Escapist Podcast: 058: Layoffs at PopCap & Dragon Age 3 Leaks

Pages PREV 1 2

Space Muffin T-shirts?
Consider this head counted
Seriously, I work too much overtime to not spend it on things like this (same reason I'm counting the days until my limited edition Ouya shows up)

Team Podcat, you all rock! Thank you so much for the awesome shout out! For all of you who want to see the design, here it is: http://backseat-menagerie.deviantart.com/#/d5criqr

Jaded_Muffin:
Team Podcat, you all rock! Thank you so much for the awesome shout out! For all of you who want to see the design, here it is: http://backseat-menagerie.deviantart.com/#/d5criqr

Oh yeah, I'd be all over that.

I personally also like for there to be a sort of progression for my RPG characters, as if they learn something throughout the game. That stops them from becoming a cardboard cutout, since real people also sometimes vary beyond their own character traits.
Furthermore, for as far as marrying narrative to mechanics goes, I'd like to nominate Fallout 3 as an excellent example in the RPG genre, simple because of the perks and the way that S.P.E.C.I.A.L. interacts with your skills, which are ways great way to shape your character to taste. And it constantly forces you to make choices about the character's development, not only with regards to the mechanics but also concerning their personality.

P.S. Would love to buy one of those T-shirts (and many others the Escapist has to offer), but unfortunately I have moral objections.

Alright, this was a tiny, almost throw-away comment that was made during your podcast but it is causing me endless pain!

Susan stated that the 360 would be getting the NFL (59:45 mark)...

All I can find on the interweb is info about when the ESPN service was introduced in 2011 but nothing about the NFL coming to the 360.

Can you pretty please with sugar on top tell me that this was not a whoops and it actually is happening (unless you want to see a grown man cry, in which case tell me it's not happening)?

Will we be able to get the Space Muffin t-shirts before or at the Expo?

Regardless, count me in for one!

Every time Susan said pecans, I laughed a little.

I'm up for a space muffin t-shirt.

tippy2k2:
Alright, this was a tiny, almost throw-away comment that was made during your podcast but it is causing me endless pain!

Susan stated that the 360 would be getting the NFL (59:45 mark)...

All I can find on the interweb is info about when the ESPN service was introduced in 2011 but nothing about the NFL coming to the 360.

Can you pretty please with sugar on top tell me that this was not a whoops and it actually is happening (unless you want to see a grown man cry, in which case tell me it's not happening)?

Sure, it was mentioned (veeeeery briefly) during the Microsoft press conference at E3.

Mumorpuger:
Actually, I have a serious question. A few casts back you guys talked about not meeting famous people you like because the illusion of grandeur they may have could be spoiled. Does this mean I shouldn't talk to you guys at the Expo?? :( :(

You listen to the Podcat. You know exactly what we're like already. This is us, in all our...erm...glory.

Looking at the design I'm up for a Space Muffin shirt. Despite the high shipping cost to the UK. I mean I already have two ZP shirts.

That design is just so cool.

What colour would the shirt be?

For me at least I played dragon age 2 exactly the same as dragon age: origins (on pc) though not as zoomed out as far, all allies AI off over half my time paused, and except for the camera I like the combat more as it was far better balanced and gave reasons to have things other than mages with the cross class combos. this is also form someone who loves the strategic game play.

I have to say that the trauma center games on the wii really are awesome because of the motion control of the "wiimote" (a strange fact: my friends and me always called it like that). On the other hand while I played Skyward Sword I cursed the controls many many times. They did some neat stuff with it but it felt unnecessary complicated and tagged on.

Spaaaaaace muffins. Would buy.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or