Overstrike Becomes Fuse

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Overstrike Becomes Fuse

Overstrike becomes Fuse and looses a little in the conversion.

Read Full Article

Hmmm, I preferred it when it was more Ratchet and Clank and less Resistance.

However, I do have a lot of faith in Insomniac and I'm curious to see how this turns out.

That E3 2011 trailer was really awesome and fun and got me excited for the game. Now, they took pretty much everything that made that interesting, shifted the tone, and I'm not looking forward to this as much. It's Insomniac, which means the gameplay will still probably be great, but they've neutered the charm and enthusiasm out of it.

I'm also a little worried that without the charm, Fuse will bomb.

*sigh*

another reason to hate on EA (not my words but you know its coming)

Eh. I am not really interested in it now. It just looks so bland now.

So the Terran Republic are now a terrorist faction? Sorry but I've been playing the PS2 beta for a bit and when I saw red and black cannon fodder all I thought about was TR (Lets face it that boss might as well have been a MAX).

hmm looks pretty boring now.
They should have made it like the trailer. I would be looking forward to a game like that.

Just wait for XCOM and you wont even know what "Fuse" is when Oct 9th rolls around.

Huh, the trailer looked so awesome, I loved the style...but then looking at the screen caps..it looks so bland..

Less TF2... I approve. Will hold off complete judgement till, you know, the game is made and all.

[Insert Name Here]:
That E3 2011 trailer was really awesome and fun and got me excited for the game. Now, they took pretty much everything that made that interesting, shifted the tone, and I'm not looking forward to this as much. It's Insomniac, which means the gameplay will still probably be great, but they've neutered the charm and enthusiasm out of it.

Agreed I was considering buying this which would have been a first for an EA backed game in years, for the simple reason it was funny and made by Insomniac. Now my interest has cooled some what. I imagine the guns and that will be fun but the game lacks the certain Insomniac charm that is usually present in their games for me.

Oh and a side note for EA. Keep your grubby hands of Insomniac! You have already taken Bullfrog and Pandemic from me, you are not getting Insomniac too or so help you god I will end you!

Sober Thal:
Less TF2... I approve.

WHAT? you awful awful person...gritty is the devils visual style and you obviously drown puppies in your spare time to say such a thing

Will hold off complete judgement till, you know, the game is made and all.

what is this?....why do you say things that make no sense..I don't understand any of that 0_0....[1]

[1] to cover my ass yes this is me joking

Vault101:

Sober Thal:
Less TF2... I approve.

WHAT? you awful awful person...gritty is the devils visual style and you obviously drown puppies in your spare time to say such a thing

Yeah, sorry about that. I get that a lot.

I just really, really hate puppies.

Eugh. Just... eugh.

I...

Eugh.

*headdesk*

This is depressing. Really depressing.

What's even their excuse for this change? Everyone was praising the light hearted tone and quirky characters. Were they even paying attention?

No, clearly not.

If developers tone down grittiness and scale up level of crazy the game still might get interesting
But since this is EA I'm almost sure they will make all the wrong moves :(

[Insert Name Here]:

Well let's hope this is a one-time deal. I'd hate to see them instantly try to shift Ratchet and Clank into some cigar-chomping, grizzled and angry war vet with Clank being some bigass terminator-styled robot with no mouth and a Cylon eye scanner.

Unless it was just for parody, of course, and immediately revert back to normal R&C.

Agreed though that the charm of the original was really great. I'd of loved the trailer even if Insomniac's name wasn't on it, the name just guarantees some crazy guns and strong gameplay. I'd like to see why they decided on the shift. Is this like some Reverse-Borderlands where they went from silly to serious?

Hmm. I was looking forward to this.
I mean, it still looks alright, but the trailer looked a lot better.

The death dealing is so light hearted in this trailer! Teeheee... let's snap some necks!

Ugh, I really loved the look, feel and characters of the original trailer, its really disheartening to see this happen to the characters.

Hey, it`s Binary Domain 2.
As much as i like BD i don`t want this for Fuse. The old trailer is awesome and it felt unique, now it looks boring. The new character designs are so fucking uninteresting. I really don`t get why this change was necesscary.

Its the wait and see affect. Got me thinking of how I felt when I saw the cell shading for Wind Waker, instead of that what was in the infamous link vs Gannon trailer that was circulating before the new title was announced.

Well screw you to Imsomniac, I haven't bought any of your games since Ratchet and Clank Gladiator, anyway!

And I bought all of them used to!

just one question comes to mind, "Why?" i mean, seriously, you had this awesome trailer with great style and light hearted 4 players co-op, something that is so rare to see, and turn it into "gears of binary i dont even care", i dont really investigate in these things so someone correct me if im wrong, but i smell the hand of the publisher in this xd

I watched the trailer and I was like, "WOOOOHOOO! Borderlands 3 Overstrike!"

Then I read the article and I had a sad.

The artstyle shift is a huge pain. Honestly I like co-op shooters and the "New" gameplay shift probably works better, but we didn't know anything about the gameplay before anyways. So with subdued humor and more realistic visuals they're getting rid of the two things that sold me on the game in the first place. Uber-lame.

The change in style and tone makes me sad. Still seems like it'll be good, but I would've preferred if it was more like its 2011 trailer. That trailer made the game look fun and interesting, this one makes it look like... bleh.

Wonder why they changed styles.

urgh. So they want to have independence of their studio and they go to EA? Really? Should have stuck with Sony. I really hope this is a one time deal with EA and after that they decide to go to someone else. Or back to Sony. I was really excited for Overstrike. It looked like an amazing game. Now this. I'm sure the weapons and gameplay will be tight and interesting but the humour that was in the trailer would have made it better.

Yes I know it wasn't a gameplay trailer but I was hoping it was indication of what the gameplay would be like and I was hoping the game would be colourful and game humour. Now it sounds like its yet ANOTHER serious game about a unnamed terrorist group from an unnamed region with robots. WHY EA! WHY! I really hope its EA's influence and not some direction decided by the heads at Insomniac.

Now, I'm not saying EA is responsible for this change, I'm just heavily implying it.

robotam:
Now, I'm not saying EA is responsible for this change, I'm just heavily implying it.

Can I say it? I really wanna say it...

Looks like some marketer saw it and went, "This doesn't look HD.. we need it to look HD."

I actually really liked this trailer, but I never saw the trailer for Overstrike so I've not the prior knowledge to be upset about the changes.

Kopikatsu:
I actually really liked this trailer, but I never saw the trailer for Overstrike so I've not the prior knowledge to be upset about the changes.

That is the original trailer, the screenshots are what the game looks like now.

I was seriously and honestly interested in this game purely because of the trailer. It seemed like a great combination of the zaniness of Borderlands with the heavy team-focus of Left4Dead. At worst, the game would be compared too heavily with Borderlands's style.
Borderlands's developer even wondered out loud why nobody was making iterations on their gamestyle.

Then EA comes and pulls this.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or