The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Review

Pages PREV 1 2 3

tmande2nd:
I heard they just did a smaller DLC to get out of their 30 day deal with Microsoft.

But yeah...this is really kind of well shallow.
I mean Dawnguard added lots of content...this just added three houses.

This. I mean, the kids don't even grow up? I agree with the reviewer: "It feels like a waste of time".

Not touching Skyrim till the GOTY edition is out. Can't be assed to buy the expansion packs separately.

That's actually pretty much what I was expecting. I had friends telling me that it was going to be awesome because you could pick anywhere on the map to build your house, that building the house would be nearly Minecraftian in it's customization with you being able to place every detail yourself. I doubted that it would be this in-depth, figuring that it would pretty much be just as the video describes. Nice to see I was right. :P

kburns10:

tmande2nd:
I heard they just did a smaller DLC to get out of their 30 day deal with Microsoft.

But yeah...this is really kind of well shallow.
I mean Dawnguard added lots of content...this just added three houses.

This. I mean, the kids don't even grow up? I agree with the reviewer: "It feels like a waste of time".

Of course they don't grow up, on my current character I have logged about 90 hours, how many days have passed ingame? 65.(That is including lots of sleeping and other time wasting since I RP in skyrim, granted I did slow time by a bit.) Kids don't grow up that fast.

Nasrin:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Review

Not as personalized as you might think.

Read Full Article

Thanks for the info Nasrin, Im stilling having bugs with my Skyrim PS3 version, cant even complete a load of quests :( so I'll wait on Hearthfire till I get it for PC.

I actually only just started playing Oblivion (bought it years ago, got sidetracked by Minecraft & a few MMOs). I'll buy Skyrim when the GOTYE is out, & this will likely be bundled with it. Ugh, I still need to get Dragon Age 1 & 2 too.....

So I'm assuming they don't let you choose wall & furniture colors?

We can adopt in Skyrim? Does that mean you can get a spouse like in Fable?

likalaruku:
I actually only just started playing Oblivion (bought it years ago, got sidetracked by Minecraft & a few MMOs). I'll buy Skyrim when the GOTYE is out, & this will likely be bundled with it. Ugh, I still need to get Dragon Age 1 & 2 too.....

So I'm assuming they don't let you choose wall & furniture colors?

We can adopt in Skyrim? Does that mean you can get a spouse like in Fable?

You already were able to marry, but there's no sex or real intimacy or anything. It just opens up new gameplay features like they'll cook you a meal a day and will open a "shop" to share with you.

No, you don't choose any colors in home building.

I hope in other expansions you can customize your house a little better, we all know what Bethesda are like, they release something, then in another expansion, they fix a few of the issues in the last one and improve it a little -.-

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 4442)