Movie Trailers: The Revenant - Trailer

The Revenant - Trailer

Vigilante Vampires, that's some biting alliteration.

Watch Video

This actually looks awesome! (In one of those hilariously bad ways) I can't wait for this.

Ha for a minute there I thought it was a modern warfare/ vampire type of flick! I admit it's a nice take on the vampire mythos that isn't Twilight!

Scarim Coral:
Ha for a minute there I thought it was a modern warfare/ vampire type of flick! I admit it's a nice take on the vampire mythos that isn't Twilight!

Apparently it came out in 2009.

Good to see David Anders is still alive though. I mean, even if he plays a dead guy in this...

This looks like an awesome movie! can't wait to see it.

Kind of bored of vampires -.- I don't even find them scary anymore. They are just everywhere.

Suck it Cullen!
Alucard would be proud.

Moonlight Butterfly:
Kind of bored of vampires -.- I don't even find them scary anymore. They are just everywhere.

I take it you didn't watch the whole trailer, or any. It's not a horror film, nor are you meant to be horrified by them. It's a Black Comedy.

scw55:

Moonlight Butterfly:

I take it you didn't watch the whole trailer, or any. It's not a horror film, nor are you meant to be horrified by them. It's a Black Comedy.

Nah I just meant in general, I'm sick of them.

Moonlight Butterfly:

scw55:

Moonlight Butterfly:

Technically he's a Revenant. I think "Vampire" is uses as an adjective rather than a noun.

I empathise, but you could say that you're sick of mosquitoes, horseflies, vampire-bats, leeches because they're vampires too.

scw55:

Moonlight Butterfly:

scw55:

Technically he's a Revenant. I think "Vampire" is uses as an adjective rather than a noun.

I empathise, but you could say that you're sick of mosquitoes, horseflies, vampire-bats, leeches because they're vampires too.

Well isn't everyone sick of those creatures. :p

You forgot fleas.

Vampires = Glorified fleas in tuxedos.

ok need to nerd out a moment

REVENANTS ARE NOT VAMPIRES!

Revenants are people that suffered a horrible and unjust murder that was so bad there souls couldnt rest and they rise from the grave to reek bloody vengeance.

The crow is probably the best straight up example of a revenant film , but Nightmare on elm street was to.

in mythos they are slow , unstoppable and relentless. think terminator 1 when the T has a broken leg and no gun. they constantly move towards one of their murderers until they get their hands around the throat then they hang on till death. then move on to the next one.

This film features some weird crossover mix, but they aren't proper revenants

i feel better now ;)

I dig the nerding-out and will second the example of the Crow. Gotta dock points for your extended example, though, and while I doubt anyone is still reading the thread I think it's clouding your reference somewhat. The Terminator is a re-hash of a golem more than revenant. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem for the quick 'n' dirty) In addition to the animation of inanimate matter, consider themes of hubris which are also present in Frankenstein, The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Linking revenant to Nightmare on Elm Street was pretty tight, though. That wouldn't have occurred to me - nice!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here