Unskippable: Drakan: The Ancients' Gates

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates

I think that I speak for everyone here when I say that I hope she gets to finally see her dragon.

Watch Video

Great Dr. Claw impression!

Great Dr. Claw impression Graham. Full marks.

I still have the demo for the first game!

So this what me and odahviing will get up to once I deal with the rebellion.

Wait, is that praise for Drakengard, or just saying this game REALLY sucks?

Ok let me see if I understand this, Order = good, Union = bad. ...wait, what?

Really bad font...definitely. There was a one to one relationship between the narration and the text in the book.

BTW...hearing her say the bandits are in for a painful lesson for thinking a lone woman is a tempting target. In a post-Lorena Bobbitt world, that sounds more painful than usual for some reason...

Wow, I still have this game. And I really like it, so I don't know.

"A group of bandits are working this road, and they might see a lone woman as a tempting target. Of course, I am a general surrounded by soldiers, so I suppose I could send a few of them along with you. Hell, I could probably just lend you a sword and some armour, because for a world-saving warrior you're travelling awfully light (probably that human-dragon division of labour problem). However, I think it's better if I send the person my monarch has specifically instructed me to send to directly to her- not to mention the only person to bond with a dragon in centuries- along a dangerous path, alone and unarmed, and hope you will be able to deal with these bandits that my entire army and I have so far been unable to stop. Good luck!"

Also, I agree with the consensus that Graham does a great Dr. Claw.

I was expecting a joke about how the big moon was Europa (moon of Jupiter).

Played this game years ago. I loved it but it was too short(about 8 hrs.).

any Dr. Claw reference is okay in my book.

Wait a second, is that Daedric script from TES in the book? It fucking is!

Zachary Amaranth:
Wait, is that praise for Drakengard, or just saying this game REALLY sucks?

Q F mothafucking T.

Drakengard made me lose my sanity for a night, it was so bad.

SirCannonFodder:

Bethesda's lawyers are on line one.

Good dragon voice, Graham.

Graham, you're a better Dr. Claw than the real Dr. Claw ever was!
Time to do a LRR episode with that voice in it!!! :D

SirCannonFodder:

Glad I'm not the only one to notice that.

Of course, I can read it well enough to know that it's basically gibberish.

Tohron:
I was expecting a joke about how the big moon was Europa (moon of Jupiter).

Yeah, I was waiting for a quip about that too. I guess they get a bonus point for not using a public domain photo of our moon, but still, Europa's a pretty recognizable choice to go with for a mystic fantasy world.

Hear hear on the Dr. Claw voice! Now do Soundwave.
I'll be back when i have more to say about the video, besides the subpar graphics and nonsensical story.

Darth_Payn:
Hear hear on the Dr. Claw voice! Now do Soundwave.
I'll be back when i have more to say about the video, besides the subpar graphics and nonsensical story.

Don't forget the unemotional voice acting, which is probably caused by poor directing.

...But I liked Draken... well I liked Order of the Flame...

Dude, you got to ride around on fucking dragons!

A bad font? Don't make fun of the ancient, revered language of Squiggles That Kind of Look Like Nordic Runes If You Squint and Also Has Never Seen Nordic Runes Outside of a Videogame. STKoLLNRIYSaAHNSNROoaV is the official written language of Hyrule and of the Daedra so treat it with respect!

The joke about the game being Japanese because the moon is big is weird, because... go play GTA: San Andreas. Look at the moon. IT'S HUEG. You may know that if you shoot it it grows then shrinks, but only after it shrinks it actually looks like the moon you might find on planet Earth. Then again the cities in San Andreas are smaller, so maybe the entire planet is smaller and the moon is closer!

The other thing about the Book of the Over-Long Introductory Narrative is that, not only was the manuscript in a poor font, but it was also clearly faded from time... While the illustrations were still in full, vibrant color.

I actually used to own this game (PS2 version). I enjoyed it, too, but never completed it. Can't quite remember why, but I'm pretty sure the controls were a bit wonky. I know for certain that it was somewhat buggy, with plenty of places where you could get stuck in the scenery. Shame, really, the game world was richly imaginative, varied and detailed - a joy to explore! I'll never forget those boats with gigantic turtle shells for canopies.

Bloody hell, I nearly bought this game when I was little because it had dragons and you could ride them, but instead I went for Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness. Even though it was a buggy mess, it was definitely better than whatever this is.

Captcha: "Words of Wisdom." You got that right.

dat eyebrows

Hahaha Oh man!! I was a QA Lead on this game back in my Sony days.. The stiff game play! The horrible "British" accents!! I bet I could still crash it in 4 minutes..

Worst voice actor in the game? Old man who says "PLEEEAZE, MY DAUUGHTERRRR!".

Ahh memories.. Thanks for taking me back there!

Loading Ready Run delivers again!

Personally I actually like the dragon's voice, but then I have an affinity for those types of voices.

Sargent Hoofbeat:
...But I liked Draken... well I liked Order of the Flame...

Dude, you got to ride around on fucking dragons!

QFT!

I actually really liked this game, sure it had faults but it was fun none-the-less and the dragon riding worked really well.

Ahh, one of those titles that seriously need a resurrection. The Dragon Knight Saga didn't quite scratch that particular itch.

i dont get the idea behind the plot its like if you took the eragon siries
replaced eragon with a woman
waited untill after the actual plot ended
and then started the plot for the game!
i mean the great evil is already defeated what else do we have to do?

I can't help but feel like this is a sequel to something. Though if Drakengard was considered a better game... then I doubt this one's any good.

Also, I'm with everyone else: Graham does a great Doctor Claw impression.

Up next week: Drakes' Drakeguards 2: The Drakening!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here