LoadingReadyRun: Snake Oil

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Snake Oil

I can't believe nobody's thought of this before.

Watch Video

I'll buy 5! No wait, make it 10!

That man could sell Wii play T-shirts!

This video was awesome.

You can lock the thread now, its all been covered.

Steve Jobs ancestor!

Oh, it's been thought of before, but the government is trying to keep it all under the lid! Remember fateful purveyors of snake oil, always stay on the move or the government will catch you and stop you from selling this miracle product which cures any ailments.

OT: Need more western timey videos!

Prior to the FDA someone once's sold a device which trumpeted the healing powers of the sun. (Thank you Pawn Stars)

What a weird video. I love it!

"It's a block of wood."
"I'LL TAKE THREE!"

Quite humorous. Yes. Quite.

Is Paul wearing two different ties?

Need a good place to invest your stock? Why not Zoidberg Barn-um?

droll... yes, yes very droll. i almost let out a titter

Very good my fellows.
I've tried snake oil too and it completely cleared out my bowels only minutes after I took a sip.
Miraculous remedy!

[Miscellaneous pun about Victorian times and Victoria]

It works just like a regular response!

Is it wrong that the stingers are sometimes the funniest part of the video? I wonder why that is.

HIgher produciton values this time around, eh?. You know, with the whole period clothes and silverware, and location, location ,location!

I really want to see this fleshed out into Maverick Orator the movie, very funny.

"A tincture of water and dirty water." Very nicely done. Wonderful setting and costuming on this one.

Also, in retrospect, I think you should have tried to somehow work in to the sketch, "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

So this is how marketing was invented. I always wondered.

Beyond that, great video as always, guys. Keep up the great work!

castlewise:
Is it wrong that the stingers are sometimes the funniest part of the video? I wonder why that is.

Because they're the punchline? I don't know. I kinda agree, but I must say that I generally find the videos themselves hilarious.

If evryone in the world was gulible, that man would be king in no time.
Oh, and don't try substituting snake oil for cooking oil cause it makes your pancakes droop and sag

That was a really good sketch!

And thusly was the marriage of functional retardation and poverty born.

I seem to recall they made a joke out of the snail oil bull on QI. XD

How do I give you my money?
I'm pressing my wallet unto my screen, but the internets seem to incompatible with physical objects.

His reminds me a bit of the Invention of Lying... before it became half an hour of Ricky Gervais telling everyone that he doesn't believe in religions...and forgetting to be funny whilst saying so.

... so in that respect you came up with a much much funnier sketch than a guy who gets films deals. I particularly loved the Kathleen bit, it just capped the whole thing :D (Also love the outfits, how come people looked so much cooler back in time?)

Awesome costumes today. You should wear those in the next commodoreHUSTLE. If fact, you should wear those all the time. From now on, you're not allowed to wear anything else.

Oh, unless you don't want to look, y'know, AWESOME.

He should've diluted the snake oil more. The more you dilute it, the stronger it gets.

And don't forget the ever popular "if there was something shady about this, someone would have put a stop to it by now."

Brilliant vid, LRR.

This video was one of the funniest I ever saw! I love the old-timey talk with "Bugger the snake oil!" Well done, sirs.

I always heard about snake oil, but never what it actually was. Thanks for teaching me. Now I can just make my own instead of buying it!

I can't believe the production values you guys put on these videos! You are raising the internet video standards, for sure! Plus, I love it!

This is some damn fine writing here Graham! The end was a bit weak but the stinger more than made up for it
m
-

I love the costumes/clothes on this one :D

Clearly Graham's character was a man ahead of his time. Just wait till those poor rubes have to deal with the singing, dancing, performing, snake oil salesmen, it'll a be a Harold Hill Hell.

misterprickly:
Steve Jobs ancestor!

Well, it was a shiny bottle of gutter water.

Imp Emissary:
I always heard about snake oil, but never what it actually was. Thanks for teaching me. Now I can just make my own instead of buying it!

Oh sure, you can get ANY snake oil for free, but will it have the same health benefits as Snake Oil brand tinctures?

Zachary Amaranth:

Imp Emissary:

Oh sure, you can get ANY snake oil for free, but will it have the same health benefits as Snake Oil brand tinctures?

For free it's half as good at twice the price.

I adore your costumes for this episode. The setting was awesome! :D

The business ethics of the olden times were not different, they just didn't know how to market.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here