Trailers: Resident Evil 6 - Live Action Trailer

Resident Evil 6 - Live Action Trailer

Which button do you press to fall to your knees and pray?

Watch Video

This really didn't seem like it suited Resident Evil at all. I understand where the trailer was trying to do- but seeing all the movies and seeing this trailer, it just doesn't work for me. The first movie was about a team exploring the research facility, then trying to escape it. Second movie was about Raccoon City being invaded by zombies... then the third was about the world being a waste land......... then the, fourth was, about .. .. the protagonist stopping Wesker on his cruise ship, and.. yeah I don't even know where these movies are heading anymore.

EDIT: Wait is this trailer for the game Resident Evil 6, or is it for the upcoming Resident Evil movie.

2nd EDIT: Derp- it's for the Resident Evil 6 game. I was thinking movie since I read live action as the movie live action. Apologies, thus I also realized that the next movie is going to be the 5th one so there's no way this would be the trailer for the 6th one since there is no 6th movie out for the Resident Evil series.

Time get out my baseball bat and introduce it to the knee caps of whoever thought making live action trailers for videogames was a good idea.

Caramel Frappe:
This really didn't seem like it suited Resident Evil at all. I understand where the trailer was trying to do- but seeing all the movies and seeing this trailer, it just doesn't work for me. The first movie was about a team exploring the research facility, then trying to escape it. Second movie was about Raccoon City being invaded by zombies... then the third was about the world being a waste land......... then the, fourth was, about .. .. the protagonist stopping Wesker on his cruise ship, and.. yeah I don't even know where these movies are heading anymore.

Ummm You DO know this is for the game series itself right?

Kinda glad of hearing portuguese in the trailer.

DVS BSTrD:
Time get out by baseball bat and introduce it to the knee caps of whoever thought making live action trailers for videogames was a good idea.

I was going to point out that this tells us nothing about the game, but this ^ gentle(wo)man did it for me.

Kind of like the 10 min "Gameplay" video for MGS that had < 1 min actual gameplay. Only this is worse.

*Sigh*

Not sure what's more saddening: Video Game marketing? Or the fact that it's successful?

Terrible ad. I can't say much more than that.

Appropriating such strong sentiments and emotions involved in praying and the sense of desperation for another Resident Evil game just doesn't fit.

It tells us very little about the game and it really just doesn't fit the game. In fact, I'm guessing that there's more depth and emotional resonance in this trailer than the whole of the actual game.

And I'm saying that as someone who generally really likes Resident Evil. Stick with the "hey guess who's in this game" and "huge action sequences and explosions" content instead in ads. Because that's probably going to make people a lot more excited to play the game than this. This just sort of made me feel depressed, which I doubt is something they want to instill in people seeing this.

Krantos:
Kind of like the 10 min "Gameplay" video for MGS that had < 1 min actual gameplay. Only this is worse.

That's Metal Gear though, the cutscenes count as gameplay. At least that's what Kojima would say.

As for the trailer... ..I don't know anything more about the game now than I did before watching the trailer. This doesn't make me want to buy the game.

This trailer actually worked for me. It has convinced me that this game is set in a place where there is no hope left, everything is bleak and you'll be fighting a losing war. That is, if the game is actually about said things >.>.

could be this one the worst Resident Evil game trailer ever? ... and about the tagline "No Hope Left" who needs hope when you have guns ;) haha :P

search_rip:
could be this one the worst Resident Evil game trailer ever? ... and about the tagline "No Hope Left" who needs hope when you have guns ;) haha :P

Yes, "Survival Horror" loses the 'horror' a bit when you have guns doesn't it?

I would have thought this trailer would suite the Walking Dead game more. Or maybe that Post Apocalyptic Zombie game which is coming out soon with pretty colours. To contrast between the bleak event and the colourful nature goes "YAY HUMANS ARE DEAD, LETS MAKE THINGS PRETTY".

DVS BSTrD:
Time get out by baseball bat and introduce it to the knee caps of whoever thought making live action trailers for videogames was a good idea.

Caramel Frappe:

.. Sorry, haha I didn't know at first. Like I said I made a mistake

I did however do the edits on my original post before you commented though.

Caramel Frappe:

DVS BSTrD:

Caramel Frappe:

.. Sorry, haha I didn't know at first. Like I said I made a mistake

I did however do the edits on my original post before you commented though.

Well, not before I got here you didn't :P

No Hope Left. I'm Leon Kennedy bring all the nutjobs you can i'll teach'em a lesson. chuckles away

Left with more questions than answers, and as stated really couldn't tell it was something to do with Resident Evil. Looked like another episode of 28 something later.

This is the worst live action trailer I've ever seen; if I hadn't read that it was for RE6 I wouldn't have known. It was pointless and (quite honestly) boring, all it was, was a bunch of people praying for some miracle to save them and not actually having any real relevance to the Resident Evil series/game.

Also

DVS BSTrD:

I completely agree with you 110%, I'll bring bring my nine iron (golf club).

Well, -I- liked it. And it raises an interesting question about the world of Resident Evil. What is everyday life like now? How has the ecosystem been affected by Umbrella's experiments? We saw bits and piece of that in 5 and 4, but the question still stands.

And more importantly, how do human beings cope? How do people deal with the fact that times have changed, that there are real monsters in the world now, lurking in the dark places, waiting to strike from under the bed or inside the closet? How does the world deal with monsters that are not only not beings of superstition and legend, but have actually been engineered by science?

Haunting... Simply haunting...

*sniff*

Well enough of that! Let's go roundhouse kick people with giant tentacles for heads!

Pretty lame trailer.

Would make more sense if the RE series were more Horror Survival rather than Action Shooter w/monsters.

Most people complained about 4 and 5 not being scary. I never thought the series was scary in the first place, but then neither did the rest of you. Most people pray for a Utopia, we gamers pray for enough ammo, a good supply of food, and 95% of the population as rotted Bullet Catchers.

I liked this commercial because it's how the rest of the world would ACTUALLY BE if there was a plague that was unstoppable, and it lead to a never-ending of mindless, unreasonable killing machine descending onto your door step with the only thought of ending your life is the worst way imaginable.

Remember the fear and unrest that America felt for years afterwards over 9/11. I live twenty miles away from NYC, and used to go there every weekend. I stayed away for months after the attacks. I felt safe seeing the army and police out in droves. That was a singular attack that was easy to prevent by making New York City a no-fly zone and having jet planes in the air. And even then, for the first few weeks, people stopped and looked at the planes and wondered what should they do next.

Normal people don't believe they would rise up as an unstoppable force, with reflexes finely honed by watching zombie movies and playing games. Normal people would realize that even if they were capable, their loved ones and protecting those dear to them would slow them down. This trailer depicted normal people hearing the fact that not only have the dead come back to life, but there are actual monsters that most weapons can not put down.

That is the apocalypse in most people's minds. It will illicit emotion. Go on them for showing that.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here