Escapist Expo: The Hour of Love

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The Hour of Love

Hour of Love sets out to answer one important question: What if some of your favorite gaming critics were all put in one room and only allowed to say nice things for an entire hour? Dr. Mark Kline moderates as The Escapist contributors must all swallow their bile and think about nothing but rainbows instead.

Watch Video

Best video ever on the escapist.

I am extreamly proud to say that i saw it in person and was sitting next to my friend who was wearing the ears too. She loves them. The panel was an uproar.

A little less proud to say that i am friends with(and brought to the con) the guy who said "bayonetta and sandwhiches."

Even my group was like "WTF scotty?" His explanation was that he meant them seperately and he was thinking of the two things he loved the most in the world. XD Me and him were both looking forward to them making some joke about bayonetta on the wii U :P

I wish I could have gone to the Expo, would have been great to see this live. Brilliant video though.

I just started watching, but I have to ask, was there something wrong with Jim's mic? Because I can easily hear every word Yahtzee says and the applause and laughter of the crowd, but every time Jim speaks, it sounds like somebody is holding a pile of pillows over his face. At reasonable volume I have to put my ear to my speakers to just to vaguely get what Jim says, but then a mere second later I about lose my hearing from the rest of the sounds in the room.

Edit: Scratch what I said, cause two and a half minutes in while using my strategy to hear Jim, my hearing is now gone in my right ear. Ha! Ow.

Cahtzee!

I wonder how memetic the Escapist will make it. :)

Sonic Doctor:
snip

It comes on shortly after. The audio setup they had there was a bit finicky at times.

My, I thought this experiment would lead to some sort of catastrophic quantum collapse, swallowing up Durham in a black hole (of love). Seems I were wrong. It was, however, very, very entertaining!

Also; Catzhee. Eyes open and we might finally find out if he's got a ninja clan or not, people!

Was looking forward to this.

Thank you for doing this guys! :D

Slycne:

It comes on shortly after. The audio setup they had there was a bit finicky at times.

Yeah, my ear quickly found that out. I just edited my last comment to reflect that.

Crap, enjoyed watching so far but have to get to bed to work in the morning...me don't wanna!

The person in front of me ninja'd me so I had to come up with a backup question at the last second. "EA PR" wasn't a bad one, but I could have worded it better :P

Dammit Jim! Thanks to your "fisting love" I now have Corona all over my keyboard.

Frank_Sinatra_:
Dammit Jim! Thanks to your "fisting love" I now have Corona all over my keyboard.

Is that a euphemism?

They've got a rad bromance. Also, I swear Yahtzee has the cutest smile ever, especially when he's trying to hide it. It's more adorable than the cat ears, in my opinion.

MegaManOfNumbers:

Frank_Sinatra_:

Is that a euphemism?

Well my Corona I'm told is more like a Bud Lite.

(I'm going to hell for that)

that was great, the only thing that would be greater is more people

She took those cat ears back, right?

They're like 100 fucking dollars.

Fappy:
The person in front of me ninja'd me so I had to come up with a backup question at the last second. "EA PR" wasn't a bad one, but I could have worded it better :P

I think you asked your question perfectly. If you don't believe me, just ask the panelists. ;)

As for the show; Need I say that I loved this?

Captcha: head case

The state of my mental health doesn't make this show not great. So there, Captcha! :p

Bob looks like my old science teacher xD

God this was hilarious. I loved it when Jim's mic randomly went loud "OH, BLOODY HELL!"

What was the best thing they had to talk about, aside from the cat ears?

(I was the one who asked about fan fiction)

But all of them were great with potential love! :D

This was one of my favorites, I must admit. The Nathan Drake thing was an ongoing discussion throughout the weekend, so I just had to throw in in there. :)

It's a genuine joy to watch Yahtzee and Jim just do what they do. They're so brilliant. And Dr. Mark is one of my all-time favorite people.

Was in the front row, just as funny watching it here online as it was live. The moment they decided to not talk about masturbation to fan fictions was the best part for me, the entire thing was hysterical though

Would have been happier if they hadn't started out the "love" by giving backhanded insults to the NRA. (Any conservatives in the audience? Yes? Best get out now - we're about to boo, insult, and denigrate you and your ideals and your organizations!)

Maybe later, when I'm not feeling quite so unloved, I'll keep watching.

omicron1:
Would have been happier if they hadn't started out the "love" by giving backhanded insults to the NRA. (Any conservatives in the audience? Yes? Best get out now - we're about to boo, insult, and denigrate you and your ideals and your organizations!)

Maybe later, when I'm not feeling quite so unloved, I'll keep watching.

That's pretty much the only slap. Well, that and MovieBob's quote towards the end, concerning Michael Atkinson. Something to the effect of, "As an American, I'm happy to know that this time, we weren't the problem." Yeah, that's annoying, but on the whole it's actually a very entertaining video, especially when Mindjack came up.

It was definitely a very enjoyable video. Jim & Yahtzee have a great chemistry, one surely to be exploited in many of fan fictions to come. And I even enjoyed Bob's answers, though he did sit there more like an odd duck out.

Fantastic. Jim is a very sick individual.

So this is basically 1 joke stretched to last a hour.

this fills me with love..

This video is awesome and hilarious. Honestly though I'd probably have preferred if it was just Yahtzee, or Yahtzee and MovieBob. But Jim didn't do too bad. Shame about the mic, too, holy hell.

Moviebob did NOT look like I thought.

Also, Yahtzee, lighten the fuck up, have those damn cat ears on the whole show.

Slycne:

Sonic Doctor:
snip

Looks like someone's been playing some League. My only question is: Do you really play Pantheon?

Dunno, this had an air of awkwardness, not bad though. But jeez, yahtzee looks tense, didnt watch the whole video so I could'nt tell if he eventually put his right shoulder beneath his head.
Though they did manage to make it at least enterntaining regardless.

I am the girl who walked up and put the cat ears on Yahtzee. Gotta say it was the proudest moment of my life. :D I have to thank my friend who was at the con, ThriKreen. He owned the ears and thought of the whole thing, he just let me go up and do it. :D
I don't care that he took them off, I still got some awesome pics out of it. XD

... I also gave Jim the tissue after he had a drinking problem. d:

I'm now incredibly sad that I couldn't go last weekend...

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here