Unskippable: The Witcher 2, Part One

Pages PREV 1 2

I thought Unskippable handled bad cutscenes. I mean, I guess it could be argued that this isn't a great cutscene but it certainly isn't the bottom of the barrel I've come to expect from watching this series.

*cuts off head, climbs to top of boat*

Well, that's the last item on the scavenger hunt...

*checks off scroll, dives in water*

SnakeoilSage:
So this game is considered "dark fantasy" because its dwarves and elves live in ghettos? It was the middle ages. EVERYONE lived in ghettos. You were considered high society if you didn't need to use a steady supply of fresh dung as caulk.

These days, it seems like "dark fantasy" means "fantasy where the setting is close to a realistic depiction of medieval Europe instead of the theme-park version". As opposed to anything actually "dark".

Sooo, how did this scene affect the rest of the game's story? Was anyone in that scene important later on, besides the brick shithouse of an assassin? Surprisingly agile for someone built like a gorilla.

Captcha: square one
Aw, back THERE again?!

Darth_Payn:
Sooo, how did this scene affect the rest of the game's story? Was anyone in that scene important later on, besides the brick shithouse of an assassin? Surprisingly agile for someone built like a gorilla.

Captcha: square one
Aw, back THERE again?!

Well, the dead king is kind of important. The entire storyline revolves around the deaths of several kings (as the "Assassins of Kings" sub-title implies) and the one that dies in the cutscene sets everything in motion.

SnakeoilSage:
So this game is considered "dark fantasy" because its dwarves and elves live in ghettos? It was the middle ages. EVERYONE lived in ghettos. You were considered high society if you didn't need to use a steady supply of fresh dung as caulk.

I assure you, that is well-represented. Even most of the nobles in this game would be considered the horrible gutter-trash that the average hero either kills on sight or gives money to to raise his reputation in an ordinary fantasy game. It's a pretty crappy world.

You know, I could swear the first part of this video (the part where things actually happen) wasn't in my version of the game...

They added it for the Xbox release, updating all versions of the game with it and a bunch of other stuff that wasn't previously there.

...Oh. Cheap. Well, I'm not going back to play it again. The characters and story and settings were interesting, but I'm really not a fan of many of the mechanics of actual gameplay.

shadowmagus:
I thought Unskippable handled bad cutscenes. I mean, I guess it could be argued that this isn't a great cutscene but it certainly isn't the bottom of the barrel I've come to expect from watching this series.

Doesn't mean they can't still make fun of the not as bad and better trailers. As evidenced by this episode, twin boxing :lol:

almost forgot how enjoyable Unskippable can be :D esp when the cutscenes look good at the very least on top of things

Illessa:
Does this cutscene happen on starting the game up or something? I don't remember it at *all* and I'm not the usually the type to skip em...

I realize I'm late but here's the answer :P CD project red keeps adding to the game. As of the enhanced edition there is a new intro cinematic (tada). There's also a few new quests and stuff.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here