10 Things I Love About Zombies, Run!

10 Things I Love About Zombies, Run!

I'm in love Zombies, Run! Don't tell Skyrim.

Read Full Article

Heard a lot of good things about the app, I run on a semi-rigorous training plan, but I'm tempted to try this for my mess around days.

I've never heard of this app before.

I run on and off, so maybe this will get my ass of the couch and making running more appealing to me.

I have and love this app. I have played through the whole story and can't wait for more. The only regret is not listening to the radio mode after each mission. Apparently there were some funny stories. I'm curious though. Does anyone else with the app have problems with the zombie chase mode? I have it on but through out the past few missions I haven't encountered any hordes.

I highly recommend it and don't let the price turn you away. It is well worth the price.

I have occasionally had issues with zombies chases (on Android), but that's usually because the GPS in my phone is having issues getting a fix on me. If it can't do that, no chases happen. iOS might be different, but that's the way it works on Android.

Lack of GPS will also mess up my distance numbers. For instance, my last run was no shorter than my usual run (about 5k, give or take a bit) but it clocked me at .6 k because it couldn't get a fix on me until the very end.

I picked it up through the Kickstarter campaign when they were trying to get it off the ground. I pledged $15 and I STILL feel like I got my money's worth out of it. I cannot recommend it more strongly. And yes, there are some seriously funny stories in Radio Mode.

Given it a shot this morning, quite apt as it's one on my z-days (double-dosed on zopiclone the night before due to insomnia, leaves me a shuffling wreck). Only managed 3 miles and failed half the chases, but that's still 3 miles more than forcing myself today using RunKeeper.

It's like a gentle version of Fartlek as opposed to intervals, as the zombie chases are random in time, speed and duration, nice for mixing it up a bit.

You shouldn't call them by the "Z" word. they prefer "Mildly-deceased"

I've been using it for a few weeks and while I like the idea and think it's mostly well put together, I'm having a hard time getting immersed into it, which also means that I don't feel any extra encouragement to go running.
I'll keep using it though, as it's a nice addition to just listening to music:)

This is my first time hearing about this app and it sounds amazing. If I ever get me an iPhone I'll be sure to pick it up.

I will have to try this. I got heavy into quick paced walking for a while but after having what was essentially a soul crushing year I stopped. I need to get back into it for my health's sake.

This sounds interesting even to me- someone who wouldn't willingly work out a day in his life even if it killed him.

This sounds interesting, but I have a question for anyone who has it: How does it work? Is it linked up to a GPS to track your movements and judge how far away everything is, or can it be used on a treadmill while it just makes things up on the fly?

Thunderous Cacophony:
This sounds interesting, but I have a question for anyone who has it: How does it work? Is it linked up to a GPS to track your movements and judge how far away everything is, or can it be used on a treadmill while it just makes things up on the fly?

for the ipod, it uses the pedometer to keep track of your steps, if you have the iphone and GPS enabled, it'll just keep track of where you walked. The story doesn't take things from the real world. You can use a treadmill to walk. That's how I did a few missions.

Wharep:
I've been using it for a few weeks and while I like the idea and think it's mostly well put together, I'm having a hard time getting immersed into it, which also means that I don't feel any extra encouragement to go running.
I'll keep using it though, as it's a nice addition to just listening to music:)

You may want to try Nike+, it's one of the best programs for setting goals and tracking progress, and I know a few runners who swear by it (they're very achievement-focused, so it suits them well).

Also if anyone else is reading this, Zombies isn't fussy about speed, I can imagine it working well to break up the monotony of a couch to 5K program for newcomers.

sky_rider19:

Thunderous Cacophony:

for the ipod, it uses the pedometer to keep track of your steps, if you have the iphone and GPS enabled, it'll just keep track of where you walked. The story doesn't take things from the real world. You can use a treadmill to walk. That's how I did a few missions.

Thanks. I'll need to get that; nothing encourages running like the fear of being eaten alive.

Thunderous Cacophony:

sky_rider19:

Thunderous Cacophony:

Thanks. I'll need to get that; nothing encourages running like the fear of being eaten alive.

Your welcome. And to add extra dose of fear, do it at night.

Makes me wish I had a smart phone. One downside, however, is that it has an almost identical name to Zombie Run, which is much less interesting but is free and a fitness app. I bet they're missing a lot of business because of that.

I've just started it, I was a little bit unsure about it at first but the more I ran the more I got in to it. I even made a youtube review on it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAa2nOOuL9E

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here