Escape to the Movies: Lawless

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Lawless

Indiana Jones' son and Bane are teaming up to hustle moonshine.

Watch Video

Also extremely important. Go rent "Take shelter" incredible movie staring michael shannon.

I may have to go see Robot and Frank.

Also, the Jersey Shore is canceled? Maybe this world isn't as bad as I thought it was.

So no word on The Revenant?

Well even if Shia Labeouf IS in it, I'm glad this movie passed the bar

Just to be part of the chorus:

NO NO NO NO NO!

Bret Ratner cannot be allowed to make any more comic book movies. EVER!

Don't worry Bob, over in the UK we have a show were we can feel superior by not watching it, it's called Geordie Shore and is currently plaquing the airways which is enjoyed by your typical ignorant douchebags who think anyone who doesn't go out to clubs every night, drink heavily and have sex with every random girl/boy they find is a loser and in a shocking twist, it is actually worse than Jersey Shore. Luckily for you Americans, they don't show it in the US (I think anyway), but if it ever does come to the states, a word of warning

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!

I'm glad it wasn't bad. I do want to see it.

And anything the MTV airs makes me feel smarter for not watching it like 16 and pregnant.

It shouldn't be hard to find another show to feel superior about not watching, there are plenty of shitty shows to choose from.

I would totally watch this, but I just can't support Shia as an action star.

About the Jersey Shore comment at the end...well, there's already a replacement for it called Honey Boo-Boo or something of equal or less intelligence. To make matters worse that show is on TLC which just baffles my mind to the point that blood pours out of my ears every time I see a commercial for that...thing.

---

No plans to see Lawless but a poster for Robot and Frank got me really interested but gave away nothing of the plot, as posters are want to do. I may have to head back into the heart of DC to check that one out.

Are you not reviewing brave then? Out of curiosity.

Also yeah, will check out robot and frank if it comes my way. I am still a bit on the fence.

The Justice League. Am I the only one who thinks it's too early for this? Not every studio has to follow the path Marvel did in leading up to the Avengers, but it would be nice if DC tried it. They might at least learn to make decent movies about someone besides Batman.

I'll take a moment to stand up for "Premium Rush", which I just caught a few days ago. It's not going to change your life, but it definitely doesn't deserve to get tarred with the same brush as crap like "Gleaming the Cube". It's coherent, both in plot and in action, with some genuine adrenaline-spiking moments and a real physicality so often absent in the era of flea-on-meth editing and excessive CGI. And while the characters aren't much deeper than they need to be, they also aren't generally "who dropped you as a baby" stupid like so many half-considered action movie characters. It's a perfectly decent late-summer action offering, and it won't make you feel like you've sacrificed brain cells to see it. Give it a whirl.

Re: Jersey Shore- I don't need to feel superior, I'm just glad it's f@$%ing gone.

Hey Bob, will you review brave? I always enjoy your Pixar reviews and I wnted to know if Brave is up to notch. Thanks in advance.

Azure Knight-Zeo:
Also, the Jersey Shore is canceled? Maybe this world isn't as bad as I thought it was.

Maybe this will shut those, "I lost all faith in humanity!" people up finally...

Also, can someone remind me who Bret Ratner is again. Is he the guy that did GL?

WanderingFool:

Azure Knight-Zeo:

Maybe this will shut those, "I lost all faith in humanity!" people up finally...

Also, can someone remind me who Bret Ratner is again. Is he the guy that did GL?

Hahahahahahahahaha! Those idiots would lose faith in all humanity if they see someone trip! So this will never shut anyone up.

Little Duck:
Are you not reviewing brave then? Out of curiosity.

Also yeah, will check out robot and frank if it comes my way. I am still a bit on the fence.

Demoliboy2:
Hey Bob, will you review brave? I always enjoy your Pixar reviews and I wnted to know if Brave is up to notch. Thanks in advance.

First of all, you people (yes, "you people" keep posting this every week) are about two months late.

Second, you're two months late in getting told he already did review it.

Diane Miller:
The Justice League. Am I the only one who thinks it's too early for this? Not every studio has to follow the path Marvel did in leading up to the Avengers, but it would be nice if DC tried it. They might at least learn to make decent movies about someone besides Batman.

Well they have Superman coming, they would have to remake Batman, make a Wonder Woman movie, make a Martian Manhunter movie, make an Aquaman movie, and make a Flash movie, and pull a Hulk on the Green Lantern in order to follow Marvels path, which will take years to complete. What they could do however is reverse Marvel, make a Justice League movie and then release all of the others as "prequels"

"close to a decade" Holy crap has it really been that long?

WanderingFool:

Azure Knight-Zeo:

No, he did X-men III.

