Nostalgia

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

You mean you'll leave it to people with more skill? ;P

I agree CS is hard, but god, black ops is atrocious.

On the other hand, I wanted to do what is presented in the panel many many times and many mice lost their lives at the hands of angry gamers due to CS.

Oh dear, CS. I had a friend that was a damn champion at that game. I watched him play once, he lined up headshots at enemies I didn't even see. Insane reflexes.

Which, of course, I didn't have, which meant I quickly stopped playing it after getting slapped around like a drunken kitty every damn time.

The game is hard because there's recoil in the guns. I think people have forgotten what that feels like when holding down the fire button is actually detrimental to your killstreak. lol

I will tolerate throwing consoles at a best friend's head and destroying countless hours of Skyrim saves, but I will NOT stand for the butchery of innocent PC's. Blood for bites!

But, yeah, CT is pretty fucking awful. Let's go kill steam.

I was never into CS much, I only got into it around when Condition Zero came out. I've always found it fun, but never got into it competitively or even played with people all that much. It's been a strictly casual experience for me.

But, I really like this new version. It feels... modernized, while sticking to its roots. Thanks to it, I no longer need to purchase Call of Duty or Battlefield, because Global Offensive fulfills the purpose I'd have used them for - a fun little modern wahey shooty, with none of those rubbish ranks, upgrades etc.
That's really the formula that's worked for CS all these years: "Here are some guns, there are some enemies."

That said, stoked as hell to see Arms Race put in as an official game mode. I don't know why but I find it to be ridiculously fun, and I excel at it more than classic game modes.

Double-post double-derp.

She just wants Counter Strike to get in touch with it's inner beta.

*looks at the repaired fist sized hole in the wall*

Ahhhh, memories...
good lord, the last time I played CS was when you could bunny-hop...
[edit:] A bit after actually, I think I made it to 1.5. Moar memories!

The only time I ever played it was when I needed achievements for precious steam tickets.

I did not enjoy it since all the guns felt silly.

I sucked at CS too. Feel your pain bro.

cieply:
On the other hand, I wanted to do what is presented in the panel many many times and many mice lost their lives at the hands of angry gamers due to CS.

Truer words were never spoken. I had a friend who would often throw his mouse at the wall in anger. Apparently there was one day he got so pissed playing CS that he grabbed it by the cord, swung it around above his head and slammed it into the wall so hard that he found pieces across the room. He stopped throwing his mouse after that.

It's worth noting that he was a damn good CS player too.

CS is hard because the game is full of unstoppable genetically-engineered Bourne man-children that have done nothing but play CS for the last ten years of their life. Which is why that whenever I get the urge to play that game, I don't even bother. I play Surf or Zombie-mod.

Vivi22:

cieply:

Truer words were never spoken. I had a friend who would often throw his mouse at the wall in anger. Apparently there was one day he got so pissed playing CS that he grabbed it by the cord, swung it around above his head and slammed it into the wall so hard that he found pieces across the room. He stopped throwing his mouse after that.

It's worth noting that he was a damn good CS player too.

Often times the good ones rage hardest. If you get used to doing well, failing to meet your expectations can be a big frustration. Even more so in team based games where you want to be the guy who carried the team during those close rounds.

I don't understand why people think it's soooooo hard. Stop moving while you're shooting, stop holding the trigger down, stop running around the map like Rambo. The guns "shoot silly string"? C'mon, you know that's not true, because whenever you go up against someone who knows how to aim you die in less than a second.

I only tolerate Counter Strike when high and/or piss-drunk. It can go find a hole to die in when I am sober though. I swear I sometimes feel that I could watch someone destroy everything I love and STILL be less aggravated than when playing that fucking game!

Haha I love the little kitty in the last frame :).

And yeah, I tried playing CS the other day for the first time. I came away thinking "People find that fun? That's the godfather game of FPS multiplayer that people will defend to the hilt til the end of time?". It's probably just me.

I tried this game myself for a bit, and it was an exercise in futility and frustration.

I can imagine the other programs on that computer sounding like the Portal 2 turrets

"I did everything you askeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed"

:p

Wait, you mean you play the normal game?

Weird. All I really play anymore are either Surf games or Zombiemod games.

They're pretty fun. And whenever I play the base game, it's almost always with bots. Because at least they won't insinuate having relations with my mother and then hump my corpse. Plus I love how in GO when you're dead you can take control of bots on your team and keep playing. That's a damn fine feature.

Kelgair:

Ahhhh, memories...

You could bunny-hop all the way up to Source...until they patched it. :( You still can, kinda, but they made it really hard to get any decent speed unless you're going at a down angle.

Wait-What?
I suck at computer games however I've always really enjoyed CS .. Just find a noob server to adjust difficulty levels.
Honestly where's the fun in console-style auto aim.

And that is why I dont bother with Counter-strike. Maybe its not a "hardcore" or whatever, But atleast I can get some enjoyment out of Black Ops.

Replace Counter Strike with Street Fighter and voila! Me!

The problem with any competitive game that has been out for a long time is that anyone still playing it has dedicated thousands of hours to it and will destroy you.

The worst situation of this happening was when, trying to learn to play a different shooter, I got a K/D ratio of about 0.03

DTWolfwood:
The game is hard because there's recoil in the guns. I think people have forgotten what that feels like when holding down the fire button is actually detrimental to your killstreak. lol

This, oh god. I'd like to call myself a "veteran" CS player, but I'm so goddamn terrible it's amazing (though my brother is incredibly good). Every time, EVERY TIME I am in a shootout with someone, it's duck, shoot burst shots until one person falls, usually me :(

This one made me laugh, and I haven't even played CS -- but its the principle that counts; I've felt this way about so many games.

Fappy:

Me, too. This comic is me once a month.

Hm. I haven't played CS in a while. Let's install it and give it a go! Shortly followed by: Oh yeah, this is why I quit this GOD DAMN FUCKING GAME.

Fappy:

You know what's worse than being bad at CS?
Being really good at it. Because each victory seems par for the course and each failure hurts so much more because you know exactly how much of a dumbass you were in that game.

BartyMae:

Kelgair:

Ahhhh, memories...

You could bunny-hop all the way up to Source...until they patched it. :( You still can, kinda, but they made it really hard to get any decent speed unless you're going at a down angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krzUPpALyHU ... Bunny-hopping was amazing from 1.0 to 1.3, 1.4 was the major nerf that destroyed what bunny hopping was. 1.5 and beyond were laughable attempts at jumping. You could never truly bunny-hop in source.

Better not to change than become crap. I'ma looking at you COD..... GOW.... every other sequel made...

That's pretty much my reaction when not playing zombie or surf, just nope, nothing to do here!

Always fun going back to a game you suck at thinking you'll be better only have the same damn issues. I just picked up Crysis again and suddenly I remember why it took me so long to get though the first time (stop,crawl,cloak,crawl,cloak, shoot one guy with a silenced gun and alert every Korean on the island). I guess it's not just me who feels like playing some old favorites this month, I've gone back to Crysis and TF2 which I haven't played in years.

When Erin makes that face at you, you RUN.

I love the thought process you have in the comic.
"Hey this is just like the the original game! Neat. :).....:(...Oh right, I can't play that game...:D Violence!"

Great comic.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or