Vintage Housing

Vintage Housing

Vintage comedy can be an expensive endeavor.

Read Full Article

I think "Downton Abbey" saves money by having the actors not wear pants too. Though that show's actually filmed on a sound stage in Swansea, and the period buildings are just green screened in post.

Vintage Housing sounds like how an estate agent would describe a hole in the ground.

Appropos snake oil.

This seemed like an extremely pricey shoot. It was a good video, but having to rent a location and costumes... You guys really went all out for our amusement!

I'm flattered. Thank you.

thenumberthirteen:
I think "Downton Abbey" saves money by having the actors not wear pants too. Though that show's actually filmed on a sound stage in Swansea, and the period buildings are just green screened in post.

Which begs the question, why didn't you green screen the 1900's after finding out how much shooting on location started to cost?

Dooly95:

thenumberthirteen:

Which begs the question, why didn't you green screen the 1900's after finding out how much shooting on location started to cost?

We thought about it!

Dooly95:

thenumberthirteen:

Because they are damn classy!

From what I've learned in this video it is safe to assume that anytime we have seen Paul only been filmed from the waist up it means that he was nude!

Man, you guys put huge amounts of work into this one just for the proper "look" // Note To Self: If I come across vintage clothing in the LRR crews size buy them and ship them over to the Moonbase

-M

Paul? Is this you?

Man, how come Kathleen had to wash the clothes, this is rampant sexist etc etc etc.

I think it helps the overall feel of the sketch to know that even the camera crews were wearing period clothing. That's the kind of service you don't get from a major Hollywood movie! Not since Hitchcock died anyway.

The Random One:

Paul? Is this you?

Man, how come Kathleen had to wash the clothes, this is rampant sexist etc etc etc.

I think it helps the overall feel of the sketch to know that even the camera crews were wearing period clothing. That's the kind of service you don't get from a major Hollywood movie! Not since Hitchcock died anyway.

Probably because the camera crew also double as actors for other scenes :P

From what I heard, prop room clothes go unwashed for months (i once saw an asian drama and on the emperors robe a cockroach ran by)

Anyways, loved the hard work you guys put in!

I'm not a germaphobe, but after that bit about washing the dress, I'd be bathing in hospital grade disinfectant for a week.

Need to do a video where they have an excuse to wear stovepipe hats.

So ... excessive number of buttons = "you're so bad at foreplay, I'm gonna force you to take my clothes off slowly?"
XD

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here