Unskippable: The Witcher 2, Part Two

The Witcher 2, Part Two

The Witcher 2 and the punching mini-game.

Watch Video

I know this game has a assassin's creed reference thanks to achievement hunter.

Much like the actual game, everything feels terrible in comparison to that initial cutscene (last week)...

Sadly the one prison Geralt could never escape from was the prison of his own mind.

Taking it easy this time, eh?

I do remember the game looking a fair deal better though... What settings are you capping the video from?

Bors Mistral:
Taking it easy this time, eh?

I do remember the game looking a fair deal better though... What settings are you capping the video from?

I got the idea that they were using the Xbox 360 version, I don't think I can recall them doing any PC-exclusive games on Unskippable.

Pretty good episode, and as to the 'punching mini-game' text box, I have to wonder why the actual punching mini-game is a mini-game, instead of them just implementing a melee fisticuffs system. Though I feel the same way about Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Graham's "*voip*, *floop*" made me cringe... The sounds were somehow too visual

I got this at a bargain price from Steam, so dang complex and starts with a tutorial! I've barely touched it for that reason, but am advised I'm missing a lot.

Please continue. I love this game!

uh, "Voop. Flop." is the most disturbing imagery in an episode of Unskippable to date.

Keep it up!

Did you really have to cut it right before the naked Triss scene?

5ilver:
Did you really have to cut it right before the naked Triss scene?

They did what now?

captcha: Get The Hopper Free
Given Graham's sound-effects about Geralt being a male stripper, that's an odd name for his penis.

Does anyone else realize how pathetic those guards are when the only way they can get their kicks is by beating on people who can't hit back.

Capcha: "she's a witch"
o_0

Darth_Payn:
They did what now?

The flashback they were about to go into starts off with Geralt waking up next to his highly-attractive lover, whose sleepwear (or rather utter lack thereof) gives us a good indication of what she and Geralt were doing the night before.

I'm hoping for a part 3.

I like how the restraints pop in after the scene starts. WITCHCRAFT!

DVS BSTrD:
Sadly the one prison Geralt could never escape from was the prison of his own mind.

That and the jail.

Random Wanderer:

Darth_Payn:
They did what now?

The flashback they were about to go into starts off with Geralt waking up next to his highly-attractive lover, whose sleepwear (or rather utter lack thereof) gives us a good indication of what she and Geralt were doing the night before.

awww we missed out. TO YOUTUBE FOR GAME PLAY!

CardinalPiggles:
I'm hoping for a part 3.

yeah, it just felt incomplete

Is this the console version ? It looks really bad.

Shame we didn't get to see the bit where Geralt gets to punch those two guards the hell out.

"Voop, floop" is my new chat up line.

You should work on your sense of humor . The episodes have become really lame lately .

canadamus_prime:
Does anyone else realize how pathetic those guards are when the only way they can get their kicks is by beating on people who can't hit back.

I thought that was the way all guards in fantasy fiction/films/games get their kicks?

Balkan:
You should work on your sense of humor . The episodes have become really lame lately .

Ouch! That was a bit personal, wasn't it?

OT: I think this is the first time I've heard the word "ploughing" used in the modern slang sense in a sword & sorcery setting! (Assuming I heard that right.) I was half-expecting Geralt to say something like "I'd rag that" after the woman left the room.

MetalMagpie:

Ouch! That was a bit personal, wasn't it?

I hurt them because I like them .

I feel like a part 2 wasn't really warranted, since it doesn't really relate to part 1 (and part 1 had a cooler cutscene). Still, nice commentary as always. And as others have said, a shame about the timely cut. ;)
It's rare that you guys actually cover a good game, too. Not quite as good as those random JRPG Unskippables, though.

MetalMagpie:

canadamus_prime:

I thought that was the way all guards in fantasy fiction/films/games get their kicks

What does that say about guards in fantasy fiction, films, and games then?

canadamus_prime:

MetalMagpie:

canadamus_prime:

I thought that was the way all guards in fantasy fiction/films/games get their kicks

That they're pathetic, slimy, cruel, no-good characters. That's kinda the point. The dashingly handsome hero gets imprisoned and victimised by cowardly guards, who wouldn't dare pick a fight with him if he had his hands free. Then - when he inevitably escapes - he kills/humiliates (depending on the film's rating) a few of them on his way out.

I'm sure there's a comment here about unfair stereotyping of prison wardens...

MetalMagpie:

canadamus_prime:

MetalMagpie:

That they're pathetic, slimy, cruel, no-good characters. That's kinda the point. The dashingly handsome hero gets imprisoned and victimised by cowardly guards, who wouldn't dare pick a fight with him if he had his hands free. Then - when he inevitably escapes - he kills/humiliates (depending on the film's rating) a few of them on his way out.

I'm sure there's a comment here about unfair stereotyping of prison wardens...

Well I wouldn't call Geralt dashingly handsome, but yeah ok.

part 2 was...lacking. prob cuz stuff actually happened in part 1 =.= and that's not saying much
or a lot, idk lol

I've been playing the game with the Polish voice work, so hearing it in English kind of threw me off...

Just wanted to say Thank You Paul and Grahm. I've been an avid Unskippable viewer from episode 1.

Just wanted to say Thank You Paul and Grahm. I've been an avid Unskippable viewer from episode 1.

Ah, they really missed out on the flashback.

Naked ladies and stuff.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here