Movie Trailers: Solomon Kane - Trailer

Solomon Kane - Trailer

He seems like he carries a lot of pent up rage.

Watch Video

Is it just me or does this look exactly like that movie called Solomon Kane that came out a year or two ago and starred the exact same people and featured the exact same plot?

anthony87:
Is it just me or does this look exactly like that movie called Solomon Kane that came out a year or two ago and starred the exact same people and featured the exact same plot?

It's just now getting a NA release.

I don't know if I should celebrate or weep for the American audiences.

Yea, it's a great movie, I found it on the internet some time ago...like a couple/few years ago, and I really enjoyed it. Eager to have this come out on blu-ray so that I can own it.

anthony87:

It is the same movie. Just...The American release has been set back like two years because ponies.

For some reason, I confused this movie with Jonah Hex and chills went down my spine.

I enjoyed this movie a lot, and even if it's not wholly accurate to Robert Howard's original tales it got me interested in learning more about them. Plus, 'Solomon Kane' has to be the coolest name this side of a Reb Brown flick.

Is this getting an American release just now ? Ooooh boy, are they in for a surprise :P

That scared the hell out of me, Pete Postlethwaite died over a year and a half ago. I had to look up the film and find out that it's three years old. Seems odd that the NA is only just happening. As Zachary Amaranth said, it's probably because ponies.

I'm just thinking "Solomon! Digivolve to... Duomon!"

Looks like a typical great movie night film.

Could've been a great movie had the writing been a bit better. The action was a a little toned down from what I expect from Howard's writings. Still James Purefoy really sells it during the movie. Overall, it just felt too rushed. Not enough character development behind Solomon. Sure you see him being cruel to his lackeys, but who cares they're pirates, right? Ultimately, a longer cut and better writing is what this needed.

Kane Lives In Death!

The thing that got to me the most in the movie - Kane: "My soul is doomed to hell, so I have forsaken violence". Fifteen minutes later - EXTREME VIOLENCE!!111

This movie was really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally boring.

As a European it's my duty to warn you for this crock of poo.

BrionJames:
Could've been a great movie had the writing been a bit better. The action was a a little toned down from what I expect from Howard's writings. Still James Purefoy really sells it during the movie. Overall, it just felt too rushed. Not enough character development behind Solomon. Sure you see him being cruel to his lackeys, but who cares they're pirates, right? Ultimately, a longer cut and better writing is what this needed.

Is it still worth a watch or is it too rushed to be that good?

Srsly? 3 years to get the film released in NA? /sigh Corporations with their marketing b_llsh_t and territorial pissing contests. Yet another reason to envy pirates.

Titan Buttons:

BrionJames:

It's still worth a viewing. There are definitely some cool sword fights.

BrionJames:

Titan Buttons:

BrionJames:

It's still worth a viewing. There are definitely some cool sword fights.

Thanks, I'll probably give it a view then.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here