The Big Picture: MovieBob's Forgotten Monsters

Pages 1 2 NEXT

MovieBob's Forgotten Monsters

MovieBob shows us some monsters that have been forgotten.

Watch Video

Guyver 2 was better cause it explained the Guyvers and Zoanoids better :p

sides, i still want the suit from Guyver 2, thing is still bad ass

It's too bad all those monsters drew the short stick, isn't it Bob?

nikki191:
mark hamill bug is only beaten by mark hamill playing cock knocker

That's Mark Hamill for you, always good for a laugh.

I'll have you know that that error regarding Abbie Whatshername's height caused me considerable consternation!

"Holy crap, she was 6'8''?! What, were all the guys in that movie played by giants?!"

I'd only heard of The Stuff, and only because my friend--who watches everything, good or bad--ripped it off for a role-playing game once.

Guyver 1 ftw, saw both when i was 7 or 8 and i never finished the second, way to boring even for a 7 year old

The Stuff has been mentioned somewhere else around here recently......

So you liked the Guyver without David Hayter better than the one with him?

My prediction: Hayter's gonna hate.

PsychedelicDiamond:
My prediction: Hayter's gonna hate.

Hayter doesn't hate. That's why Hayter's so great.

I liked the stuff when it was first released. It was a good saturday pizza night horror comedy to watch. You cant get much better than sentient man eating yoghurt with designs on world domination.

Nice list there Bob. Every one of them were awesome in their own right making them all classic B grade horror flicks.

I personally have seen all but She-Creature on this list.

nikki191:

LOL.. That had to be his best roll ever..

Oh God, the Mark Hamill bug has to be the most disgusting and scaring thing I have ever seen. Dang it Bob, I needed my sleep tonight >.<

Franz Kafka approves of Guyver 1.

The Trailer for "The Stuff" (played before god knows what movie we rented from the vidio store in the 80s) put me off yoghurt for my entire childhood. I don't remember it being particularly nasty/gruesome/scary, but the prospect of a snack that ate you from the inside out potentially being in my fridge scared the crap out of the 10-year old me.

Yes, more support for "The Stuff". I would like to not be the only one in know who has seen that movie.

"See Giant mark hamill bug! Guyver 1 wins"

lol, a genuinely flawless argument if ever i saw one :)

The only one I saw from the Top 5 is "Guyver"! Now to find the other four... Yummy!

Man I competely forgot that secen from Guyver, I now want to rewatched those two films now!

OH MY GOD. I completly forgot I ever watched that Guyver movie until I saw the insect scene!, I swear I saw it before!, now I seriously need to watch that movie again.

And I insist, The Stuff is a shitty knockoff of The Blob and Invasion of The Body Snatchers.

ok, I know enough about the guyver (watching the 12 episode series, and a little research) to know there was a whole slew of Zoanoids with their own names of capabilities... was Giant Mark Hamil Bug based on one of those?

You know, that scene from Guyver brings up an interesting point.

The appropriate action to someone metamorphosing into something else is to not stand there and stare at it, but to leave. This leaving should be done as quickly as safely possible so at the very least you have a head start.

*sigh* will hollywood ever get anything right?

GenGenners:
The Stuff has been mentioned somewhere else around here recently......

It was mentioned in his "Branded" Review. You can find it on Netflix Instant Streaming now.

OT: A great list, but only because I have heard of at least two of the five movies.

I also love how everybody is terrified of Hamill-Bug, when I find that demon baby (in movie 4 or 5) more haunting than anything else mentioned in this entire episode (I have a true fear of young children, so the evil baby thing... That's almost what I see when I see babies in real life). Hamill Bug looked badass. I want an avatar of Hamill-Bug on my desk by Monday.

CAPTCHA: Flat Out.
See, Captcha agrees with me. Hamill-Bug was flat out badass.

People grief Mark Hamill for not being as successful as Harrison Ford, but having watched Star Wars when it FIRST came out, and being in the PG demographic at the time that Lucas made it for, Mark will always be The Man as far as I'm concerned.

Mark Hamill bug? Works for me.

Did anyone else think wtf, when barcas transformed in guyver 1?

Gezora, man, I'm REALLY intrigued. Also, "The Guyver" was a manga? Well, since I'm in a huge manga-reader mood as of late, I'd better look into that, too.

I haven't seen any of those movies except for The Gyver. I'm interested in watching The Stuff though.

Copper Zen:
People grief Mark Hamill for not being as successful as Harrison Ford, but having watched Star Wars when it FIRST came out, and being in the PG demographic at the time that Lucas made it for, Mark will always be The Man as far as I'm concerned.

Mark Hamill bug? Works for me.

I don't care if he isn't as famous as Harrison Ford. Mark Hamill has been the Joker for much of my life so I'm happy with that.

[heavy sigh]
Ok, I guess I have to be the one that does this... damn it...

Giant Mark Hamill Bug
You argument is invalid

Wasn't that squid in on of the godzilla movies?

Why does the stuff look to me more like microwaved marshmallows than yogurt?

MB202:
Gezora, man, I'm REALLY intrigued. Also, "The Guyver" was a manga? Well, since I'm in a huge manga-reader mood as of late, I'd better look into that, too.

Yep. If you read it be aware that it's been on hiatus for years, the author occasionally makes a new chapter of it where nothing really happens. If you're a fan of the manga Berserk it's EXACTLY like that.

Also for you MST3k fans, yes "She-Creature" was featured on the Satellite of Love. Episode 808. Also thank you for mentioning Kamen Rider, because I can totally see that thing squaring off with Faiz. I also wish to bring up the irony of saying "Fighting Kamen Rider NOW" and then cutting to a picture of the 70s and 80s Kamen Riders instead of the Heisei riders on now.

Ah She Creature... source of one of my favourite MST3K skits...

Tickle Me Carlo Lombardi

We definitely need more Guyver movies

You had to show me a murdering baby right before I go to sleep, didn't you?

This reminds me of some of the really dumb Gamera monsters, like this one:
You could do a great schloctober feature on the Gamera movies.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here