Dust: An Elysian Tail Review

So glad to hear this. I've been watching this game for a few years now and am so glad it is out and well-received.

Now if only I had a working xbox so I could play this game I've been waiting forever for...

And if you live in the Southern Hemisphere, you don't deserve our analogies!

Nice review, Mr Tito.

Well I guess this dust is nothing to sneeze at.

Andy of Comix Inc:

Nice review, Mr Tito.

This review was actually written by Heather Mclellan. I mistakenly took credit for her genius but that should be fixed now. Sorry about the confusion!

Another reason to get an Xbox, I see. Also, that first screenshot looks highly reminiscent of the opening to Paper Mario. That can't be a bad thing.

I saw RicePirate (a youtube animator) talking about this game a few days ago and I have to say, it looks REALLY neat-o.

Heck, I might even dust off my 360 to try this beauty.

I'm really glad you reviewed this game; it's absolutely brilliant!

I was blown away by the game's overall quality and the addictive nature of the gameplay. As much as I love creative indie games, I'm never able to stick with them for very long but Dust had me gripped until the end.

Well... I'm almost at the end, just got a few secrets left to find...

I simply hope this can be made available to the PC.

Greg Tito:

Andy of Comix Inc:

Nice review, Mr Tito.

This review was actually written by Heather Mclellan. I mistakenly took credit for her genius but that should be fixed now. Sorry about the confusion!

Ah.

So it's her fault for the summer analogies Australians won't understand? Good to know.

I've been watching this game since I heard about it. Jazz was my absolute favorite thing as a kid... Now I just hope it comes to a console other than the 360 - As much as I want to play this, I can't justify buying a console for it

Andy of Comix Inc:

Greg Tito:

Andy of Comix Inc:

Nice review, Mr Tito.

Ah.

So it's her fault for the summer analogies Australians won't understand? Good to know.

You'll have to accept my apologies; I live in Scotland, so all I know of summer is what I've seen in movies. I'm not sure it actually exists at all.

It has its flaws, items are blatant upgrades with rarely any sidegrades so there's no reason not to always just equip the newest stuff you get which is kind of boring, treasures are completely meaningless and rarely contain anything useful so secret hunting is basically just a prestige thing and the story could've been handled a bit better in some places that I won't spoil now.

Still this is a very solid game worth the money.
The person making this game took navi from oot and made her not only tolerable but endearing, imagine that.

Hevva:

Andy of Comix Inc:

Greg Tito:

Ah.

You'll have to accept my apologies; I live in Scotland, so all I know of summer is what I've seen in movies. I'm not sure it actually exists at all.

It doesn't exist. It's just a myth to make you buy package holiday tours.

Andy of Comix Inc:

I tend to blame Microsoft. They're the ones who call these releases the "Summer of Arcade".

Falseprophet:

Andy of Comix Inc:

I tend to blame Microsoft. They're the ones who call these releases the "Summer of Arcade".

Actually, for the first time, Microsoft called it Winter of Arcade in Australia...! That you don't know that means you don't read Extra Punctuation and that's very sad. :(

I REALLY hope this comes out on Steam or PC digital download. I want to have this game in my library so I can smother this in the face of furries who actually believe Shark Attack is a bullet hell (when it's just a dumbed down Forgotten Worlds+Gradius mashup).

I was actually pretty angry most of them gave this game the cold shoulder.

I wouldn't call Fidget's three flavors of projectile a "nice repertoire". She can throw glittery orbs that buzz all over the screen, fireballs that make fire tornadoes, or shoot lightning that... lightnings... Fidget was kinda lacking in the attacks department, only having three projectiles.

Well. It finally came out for the PC... and it really is every bit as brilliant as we thought it'd be (near flawless PC adaptation, too).
If it wasn't for Totalbiscuits "WTF is..." of the game, I would've missed out as the escapist didn't mention it (if it did, then I completely missed it).

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here