Escapist News Wrap: Valve's New Hardware and Minecraft PAX Party

Valve's New Hardware and Minecraft PAX Party

This week, a job posting hints at Valve getting into the hardware market. Notch is also upset over an incident that occurred at the Minecraft PAX Party, EA isn't interested in single-player experience and a developer comments on easy mode ruining games.

Watch Video

Two weeks ago I was one of the commenters noting the awkward between-story pauses; this week I think that problem is pretty much gone, Greg. And you did it entirely with delivery, rather than changing the technical side! Nice work!

Thanks UNHchabo. It gets easier the more times you do it!

UNHchabo:
Two weeks ago I was one of the commenters noting the awkward between-story pauses; this week I think that problem is pretty much gone, Greg. And you did it entirely with delivery, rather than changing the technical side! Nice work!

More or less wanted to say the same. I'm sure it's quite strange talking at a camera, but this episode (for lack of a better word) was greatly improved and felt much more natural than the previous couple I'd watched. I had missed most of those stories, as well, so the summaries (and several well-deserved snarks) were quite nice.

The only awkward bit for me was the tone-change, accompanied by picture-change, during the scorning of the Minecraft Partier's tactics - felt like you were going into a new segment rather than a continuation of the same thing.
Other than that, this all felt much smoother than the previous weeks and highlighted some interesting things. Keep up the good work! (:

wats geek cosplay

But books do have an Easy Mode. It is technically DLC, but you can get the audio version for listening instead of reading.

orangeapples:
But books do have an Easy Mode. It is technically DLC, but you can get the audio version for listening instead of reading.

Well played, sir.

Its news I want to hear, thats enough for me. Keep it up

EA acting like idiots is not news, its a law of nature!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here