Media Sandwich: Media Sandwich Episode 21

Media Sandwich Episode 21

Ma Parents Weres Killed: On today's very special PAX Prime 2012 wrap-up, Chris and Kyle are joined by the last part of the No Right Answer trifecta, Dan Epstein, along with Chris' wife Sharayah and Kyle's soon-to-be wife Rosely, all so they can properly geek out about PAX and everything they collectively saw at the expo, including panels, games, and cosplay galore.

Watch Video

I am sharing this on Facebook because of the "Possumman" story alone.

But it's not like you guys aren't funny most of the time, but that was hilarious.

Wow, I can totally relate to the "you're grounded, so no Nintendo 64" situation! It makes me seem more like Chris, who is awesome. (But Kyle and Dan are also fun to listen to. It's just that Chris is the funniest, and okay I'll shut up now given that I might be offending Kyle or Dan, except maybe not because you guys are that cool.)

Anyways, it's interesting how many games and movies (such as Tales of Symphonia and Sucker Punch) end with "Yeah, you know about this whole story or mindset you've invested in? Yeah, it's all for naught or worse." They make you think, and thinking is a blast for your brain cells.

I really hope Chris stops eating anytime soon [I'm ten minutes in]. It is annoying like hell to have to listen to people eat.

I enjoyed the podcast so far, and I realise it's an exception, but: Never. Ever. Eat. Again. While recording. Thank you.

There really was a Possum Man, who just died a few months ago http://erikstewartpossum.blogspot.co.nz/

Normaly I let you guys get away with nonsensical Jibber Jabber but not this time. How dare you scoff at kilts and Vern.

The Highland games have been running from June 5th untill this last weekend. http://www.kelso.gov/visitors/highlander-festival The last game was in Kelso this weekend. And if you don't know where Kelso is then you guys don't drive the I-5 like I thought. Which would make the spike strips I set up on Ol' Highway 99 useless for catching internet celebrities. Just kidding the Penny Arcade guys got stuck on Old Highway 99.

My second bone of contention is you can't just write a personality for Vern Fonk! He is a famous round these parts. He gives ya auto insurance no matter what ya dont witch' ur car. Also he's on the TV! But ya he does look pretty seedy.

Overall though good show

Sorry I was watching more Vern Fonk commercials and thought I should add this one too.

It actually starts with them saying you could be safe or drive your car with Vern Fonk. DUIs no problem.

That was a lot of fun. It makes me sad I didn't go to PAX. At least I'll get the chance to see Chris at the Escapist Expo. And by 'see' I mean that I'll look at him from a distance, try to trick myself into approaching, and then crawl away in shame at not being able to man-up and do so. I've never met an internet celebrity before.

Best part of Germany: Wacken.

Kapol:
That was a lot of fun. It makes me sad I didn't go to PAX. At least I'll get the chance to see Chris at the Escapist Expo. And by 'see' I mean that I'll look at him from a distance, try to trick myself into approaching, and then crawl away in shame at not being able to man-up and do so. I've never met an internet celebrity before.

Do it man! Chris wants you to come up and say hi, just remember that!

Kapol:

I am very approachable. I'm like a bear, insomuch as I'm probably more afraid of you than you are of me, though I am capable of mauling the ever-loving hell out of your face if I feel my cubs are threatened.

mcnally86:
Sorry I was watching more Vern Fonk commercials and thought I should add this one too.

It actually starts with them saying you could be safe or drive your car with Vern Fonk. DUIs no problem.

I honestly can't determine whether these are all spoof videos or if that's really the marketing strategy at work. Either way, I approve!

Firefilm:
Do it man! Chris wants you to come up and say hi, just remember that!

Shush now. You and your logic. You're going to make my self-doubt feel bad.

Chris Pranger:
I am very approachable. I'm like a bear, insomuch as I'm probably more afraid of you than you are of me, though I am capable of mauling the ever-loving hell out of your face if I feel my cubs are threatened.

I am overdue for a mauling. But at least you hold the advantage of not stumbling over every other word you speak. Nor having no idea what to say. Of course, perhaps you do, which would make for a very awkward hello.

Chris Pranger:
I honestly can't determine whether these are all spoof videos or if that's really the marketing strategy at work. Either way, I approve!

His strategy is to sell insurance to people who insurers find too risky to insure. It takes an interesting guys to do that. By interesting I mean does he have fangs?

Curious about the geth decision is that you might not even be thinking in terms of the religious angle for it. It's pretty much assumed that you aren't exactly going to immediately go deal with the "good" geth right now so it becomes more of a decision of whether you want to let the "good" geth expand their ranks. For one militarily, and for another...just the way the geth are set up intellectually. The more platforms and processes they have, the more processing power the entity called Geth has. I wanted to be friendly with the "good" geth and see them thrive so I chose the rewrite, even through Tali (who was my character's love interest) complaining about it. Hmm, I guess the "bad" geth got someone natzi-ized to me and I didn't really think of their perspective.

Wow this episode took me so long to listen to. Listened to it all over the course of 12 hours. And because it's taken me so long to listen to I've forgotten what else I was going to say here... Oh well.

You should all definitely come out here to Australia, for real. Don't worry, only most of the stuff here will kill you, and usually only if you make eye contact. Aus PAX has got me pretty pumped up.

FYI, i dunno if its on my end or not, but I'm not getting video just audio

White Trash Batman may be the funniest thing you guys have ever done

RTR:
White Trash Batman may be the funniest thing you guys have ever done

Agreed. That was just hilarious. Someone needs to make that into a web series.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here