The New Class

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The New Class

The Ones Who Knock

Read Full Article

I just want to be "that guy"

From the rules

posts including, advocating, or linking to illegal or adult material are a very quick way to end your time as part of The Escapist community. An example of these are:

Illegal Drugs in the United States

I reckon Grey needs a warning for this post :D

Breaking Bad is a great series but not everyone is going to become a super chemist over night. Also how do the girls have beards?

Why is Gordon Freeman sitting in the front row? Has he been reduced to to selling meth to make ends meet while waiting to start in esp 3?

Matthew94:

From the rules

posts including, advocating, or linking to illegal or adult material are a very quick way to end your time as part of The Escapist community. An example of these are:

I get that your just taking the piss, but nothing about this is promoting meth

That_Sneaky_Camper:
Breaking Bad is a great series but not everyone is going to become a super chemist over night. Also how do the girls have beards?

Lady-Beards is part of the joke, son.

I'm a fan of Breaking Bad, and yes, I am studying chemistry.

Keep up the good work!

Cory is stocking up on Narcotics, You want to keep an eye on that Grey or he'll never be awake long enough to draw Critical Miss anymore. :o

Oh now I want to talk about drugs and complain about people calling all drugs 'Narcotics', Curses. >.>

(Narcotics are drugs classified as drugs that induce sleep.)

Movie Bob was right, formula comedy can still be funny.

Isn't that Leelee is the second row?
That's slander Mr Carter!

I've just finished the first season of Breaking Bad. I find it ok and had a hard time getting into it. Are the other seasons way better?

Random Argument Man:
I've just finished the first season of Breaking Bad. I find it ok and had a hard time getting into it. Are the other seasons way better?

Yes the later seasons tell much better stories.

I thought they all had Four Eyes and tried to maximize Perception gains. Whoops.

Love Breaking Bad, but I was a Chemist long before the show started air...

Dear god I've become a chemistry hipster.

That_Sneaky_Camper:

Random Argument Man:

Yes the later seasons tell much better stories.

Alright, I'll finish my season of Fringe and get back into it. Although, I'll keep low expectations.

Navvan:
Love Breaking Bad, but I was a Chemist long before the show started air...

Dear god I've become a chemistry hipster.

It's alright dude. If you don't go on about it, people won't judge you. Besides, you can understand things I don't. Try watching Breaking Bad when you major in history.... I'm glad they explained a few things while watching the show.

I've always hated Chemistry, but Breaking Bad made me find a new appreciation for it. These chemists though...they may be the danger.

I've only watched the first two episodes of the show so far. I really should get around to watching more of it. So far I really like what's going on.

Also, somewhat relevant:

Pfft, meth. Nobody studies chemistry just to learn how to make meth, that's absurd. People study chemistry to learn how to make explosives, everybody knows that.

Heh, "Donate so we can afford whiteboards." I love funny little background details.

I love House but I never wanted to get into medicine. Were there really people who wanted to start? What's with people and what they see on TV?

Honestly, the first thing that caught my eyes were the backpacks that were scattered around the classroom.

..which brings me back to my first chemistry class because my teacher was pretty anal about having backpacks under the desk so people don't trip over.

scorptatious:
I've only watched the first two episodes of the show so far. I really should get around to watching more of it. So far I really like what's going on.

If your family has a history of heart problems you should probably hold off. It's pretty damn intense.

I don't watch TV. Now I feel like everybody else did about the last strip that had to do with politics.

Could somebody explain this joke to me?

The could somebody tell Grey to get back to Erin? The endless crazy story line at least didn't need for everybody to explain what was going on to each other.

I liked Chemistry before it was cool, and I haven't watched Breaking Bad despite the burst in popularity.

But it doesn't mean I'm a hipster. I just happen to like how atoms mix and haven't looked at TV schedules to see when and what channel Breaking Bad plays on (though I might).

That's a pretty great comic strip. Very clever.

