Trailers: Dead or Alive 5 - Mila Vignette

Dead or Alive 5 - Mila Vignette

Sparring amidst a subway crash is pretty much the definition of X-treme.

Watch Video

Mmmmm, cutting edge sweat rendering.

this did remind me of how much i hate zack, thank god he got sacked at the start.

Did anyone else notice how the city was kinda falling apart as they fought? Because they certainly didn't...
I'm not really into fighting games, but I have to say I'm surprised by how basic the hit animations are. Every time that first guy took a punch he lerped back to the same position... Looked a bit weird.
Hopefully this isn't the best the genre has to offer.

Now I want this game for PC :/

Did any of the older DoA games actually have "story"? I only remember being able to switch arenas.

Dexter111:
Did any of the older DoA games actually have "story"? I only remember being able to switch arenas.

Every DoA features a story of some sort.
It is rather basic in DoA but since DoA2 it is probably the most comprehensible of the 3D fighters. Which does not say much considering the competition...
Anyway: Yes they have.

Tbh... all those VF characters in DoA5 make me want to have a VF6 and not DoA5...

Zhukov:

y-yes....look a-at.

All the skill involved...

ehm

>_>

<_<

o_o

Zhukov:

Indeed, and it's nice to see that Tina is still as...."bubbly" as always...

Extragorey:
Did anyone else notice how the city was kinda falling apart as they fought? Because they certainly didn't...

I was thinking that too...they knock over a billboard which causes a train to derail in a most horrific manner (likely killing everyone inside) and the carnage just keeps on going. But it's all good, we've got two hot chicks in a sparring match! Collateral damage is just a trivial detail.

Dexter111:

Like most fighting games, DoA has a pretty loose story that shifts depending on which fighter you're playing through the story mode as. Most of the ninja fighters, for instance, are/were trying to stop an evil corporation called DOATEC from creating an army of super soldiers based off the fighting skills of the world's best fighters (which is why DOATEC have their little fighting tournament: to analyze all the styles and moves of these fighters). Other characters are just trying to win the tournament for the money and to prove their abilities are the best.

antipunt:

Zhukov:

y-yes....look a-at.

ehm

>_>

<_<

o_o

Lol you'll be happy to know that the collectors edition has bonus swimsuit DLC for all the female characters.

Dexter111:

Did any of the older DoA games actually have "story"?

Yup. Quoted from Dead or Alive 5 Official Site

"After her brother Hayate was almost killed by Raidou, a crazed ninja who had been expelled from the village, Kasumi took over as the eighteenth head of the Mugen Tenshin Clan. But in her breast burned only the flames of vengeance - she longed for revenge on the man who had taken her kind and strong brother from her, and who had stolen the village's greatest treasure.

Knowing that any ninja leaving the village was considered a traitor and would be punished with death, Kasumi nevertheless snuck out in pursuit of her adversary, eventually finding herself at the Dead or Alive fighting tournament.

Under the watchful gaze of her half-sister Ayane, sent to secretly follow her, Kasumi defeated Raidou. But no sooner did she claim victory than a mighty explosion ripped Raidou's body to shreds, leaving Kasumi herself nowhere to be seen...

Following the tournament's conclusion, it was revealed that its main sponsor Fame Douglas had been assassinated. The various participants went their separate ways, as the whole event became shrouded in a veil of mystery and uncertainty."

jbm1986:

antipunt:

Zhukov:

y-yes....look a-at.

ehm

>_>

<_<

o_o

Lol you'll be happy to know that the collectors edition has bonus swimsuit DLC for all the female characters.

Jaw hits the floor

RJ 17:

Extragorey:

I was thinking that too...they knock over a billboard which causes a train to derail in a most horrific manner (likely killing everyone inside) and the carnage just keeps on going. But it's all good, we've got two hot chicks in a sparring match! Collateral damage is just a trivial detail.

Pretty much like a superhero or giant mechas battle. The collateral damage is more for coolness than tragedy. The Devs must have joked a lot with this battle.

Anyway great scenarios in this new DoA

jbm1986:

It is funny that the same team designed the clothes for Mila's second battle. Totally casual and realistic (and I am not sarcastic). Very nice.

antipunt:

jbm1986:
-snip-

Jaw hits the floor

Better pick that jaw up before somebody makes another sexism thread.

jbm1986:

Yup. Quoted from Dead or Alive 5 Official Site

I know that they technically had a "story", but since when does it employ cutscenes and extra places etc. outside of the fight to show it.

I remember playing Dead or Alive 2 and/or 3 over at friends (usually Versus), but never noticed that about the game and since they didn't release on PC I didn't much care for it beyond that and played games like Street Fighter IV (and previous), the old Mortal Kombat's etc. instead :P Also some more obscure ones like Brutal Paws of Fury xD

Waiting for Skull Girls, but I'd totally get the latest Mortal Kombat or Dead or Alive 5 if thy released em on PC.

jbm1986:
Better pick that jaw up before somebody makes another sexism thread.

Oh... those...

Grahav:

RJ 17:

Extragorey:

Pretty much like a superhero or giant mechas battle. The collateral damage is more for coolness than tragedy. The Devs must have joked a lot with this battle.

Anyway great scenarios in this new DoA

:P Don't get me wrong, I'm a DoA fan and will be picking this game up. Looks pretty fun, I'm wondering if it's gonna do that slow-motion zoom-in thing at the end of every fight or if it's some kind of "finish move" type thing.

As for the damage, with Superheroes at least the destruction is balanced by "Yeah, we're sorry, but if we didn't fight that guy things would be a LOT worse!" This is literally two girls just having a SPARRING match. Sparring. A practice fight to see each other's skills. All that destruction just for that. There in lies the joke, but at the same time I'm not gonna sit here and say it didn't look sweet....with the train car flying out of the building and smashing into one of the fighters. :P

So Dead or Alive wannabes are the reason for inter-city vandalism. I have always suspected.

Dude, she survived being hit by a train car going at least forty MPH, and falling off a four story building. And she's got nice tits. I think she's ready for DoA. You can stop hitting her in the face now.

Seeing dem jiggle physics at work. Good job I must say...

lol. japan, you cray.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here