Escapist News Wrap: Dragon Age 3 Leaks and EA News

Dragon Age 3 Leaks and EA News

This week, we learn about about the new leveling system coming to Diablo 3, a real-life speeder bike and that Nintendo Power is coming to an end. There is also a tons of news from EA, from leaks of Dragon Age 3 info to filing suit with Zynga.

Watch Video

Thanks for another great news vedio everyone. I actually completely missed that bit about plants vs zombies this week.

What is EA's fixation on purchasing developers and running them into the ground?

EA isn't standing up for the industry... They're butt-hurt that someone is doing what they do and they don't want to share.

lol at the guy above me thinking the only reason EA would do something is because they are butt-hurt.

Also, about the news wrap. I would like to share an opinion out of love and wanting to see the Escapist do well and grow and this is out of love and respect for the staff. When you guys read the news you have the on screen presence of a Skyrim npc. You look wooden and uncomfortable like you don't know what to do with your hands or if it is ok to smile. Greg, you looked like you wanted to smile once or twice during this very video. You should have. And maybe do the news sitting behind a desk or get a podium or something. I'm not sure how possible this is, but maybe even do it at one of your desks or cubicles or work areas so you can be more natural and at ease. You guys always look so tense when doing this. I really like the news wrap, but I think it could be improved in this regard. I hope I didn't come off as being a dick or judgmental.

I'd rather watch ads for excel gum than this show.

Love these.
I missed that thing about the Dragon Age thing.

EA is a satanic business organization
They are suing to prevent even possible profit loss and to send a message, nothing else
I hope they burn

Dragon age 3 will be bad
It won't be even worth playing my friends copy

I weep about that painting!

Well... she was trying to do something nice, I guess.

So, which studio will ever recognize that their are having troubles, seriously?

Also, that last news made me laugh, I hope that doesn't mean I laughed at Jesus Christ.

bdcjacko:
Also, about the news wrap. I would like to share an opinion out of love and wanting to see the Escapist do well and grow and this is out of love and respect for the staff. When you guys read the news you have the on screen presence of a Skyrim npc. You look wooden and uncomfortable like you don't know what to do with your hands or if it is ok to smile. Greg, you looked like you wanted to smile once or twice during this very video. You should have. And maybe do the news sitting behind a desk or get a podium or something. I'm not sure how possible this is, but maybe even do it at one of your desks or cubicles or work areas so you can be more natural and at ease. You guys always look so tense when doing this. I really like the news wrap, but I think it could be improved in this regard. I hope I didn't come off as being a dick or judgmental.

>.> I didn't wanna say anything...but ummm...yeah. This. ^

Speaker looked like held at gunpoint.

aceman67:
EA isn't standing up for the industry... They're butt-hurt that someone is doing what they do and they don't want to share.

Really, that Cityville only looks vaguely familiar to Simcity and not the Sims, but in this case I don't care if EA is somehow in the wrong.

If EA wants to try and bring down Zynga, more power to them, because Zynga needs to just go away and EA's reasoning is just a small part of why.

Dragon Age..... as much as i loved DAO, im sure DA3 will suck.......... Really bad , prolly it will be more and more like mass effect, and less Rpg

It looks like DA3 continues the story of Hawke, who absolutely no one cares about so I can only assume bioware will continue the trend with their 12$ 1 hour dlc content. Just thinking about it makes me bored and sleepy.

This is good, but there needs to be some emotion.

Zeckt:
It looks like DA3 continues the story of Hawke, who absolutely no one cares about so I can only assume bioware will continue the trend with their 12$ 1 hour dlc content. Just thinking about it makes me bored and sleepy.

Where are you getting that? As far as I could see the story has nothing to do with Hawke.

Greg

I'm going to give DA3 the benefit of the doubt. I'm worried about it, sure, but I'll give it a shot. Sounds like if it's done right, it'll be a good game.
...I hope it's done right.

bdcjacko:

I don't quite agree with this, but I think the presentation could be improved. When transitioning between stories, I think it would be helpful to have some sort of movement, whether it's a transition between cameras, or switching the graphics from side to side, or something. Right now it just looks awkward when you stand there, waiting for a few seconds to pass so you can start on the next story.

It's not just you, Greg; I'd say Steve has the same issue.

UNHchabo:

bdcjacko:

I don't quite agree with this, but I think the presentation could be improved. When transitioning between stories, I think it would be helpful to have some sort of movement, whether it's a transition between cameras, or switching the graphics from side to side, or something. Right now it just looks awkward when you stand there, waiting for a few seconds to pass so you can start on the next story.

It's not just you, Greg; I'd say Steve has the same issue.

I agree, Greg also looks like a deer caught in headlights. And you maybe on to something. Maybe if they looked one way then another or there was a better transition between news stories so it isn't just starting straight ahead.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here