LoadingReadyRun: Fairy Godparent

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fairy Godparent

The economy is even affecting the Fairy industry.

Watch Video

So the Fairy Godparent industry has been relegated from "Giant Fantasy problems" to 'Middle class, 1st world white person problems"?

No wonder the old lady retired. I wouldn't want to hear a bunch of entitled teens whine about how someone 'totally dissed their shit on Facebook' or that their dad bought them the wrong car. Fuck that.

On a side note; i've noticed quite a few movies at the moment seem to have the major antagonizing factors be "1st world" problems. No one cares that you are mildly quirky as school, write a screenplay about people with REAL problems you Hollywood assholes, there is a borderline depression going on.

James, be glad you nailed that job. The tooth fairy gig is effectively glorified burglary and they stopped replacing our uniforms when they get ripped apart by attack dogs.

If you don't know what the Labyrinth is you don't deserve a fairy godparent.

I work at a school and I have to say this is pretty accurate. My favorite thing a kid say is, "no this is my backup ipod. My iphone is at home in case teachers take it from me again I had to buy a 3rd."

The stinger was amazing... gotta love 1 direction!

wait, whats the opposite of love?

Want to strangle kids like that. So much. Really good video guys :) Also Doom Booties :D

Oh man. That puncline had me laughing hard. Well done guys. Also, so what if David Bowie's a little old? Him being 65 makes it so impressive that he's still the sexiest man alive.

The job market does suck.

Hilarious depiction of a high school student too, doesn't seem that far off from what I remember of those people.

David Bowie will be forever young!

rosac:

Oh... I thought they were just, names.

Reminds me of 'My sweet Sixteen' where you watch money being poured into the Ocean. Metaphorically speaking.

rosac:

I've found it's not a word so much as it is a deep, primal roar/growl followed by a session of crying.

Also, I was subjected to listening to each of the two bit One Direction songs every day for the entirety of summer with no way to avoid them. As such, I don't consider my thought or reactions to be unjustified.

Ok, so Kathleen can do a whiny teenager really well // A little too well tho

The fact that James is wearing the sunglasses works in this // Kind oh balances out that he is wearing angle wings, until after the end credits when he loses all of his manly points

-M

What does she mean, aren't all fairy godmothers women?
She needs to watch "The Fairly Oddparents." You know, with Cosmo as well as Wanda.
Also, JORGEN VON STRANGLE.

Also, didn't expect a mention of Labyrinth, but bonus points for it. Now I gotta see if I can see that movie again.

great character Kathleen!

DVS BSTrD:

Agreed. Labyrinth should be required viewing.

Labyrinth mention: + 1
No mention of David Bowie's pants-pumpkin: - 1

So I guess the video was okay then. James and Kathleen both fucking nailed it though!

But if the fairy wouldn't give her an ID why would he buy her beer?

Aris Khandr:

DVS BSTrD:

Yep, everyone should experience the glory of David Bowie playing with his shiny balls :p

Sometimes...

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who doesn't like Labyrinth.

Captcha: We're not for everyone. Just the 1% that matters. ByzantiumSecurity

So... there is a conspiracy, and we are all peasants.

So...my first reaction to the video (other than it was funny) was that she could just buy skinny jeans with a $100 gift certificate. However, I then fact-checked the price of Guess skinny jeans. Although the video premise was proved to be accurate, I find myself hating people for a world where people pay $140 for jeans.

Azuaron:
Sometimes...

I'm right there with you, buddy. Solidarity.

Azuaron:
Sometimes...

Shun the nonbeliever! Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnn! Shuuuuunnnnn!

I unapologetically love this movie. The only movie I've watched more is The Little Mermaid.

PayneTrayne:
Labyrinth mention: + 1
No mention of David Bowie's pants-pumpkin: - 1

So I guess the video was okay then. James and Kathleen both fucking nailed it though!

But if the fairy wouldn't give her an ID why would he buy her beer?

Because he is sick of arguing with her, mostly.

I demand the future return of James Fairy Godperson character! He is truly awesome.

Aris Khandr:

Azuaron:
Sometimes...

Shun the nonbeliever! Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnn! Shuuuuunnnnn!

I unapologetically love this movie. The only movie I've watched more is The Little Mermaid.

Oh God I just cringed so hard my spine snapped in half.

I unapologetically despise what Disney did to Anderson's wonderful faerie tale.

Nasrin:
David Bowie will be forever young!

I thought he was a shape-shifting supervillain, or was I mislead by the Venture Brothers?

Also, "What's Labyrinth?" ?! WHAT'S LABYRINTH?!!!
Heresey! HERESEY!!!
And if you just read the above in the Dalek voice, you win.

tomvw:
Yep, everyone should experience the glory of David Bowie playing with his shiny balls :p

To be fair, someone else was playing with his shiny balls at that moment...

"I have 9 other 17 year olds to cram in."

May not want to say that on film.

End up on dateline.

DVS BSTrD:

Aris Khandr:

tomvw:

To be fair. If they know about Labyrinth they are probably to old for godparents, or their parents are already so awesome that you don't need any.

Mydnyght:
What does she mean, aren't all fairy godmothers women?
She needs to watch "The Fairly Oddparents." You know, with Cosmo as well as Wanda.
Also, JORGEN VON STRANGLE.

Also, didn't expect a mention of Labyrinth, but bonus points for it. Now I gotta see if I can see that movie again.

I think we can all agree that Kathleen should have wished for a super toilet.

"Yo. You whined for me?"

I rather liked James' scruffy deadpan characterization.

If only we were allowed to talk like that to kids at work... I can dream.

heh Doom Booties.
At first i was like "oh no teen skit" then it actually turned out well

This was great, until the joke about the lack of jobs and economic downturn. These jokes are old and overdone.

Doom Booties is back!

Oh, and the skit was good too.

They outsourced most of the Fairy Godparents to India.

mcnally86:
I work at a school and I have to say this is pretty accurate. My favorite thing a kid say is, "no this is my backup ipod. My iphone is at home in case teachers take it from me again I had to buy a 3rd."

LOL.

I'm sad for the world now.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook