Movie Trailers: Dredd 3D - Addicted Trailer

Dredd 3D - Addicted Trailer

Judge, jury and executioner? Sounds like someone needs to learn how to delegate.

Watch Video

It's not the same without the hammy dialoge between the hero and the villain .No Sly vs Assante - no fucking go!

EDIT: "THE LAAAAWW" should NEVER be wispered!EVER!!!

The helmet just looks out of place with the rest of the uniform, like they wanted a more real look than the last Dredd movie but wanted to keep the goofy shiny helmets...

I really want this movie to do well because I like Carl Urban and want him to have more lead rolls but I don't have high hopes for this.

Kind of lost the desire to watch it after this trailer. It looks fun, but also repulsive.

fi6eka:

Agreed. Say what you will about Stallone and the clichés of Judge Dredd, it was fucking entertaining movie! This one looks like a good example of AAA games nowadays; make it gritty and realistic and thus suck out all the fun.

No one can top this;

It's just not possible. Where's the hoverbikes and gaudy but awesome uniforms? Where's the eagle shaped hall of judges? Where's the badass one liners? Ok we have those, but that's the only real thing this movie has going for it at the moment for me.

Where's the over the top fun?

The sad thing is that I like Karl Urban :(

Somewhere out in the world Alan Moore sighs heavily.

If there's one thing that'll make me side with the goodies, it's the Empire mass producing a drug that causes Matrix Slow-Mo every five minutes throughout the film...

I'm expecting an abundance of betrayals against governmental legislation.

Imthatguy:

So... it's a Friday?

Eh... I have been itching for a Punisher: WarZone-ish Judge Dread movie, so I'll probably see it if I can and there's nothing else worth watching...

fi6eka:
It's not the same without the hammy dialoge between the hero and the villain .No Sly vs Assante - no fucking go!

it was over the sound speaker....he made it sound intimidating.

also if the anthrax song isnt in this movie ill be fucking pissed.

I feel really bad saying this but... Sylvester Stallone was MUCH better judge Dredd.

I really liked this movie when it was The Raid.

edit: (normal link) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My02wp9fsho

I want to see it but I don't think I want to pay theater prices to see it. I'll probably wait until it's on cable or netflix.

Imthatguy:

Moore only wrote one script for Dredd that was never published back in the 70's. And he doesn't do anything BUT sigh heavily. The man you're thinking of is John Wagner.

OT: I like Karl Urban, but c'mon. If this were the comic books Dredd would have nuked that building as a prelude to taking on an alien-demon-mutant invasion from an alternate universe.

Double post sorry.

SnakeoilSage:

Imthatguy:

Moore only wrote one script for Dredd that was never published back in the 70's. And he doesn't do anything BUT sigh heavily. The man you're thinking of is John Wagner.

I wasn't implying that. I was thinking more of libertarianism[1] vs authoritarianism[2].

[1] No not he political party the worldview that promote liberty above... other things

[2] Even if Judge Dredd mocks authoritarianism the last movie didn't understand it and I doubt the one will either.

monev44:
I really liked this movie when it was The Raid

You are right on the money with that one. They pretty much took The Raid then added Judge Dredd. Movies have really fallen haven't they? You may get a few good ones but not as many as you use to.

P.S. Your link is broken.

In truth Judge Dredd hasn't been a straight up satire of authoritarianism and zero tolerance policeing for a long time now.

Today it more asks what kind of society would require such policies (one full of crime, poverty and general apathy)

I've always been a huuuge fan of the comics, and a few points:
1) At least they are doing it the right way as a R rated movie.
2) If all the judges except dredd have their helmets off then that is just stupid. I know it is hard to sell a character to an audience when he has his face covered most of the time, but either all of them wear it always or nobody does.
3) The one liners are stupid.
4) This seems more like a setup movie, hopefully they can follow it up with a hard core judge death sequel, but I think I'm dreaming.
5) I wonder if they will/should adhere to the series rules:
- Dredd almost never shows any emotion other than aggression.
- Dredd never takes off his helmet (except for the "dead man" series, but that was different)
- Dredd is infallible.
- Dredd doesn't have a romantic interest or a side kick

Good or bad I'll see it on opening weekend and expect the worst.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here