GinxTV: Rayman Legends Preview

Rayman Legends Preview

Ginx helps us learn how the Wii U is helping out the Rayman franchise.

Watch Video

I saw this in GAME today as a pre-order and my heart skipped a beat... or you know something less lame. Origins was awesome and what with Pikmin 3 on the way im definatly getting a Wii-U. Multi-player like that might be a problem though, Origins was hard... really hard.

Not sure how I feel about this preveiw vid though, don't get me wrong it felt very professional and it did talk about a negative aspect, but it felt very... er... sales-y, if you get what I mean.

Also, whos the Viking girl, kind of looks like Betilla.

This how you make people want a console.

And for once it's not just the PC gamers Ubisoft is leaving out in the cold. Solidarity!

Is this game coming to other platforms?, specifically, is this game coming for PC?, I loved Rayman Origins.

SupahGamuh:
Is this game coming to other platforms?, specifically, is this game coming for PC?, I loved Rayman Origins.

short answer no.
Long answer nooooooooooot known at this time.

I really find it annoying that devs are pulling this sort of thing.
It's one thing to go from an exclusive to a multi-platform game. It's a completely different, and asinine, thing to do the reverse. Especially on Nintendo's new Gimmickii console.

Mhmhmm... I don't like the new art style.

Oh well, I can't play it on the PC anyway.

Looks good.

It seems like of...silly...but I'm actually looking forward to this game more then I am to Bayonetta 2.

Well...there goes my purchase. I absolutely ADORED Rayman Origins. I will not be buying a WiiU, like ever. It seems rather weird that Ubisoft is making every choice that makes this wonderful series sell less than it could. First, they release rayman origins on the worst possible date, alongside heavy hitter IP sequels, with next to nothing in marketing. Then, after the game has been lauded to the moon and back, has seen steady sales on mutiple platforms and a rather big surge in PC market, BAM!, WiiU exclusive. What is wrong with you, Ubi?

SupahGamuh:

You mean you loved pirating Origins.

TotallyTroll:

SupahGamuh:

Hmmm... I'm not one to judge someone by their name or about what they say and I'm refraining from saying the T word, but no, I didn't pirate it.

Oh, wow! The WiiU is coming out with a $350 bundle with plenty of goodies!
Oh, wow! The WiiU is coming out with much nicer-looking Rayman and Mario games!

Oh, right: the WiiU has that stupid tablet controller based on local multiplayer.
Oh, right: I won't have time for the WiiU given that I will be playing Skyrim and Sleeping Dogs this New Year's break once I get Windows 7 installed on my Mac. (Also, I'll probably play Guild Wars 2 next year.)

SupahGamuh:

TotallyTroll:

SupahGamuh:

Hmmm... I'm not one to judge someone by their name or about what they say and I'm refraining from saying the T word, but no, I didn't pirate it.

He probably said that because RayO appears to be absent from your Steam games list.

i've played the game a few weeks ago at gamescom in germany, and i have to say it was an absolute blast to play!

Quite difficult though... ;)

Love seeing games that focus on playability vs the looks alone. So much obsession over the years on the 3D photo realism as the measuring bar, its great to showcase that great games can still be simple and beautiful.

The thing about Murphy in this game is that it seems like he's almost required in some areas of the game, and I certainly hope that's not the case, since I usually play alone... Not to mention, I don't want to have to ONLY play this when I can get some friends over to play it.

MB202:
The thing about Murphy in this game is that it seems like he's almost required in some areas of the game, and I certainly hope that's not the case, since I usually play alone... Not to mention, I don't want to have to ONLY play this when I can get some friends over to play it.

He is required for bonus stuff and multi player games but you can play normally without him.

PunkRex:
I saw this in GAME today as a pre-order and my heart skipped a beat... or you know something less lame. Origins was awesome and what with Pikmin 3 on the way im definatly getting a Wii-U. Multi-player like that might be a problem though, Origins was hard... really hard.

Not sure how I feel about this preveiw vid though, don't get me wrong it felt very professional and it did talk about a negative aspect, but it felt very... er... sales-y, if you get what I mean.

My whole worry is that, if you want to 100% the game, you HAVE to have someone play as Murphy. I hope this is not the case, however you can never be too sure.

Anyways:

Pikmin 3, Zombie U, New Super Mario Bros U, AND Rayman Legends.

Yes, the Wii U looks like a console to own now :P

SupahGamuh:

So far it is a Console Exclusive.

They may change it at a later date, however.

PunkRex:

Her official name is Barbara the Viking.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here