ring just for YOURSELF.

Why is PETA not angry about that?
I mean hell you stuff them into cramped containers to move them, so all most of them seem to know is fighting.

I mean how would we treat a kid who kidnapped a wolf puppy, kept it in a cramped cage, took it to a dog fighting fighting ring, then walked around BY HIMSELF.

Eh its just a game I get it but the basic premise is almost as flawed as ME3

tmande2nd:

Its like some combination of dog fighting, poaching, animal abuse, and saying its okay to do them.
You kidnap a wild animal, train it to become a violent fighter, and throw it into ring after ring just for YOURSELF.

Why is PETA not angry about that?
I mean hell you stuff them into cramped containers to move them, so all most of them seem to know is fighting.

I mean how would we treat a kid who kidnapped a wolf puppy, kept it in a cramped cage, took it to a dog fighting fighting ring, then walked around BY HIMSELF.

Eh its just a game I get it but the basic premise is almost as flawed as ME3

Wait, you think the premise of "we have to save the galaxy from the galaxy destroyers" is a flawed premise? Replace "galaxy" with "planet" or "country" or whatever and you have a majority of every piece of entertainment that exists.

He's not able to move past his grudge hu? I think the person that named his Rival Scrotum also has a few issues lingering on their minds.

Wow, Gary married Katara. Nice catch.

Stuck with the Red
Nothin he said,
Makes me think that I'm in over my head

I've got get away from him
And it couldn't be too soon!

Grahav:

If you read the fine print under the comic you'd have realized his name is Scrotum, not Gary.

Poaching AND cockfighting. Just keep that in mind.

At least Scrotum wasn't his surname. That would be an awkward marriage.

Lost it at "Scrotum Oak".

Great comic.

tmande2nd:

Pretty much. Never appealed to me.

Awwwwwww. He got on with his life while Red became a hobo who battled old lady's and their evies for food.

Hey, to be fair, it was Gary "motherfucking" Oak that was challenging Red, not the other way around.

In fact, the world is just full of psychopaths that need to attack anyone they make eye contact with.

And these psychopaths are told to go out as children and capture animals that can shoot fire out of their face, then beat the shit out of other animals for blood sport, capturing not only animals, but gods in the process.

And then if your the biggest psychopath, you get to sit on top of a mountain and wait for another psychopath to come and kick his ass.

It is apparent that Scrotum does not deserve happiness!

Looks like Mako is gonna be pissed. (Anyone else think "Scrotum" Oak's love looks like Korra?)
I wonder* if it was a unintended choice for them to pick fire and water types then for the comic.

Think about it, having kids deal with a bunch of insanely violent and dangerous animals is far better than dealing with the kids or animals yourself. Having both fight each other all the time stops the kids from getting bored and bothering you and keeps the animals busy enough to not destroy the world with their powers.

Irridium:
Think about it, having kids deal with a bunch of insanely violent and dangerous animals is far better than dealing with the kids or animals yourself. Having both fight each other all the time stops the kids from getting bored and keeps the animals busy enough to not destroy the world with their powers.

In that regard it also cuts down on breeding, for pokemon and people. Well until they added it in later generations.

Grahav:

Sorry who is Katara? And also to anyone really, what's the pokemon war theory?

If you wanna apply real world logic to pokemon you're going to have a bad time..........

Seriously people, fantasy world, fantasy rules... in the Pokemon world the only animals are pokemon. In the pokemon cartoon the kids have been shown driking milk and eating meat.

DO THE MATH.

I love Charizard's expression in the 6th and 8th panels.

And yes, I picked Charmander. Slash was clutch against nearly any pokemon!

ProtoChimp:

Grahav:

Sorry who is Katara? And also to anyone really, what's the pokemon war theory?

I can answer the first question: Kitara is from Avatar: the Last Airbender, and the first waterbender introduced to the series.

Also, that's what happens when you pick charmander first. You become a BURNout.

Shoulda picked bulbasaur.

bells:
If you wanna apply real world logic to pokemon you're going to have a bad time..........

Seriously people, fantasy world, fantasy rules... in the Pokemon world the only animals are pokemon. In the pokemon cartoon the kids have been shown driking milk and eating meat.

DO THE MATH.

So when pokemon start losing fights do we put them down and make Pikaglue?

Gary Scrotom was always the one with the grudge. I could ahve went through the game completely happy to never run into that asshole so really hes the disfunctional one. Especially if you see him in the scorched earth hack. Red always seemed to have his wits about him.

and I never read much of the manga, but I know in one of the special adventures of pikachu manga they said that he only had a few weeks off school. I imagine they just do school work as they go.

... actually thinking about it, even in the first season (or at least while ash was in kanto) they had a school that he went and visited specifically for pokemon battles, and in the sinnoh/unova games they had elemetary schools.

Love the comic, and the name choice is second to none!

Granted, it's been a long while since I've played Red or Blue....but as I recall, it was Douche Oak who was always chasing your character around demanding that you battle him. Don't know about the dynamic between Ash and Gary in the show, but in the game I'm pretty sure it was the other way around.

I enjoyed the making out panel- just something about seeing that with Red in the back watching made me laugh. Then I noticed something- this girl Gary was making out with seemed familiar. Looking at her by the the wedding panel, she reminded me of Korra from The Legend of Korra.

Scrotum? Pff..

He deserved everything he got!

Could you really blame Ash? I mean, in the tv series Gary seems to be the only human in existence that owns a car. I'd be insanely jealous!

Captcha: Sudo make sandwich. Why is this not a linux command?!

bells:

DO THE MATH.

Actually, there have been real-life animals mentioned many times in the Pokemon franchise.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Animals_in_the_Pok%C3%A9mon_world

And yeah, Gary/Scrotum Oak was always the one who seemed to be picking the fights, it wasn't until Gold/Silver that he 'mellowed out'.

See, but Blue always followed you around. He was the douche. Picking the weakness of you starter? What an asshole

Reyalsfeihc:
Could you really blame Ash?

Reyalsfeihc:
Ash?

Reyalsfeihc:
Ash?

*picks up megaphone*
Okay, everyone on this site? I just want to clear things up. This is not, and I repeat, NOT Ash. This is RED, the only person who could run Gary Motherfucking Oak into the ground. Observe:
Are we all clear on this?
...good. Return to your duties.
*puts down megaphone*

You got the characters backwards, your rival was the douche that would always show up out of nowhere to try and kick you ass without warning. If I never saw that asshole again it'd be too soon.

Something else that wasn't mentioned, there is good money in Pokemon battles.

Just wander around fighting trainers and gym leaders, and you'll soon be a multimillionaire.

Grenge Di Origin:

*picks up megaphone*
Okay, everyone on this site? I just want to clear things up. This is not, and I repeat, NOT Ash. This is RED, the only person who could run Gary Motherfucking Oak into the ground. Observe:
Are we all clear on this?
...good. Return to your duties.
*puts down megaphone*

You forgot to add; Lurks in a remote cave like a hermit for 5 years waiting for some gold/silver/crystal dude/chick to come and kick the ever-loving crap out of him. Red has some serious social issues and needs to broaden his horizons.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here