TsunamiWombat:

Matthew94:

From the rules

I get that your just taking the piss, but nothing about this is promoting meth

Wouldn't matter anyway. Contributions are exempt from the rules no matter what they do. Which is why both Jim and Bob get away with calling their audience stupid. With Jim being ironic and Bob being insufferable...

This was genius.

Very well done yet again Grey.

At first I was like, why the hell is everyone Notch?
I really need to start watching Breaking Bad

Matthew94:

Just going to pop in here to say that the post in question makes reference to a television show, and its protagonist's aptitude with chemistry. By and large, that is all the comic makes reference to. The fact that you're drawing a further conclusion from that reference isn't against the rules, just how your mind is interpreting the reference.

If anything, if anyone wants to be "that guy," you're actually introducing a more likely scenario to tread the thread into discussion of illegal material. Referencing a prime time television show isn't actually introducing or advocating anything illegal. Were that the case, the show wouldn't actually be on the air. Close distinction, but one worth noting. However, referencing the nature of the illegal material, thus calling attention to it, is actually closer to rule-breaking than the original post. Though, if I'm honest, neither are.

Just some food for though.

NewClassic:

Matthew94:

Just going to pop in here to say that the post in question makes reference to a television show, and its protagonist's aptitude with chemistry. By and large, that is all the comic makes reference to. The fact that you're drawing a further conclusion from that reference isn't against the rules, just how your mind is interpreting the reference.

If anything, if anyone wants to be "that guy," you're actually introducing a more likely scenario to tread the thread into discussion of illegal material. Referencing a prime time television show isn't actually introducing or advocating anything illegal. Were that the case, the show wouldn't actually be on the air. Close distinction, but one worth noting. However, referencing the nature of the illegal material, thus calling attention to it, is actually closer to rule-breaking than the original post. Though, if I'm honest, neither are.

Awwwww son you just got nuke pwned

NewClassic:

Matthew94:

This is the bit I was referring to

"All the cash goes directly to Cory and helps keep him in the vast array of narcotics that make his life bearable."

*wooosh*

Seems appropriate for your post.

Eric the Orange:

As you can see above, no I didn't. It was just a mod assuming (incorrectly) he knew what part of the post I was talking about.

Matthew94:

Eric the Orange:

As you can see above, no I didn't. It was just a mod assuming (incorrectly) he knew what part of the post I was talking about.

I stand by my position.

ThePS1Fan:
At first I was like, why the hell is everyone Notch?
I really need to start watching Breaking Bad

I thought that everyone was Gordon Freeman.

I wanted to laugh at the laugh panel but I was utterly horrified by the fact that it seems to be being eaten by a white nothingness! Oh god, the universe is unraveling! Or maybe its just an unfinished background... Nope, probably the end of the world rather then that, right?

Twilight_guy:
I wanted to laugh at the laugh panel but I was utterly horrified by the fact that it seems to be being eaten by a white nothingness! Oh god, the universe is unraveling! Or maybe its just an unfinished background... Nope, probably the end of the world rather then that, right?

Goes to show how underfunded public schools are. They can't afford to have classes in a real classroom, but the void of Purgatory! ALso, who else thought everyone looked like Yahtzee at first? You could do worse for a role model. Better or worse than Walter?

I've never seen Breaking Bad, and don't really know much about it, but am I the only one who thinks that the guy they're all dressed up as looks like an older version of Gordon Freeman?

Oh god, the latest episode was so good. You should have just called this comic "Say my Name".

Walter White's journey has been a gradual one but a noticeable one, this season he's really flipped from "Good guy gone bad" to just "Bad guy gone crazy". All the resourcefulness and endearing bumbling has turned to cold calculated crime lord callousness. I like how they have channeled all those good qualities that could have potentially brought him back and turned them into terribly useful traits for a man in the "Meth Empire Business".

But i ask you Escapists, Is a meth empire really something to be proud of?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here