Movie Trailers: The Tall Man - Trailer

The Tall Man - Trailer

I'm pretty sure that this was made by a short person.

Watch Video

Hmm, I was sure this was going to be "Phantasm V"

That tall guy must really love children to go though all that trouble to kidnap one. I'll pass on this one.

'I'm pretty sure that this was made by a short person.' yup.

When's Slenderman going to get his Hollywood debut?!

TheDrunkNinja:
When's Slenderman going to get his Hollywood debut?!

When somebody digs up and releases the originality buried behind the hollywood sign.

gentlemanghost:
Hmm, I was sure this was going to be "Phantasm V"

Me too... That movie needs to be made!

So this isn't actually about Slenderman and is just about some kinda tall serial killer with a van?

That's so... disappointing.

Mcoffey:
So this isn't actually about Slenderman and is just about some kinda tall serial killer with a van?

Very disappointing. They must have wanted a Slenderman film too, but had to water it down to avoid being compared to him. Too little too late though, eh?

SnakeoilSage:

Mcoffey:

Very disappointing. They must have wanted a Slenderman film too, but had to water it down to avoid being compared to him. Too little too late though, eh?

What's weird about it is they didn't have to. I'm pretty sure no one owns the rights to Slenderman. He was just something the internet made up one day. They could have easily made one.

Mcoffey:

What's more disappointing is the twist of this movie, in which:

Anyways, even if I didn't know what happened in the film I still probably wouldn't see it. It reminds me too much of "I Know Who Killed Me" and "Gone", both of which were terrible. Also, in regards to a Slenderman movie, it would only really work if, much like Slenderman stuff in general, it is vague and ambiguous enough that it could still work with all other Slenderman stuff.

Was expecting Cabadath. I am very disappointed.

Hey cool, Cigarette Smoking Man is in this.

HerbertTheHamster:
Was expecting Cabadath. I am very disappointed.

i had a feeling it wasn't going to be cabadath, but dammit a man can dream!

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking it was a slenderman movie.

Eternal_Lament:

Mcoffey:

What's more disappointing is the twist of this movie, in which:

Anyways, even if I didn't know what happened in the film I still probably wouldn't see it. It reminds me too much of "I Know Who Killed Me" and "Gone", both of which were terrible. Also, in regards to a Slenderman movie, it would only really work if, much like Slenderman stuff in general, it is vague and ambiguous enough that it could still work with all other Slenderman stuff.

Ugh, what a waste of an interesting monster.

And yeah, I agree, the best part about Slenderman is how vague he is, both in what is "known" about him as well as his physical appearance. Maybe if they did it like the first Ring, minus the parts where you actually learn anything, or a Blair Witch thing. This is one of those times where shakey-cam might actually be beneficial.

Uhh why is a movie that is on Zune in the XBL marketplace going to theatres? If you are trying to beat piracy you are doing it wrong.

Mcoffey:

SnakeoilSage:

Mcoffey:

What's weird about it is they didn't have to. I'm pretty sure no one owns the rights to Slenderman. He was just something the internet made up one day. They could have easily made one.

its just a coincidence, slenderman was invented june 2009, filming on this movie started sept 20th 2010, too soon to have crossed over imho

If trailers are usually the best bits, then this movie must be boring as hell.

I was expecting a slenderman movie as well

color me disappointed.

Yeah, having seen this movie already (I honestly thought it was out ages ago) I will say that it is without a doubt incredibly disappointing on so many levels.

Don't bother watching. You will have just wasted a couple of hours of your life.

Kragg:

Mcoffey:

SnakeoilSage:

its just a coincidence, slenderman was invented june 2009, filming on this movie started sept 20th 2010, too soon to have crossed over imho

Ah, I see, that's not so bad then, and it still leaves hope for an actual slenderman movie to be made. You just know Hollywood cant resist a free intellectual property, if the two new wizard of oz movies being made right now are anything to go by.

I can't tell if this movie is trying to be a psycho-thriller with high action, or an action movie with some psycho-thriller seasoning.

Either, probably give this one a pass, would have been cool to get a Slenderman movie, another "Ooh, someone's kidnapping kids for evil porpoises" movie just isn't needed.

Coming this summer, The Tall Man!
...Y'know, because we couldn't copyright the word "slender".

I'm glad this isn't a Slenderman movie. I would be very disappointed to have learned his teleportation powers really stem from an armored UPS van. He's best when he's vague and undefined. An ARG, something the audience has to look for and research on their own to draw any semblance of terror or excitement from. Making him the central focus of a movie would be a terrible idea, especially if it tries to establish anything concrete to the Slenderman mythos. Notice how in Marble Hornets and the other "good" web series he just pops up from time to time and isn't really actively sought after, nor does he ever really stay on screen for an extended period of time?

This is the only Tall Man I remember

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 62222)