No Right Answer: PAX Prime 2012 Cosplay Video

PAX Prime 2012 Cosplay Video

The guys from No Right Answer compiled a video of cosplayers at this year's PAX Prime.

Watch Video

Lol cosplays, lol cosplays everywhere...

AHHH!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH! Sorry. I love cosplay and I love cosplayers. Props to everyone for all of their outfits! It's almost been a year already since I last cosplayed. Wow. I need to figure out what character I can pull off next though before I try and get stuff together for it.

Yeah - I just got back from PAX & PAXDev - exhausting, but awesome, like a non-sport Olympics. The video was certainly representative of a given hour of walking around. SO many cosplayers - perhaps 1 out of 20 people there were cosplayers of some significant effort. I spent a couple lunches just sitting on the floor of the area between the two game-showing areas (the area with the mustache store and the "bromance" pictureboard) just watching folks walk by.

Some were certainly professional - most of the massively multiplayer ones with elf outfits and such certainly had a consistency and coordiation that seemed more marketing than cosplay. But most were just folks, and it was all very cool.

One of the better professional events along these lines was the Dishonored mansion. They rented a large house on Minor Ave., and filled it with dedicated actors to create the "Three masked women" level used in press demos they've shown around. Visitors got paper masks, were served food next to a carved shark, and had strong elements of an "alternate reality game" hinted all over the mansion. Likely expensive marketing - but it was certainly in the cosplayer ethos.

The whole week ended up costing like $2,000 after hotel, food and other costs. But I got to see so much stuff, meet with folks from Ron Gilbert, to the folks from Cheapass Games, I count it as more than worth it after everything, and about a trillion times more valuable to me than a 'I've been to this landmark' kind of vacation.

Ryan Fenton

That monster hunter cosplay with the Ananta boneblade... Me gusta.

Awesome.
I really like it when people actually put time and effort into these and do characters that they are suited to do (height, weight, skin etc) and pull it of. A shame I am never going to be able to cosplay at a big event like this, would be cool as hell!

Can we declare it no longer creative to cosplay as a steampunk version of a non-steampunk character? It doesn't have to be any less awesome, just less creative.

Agh, this awesome vid of awesome cosplays is only reminding me that I have to hurry up and get my cosplays done for NYCC 2012!

Speaking of, is the Escapist going to appear at NYCC this year?

Those are some really well done cosplays. I wish I could cosplay one day.

All that league cosplay...

Chris, Kyle and their bromance, made my day.
My favorite cosplay was probably the Monster Hunter girl or Penguin.
I need to do more cosplay again.

Contradiction:
All that league cosplay...

Ooooh yes. Most of what I did not recognize I was told was League related. (I don't play because I am worried I would play waaaay too much of it.) There was a ton but given the fact that the north American regionals were going on it is not a surprise. They had a massive room for it. I am sure there are pictures of it online.

While this video is definitely.. five minutes long. Can we expect a photo gallery so we can admire individual costumes without jump cuts and bad music?

Also, just wanted to say that Dan (I think that's his name, the guy who does the eyebrow quirk) was a great sport about everything. Specifically tossing candy into a crowd and dealing with my heckling. He then gave me a candy that tasted like shit, but I deserved it for questioning his manliness.

PayneTrayne:
Also, just wanted to say that Dan (I think that's his name, the guy who does the eyebrow quirk) was a great sport about everything. Specifically tossing candy into a crowd and dealing with my heckling. He then gave me a candy that tasted like shit, but I deserved it for questioning his manliness.

I'm glad you had a good time. Yes I am Dan with the eyebrows, and I'm the one who was throwing candy. It was an absolute blast and I'm glad that everybody had fun.

What's the idea behind that Mario with the red spandex mask?

I loved that dirty Luigi. Really looked like a plumber.

I apologize for the Necro, but I really hope you guys are doing one of these videos this year too! :O

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here