I agree with you about Michael Shannon Bob. One of the things that I am looking forward to in Man of Steel is his portrayed cif Zod because I thought he was amazing in Revolutionary Road.

Uhm, no Bob, Jersey Shore is the show I use to feel better about other people BY watching it.

Also I haven't heard anything to persuade me to watch this movie beyond a few members of it's cast yet.

Haven't really heard about this movie before now. Guess I'll give it a shot.

Huh, the Shore is cancelled eh? I've got an idea for a new show. It's called "Eastwood Tides" and it's about an 82 year-old respected icon of film-making meandering around his home shouting at his empty couch.

Jersey Shore may be cancelled, but the rest of reality TV is still there. My superiority complex is just fine.

ZZoMBiE13:
Just to be part of the chorus:

NO NO NO NO NO!

Bret Ratner cannot be allowed to make any more comic book movies. EVER!

It gets worse. Much worse.

McG is also on the shortlist to direct JLA...

artanis_neravar:

Diane Miller:

Well they have Superman coming, they would have to remake Batman, make a Wonder Woman movie, make a Martian Manhunter movie, make an Aquaman movie, and make a Flash movie, and pull a Hulk on the Green Lantern in order to follow Marvels path, which will take years to complete. What they could do however is reverse Marvel, make a Justice League movie and then release all of the others as "prequels"

That would take, at least, 2 or 3 years, and too much risk spread into too many productions. Not to mention they would grow anxious about it, and Avengers 2 (not to mention a lot of the proper sequels to each hero) will be out by then.
Also, the prequels idea makes some business sense since it cuts the middleman, but it misses the whole point of why The Avengers movie was so great: because we get to see characters that each had their own adventures make a crossover and still look like the same characters. We didn't even need an origin story because the movie assumed people has seen the other movies and knew the characters and actors. If they don't release movies for most of the characters and they don't make an effort for the audience to associate the actors with the roles, they could just call it Superman & Batman, and their super friends.
In other words, there are worst problems with the prospect of the movie than Brett Ratner being involved. Of course, he is also a mercenary director, so its not a surprise that he is considered here. Expect a lot of executive meddling if this gets green lighted.

Blueruler182:
Jersey Shore may be cancelled, but the rest of reality TV is still there. My superiority complex is just fine.

As long as MTV keeps their current course, I can always indulge my superiority complex by pointing and saying "pretty much all this..."

canadamus_prime:
It shouldn't be hard to find another show to feel superior about not watching, there are plenty of shitty shows to choose from.

I just don't watch TV at all. Too much Internet to browse, games to play, and oh yeah, work and school to attend to.

canadamus_prime:

Well, yes, there are plenty of shitty shows one could easily dislike, but Jersey Shore was kinda special to satisfactory dislike, because in my opinion, it represented what many of us are completely against, like human stupidity and... human stupidity (in a dislikable and non funny way) and we felt great by saying "pfff, you watch that shit?, I don't watch that shit".

I think Snooky has her own show now >_>

Lawless looks interesting, but I have no interest in watching it thanks to what seems to be a very unlikable lead cast. Can't stand Shia, disliked every role Hardy's played so far (including Bane which I'm sure I'm probably alone in my opinion) and I Clarke is a B-List actor at best. The only thing that looks good is the role of Guy Pearce, but it just makes it more frustrating when you're rooting for the bad guy and you know he's gonna lose. They could have made this movie a lot better, had there been better casting, but as it stands it's a completely skippable end of summer flick that happens to star Bane in a lead roll.

SupahGamuh:

canadamus_prime:

Well, yes, there are plenty of shitty shows one could easily dislike, but Jersey Shore was kinda special to satisfactory dislike, because in my opinion, it represented what many of us are completely against, like human stupidity and... human stupidity (in a dislikable and non funny way) and we felt great by saying "pfff, you watch that shit?, I don't watch that shit".

Oh I knew that and yeah I still say there are plenty of shitty shows you can feel superior for not watching for that reason.

Thanks for the review, Bob. Lawless looks pretty good, but I'm not too much of a fan of hicks, so I'll keep this on my "rent" list.

Also, if there's going to be a Justice League movie, there needs to be a movie about all of the original JLA members, or at least a long enough part in the set up of the League to address them and why they need to be included in the team. Though, I don't feel they'd need a whole movie for the Martian Manhunter or Aquaman; they might get away with how it was done in the 2000's JLA cartoon. That approach might make it easier to introduce some characters and make the story flow easier.

Not sure where he pulled the "close to a decade" comment from as bays first tf film came out in 2007 which was only 6 years ago. Guess it just feels way longer.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)