Escapist Expo: The Hour of Love

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

the video does not work for me! NUUUUUU!

That was amazing. Even though it was a whole hour I wish there was more.

I guess this is where Jim got the idea for his latest Jimquisition episode from.

I love now some of these questions are causing Jim's face to twitch with silent rage // If he makes it to the end of the panel without killing one of the questioners it will be a magical

-M

Scrustle:

I guess this is where Jim got the idea for his latest Jimquisition episode from.

I didn't want it to end.

Are there more Expo videos to be put up? I hope there are, this was really fun to watch.

Scrustle:

Actually, Jimquisition was done before Jim flew down here. He's just prescient. :)

Susan Arendt:
This was one of my favorites, I must admit. The Nathan Drake thing was an ongoing discussion throughout the weekend, so I just had to throw in in there. :)

It's a genuine joy to watch Yahtzee and Jim just do what they do. They're so brilliant. And Dr. Mark is one of my all-time favorite people.

This whole thing was great.<_> I wish I could have been there.

:D I loved the comments you made, they were perfect. Also, if Dr. Mark ever becames evil he could give Scarecrow a run for his money. xD

Pikachaos:
I am the girl who walked up and put the cat ears on Yahtzee. Gotta say it was the proudest moment of my life. :D I have to thank my friend who was at the con, ThriKreen. He owned the ears and thought of the whole thing, he just let me go up and do it. :D
I don't care that he took them off, I still got some awesome pics out of it. XD

... I also gave Jim the tissue after he had a drinking problem. d:

You know what this all means now right? You will forever be remembered as a brave/crazy heroin of Escapist history from now on.

I have to say, I am very happy you were there, and are here now. Thank you for all the laughs that moment gave me. :)

It's too bad now one said 'Too Human', that would've been priceless.

CheckD3:
Was in the front row, just as funny watching it here online as it was live. The moment they decided to not talk about masturbation to fan fictions was the best part for me, the entire thing was hysterical though

Love the avatar. :D

JaceArveduin:

Slycne:

Sonic Doctor:
snip

It comes on shortly after. The audio setup they had there was a bit finicky at times.

Looks like someone's been playing some League. My only question is: Do you really play Pantheon?

He actually did slightly, after that panel my girlfriend got him to give her a hug xD he said "ok fine, just a quicky" she was so happy about that.

Evil Smurf:

That is the worst thing I have heard all day. And when you do see the video you'll understand what that really means.

(Disclaimer: Video was freaking awesome, 0_o but some of those things they said can't be unheard. Still awesome!)

JaceArveduin:

Slycne:

Sonic Doctor:
snip

It comes on shortly after. The audio setup they had there was a bit finicky at times.

Looks like someone's been playing some League. My only question is: Do you really play Pantheon?

Yep, Pantheon is my most played and one of my highest win percentages. And maybe if I played every champion as well as him, I wouldn't be at such a bad elo, heh.

Susan Arendt:

CheckD3:
Was in the front row, just as funny watching it here online as it was live. The moment they decided to not talk about masturbation to fan fictions was the best part for me, the entire thing was hysterical though

Love the avatar. :D

Thank you, it's my ultimate swag from a great weekend. Almost every panelist recognized me from the panels because I was always in the front row w/ it on.

Evil Smurf:

Same here, fellow Pubclub member. Even the video podcast RSS fails with "File not found."

Switch over to HTML5 video if you can, it's the only thing that worked for me.

Evil Smurf:

Hmmm, are you trying to view it in normal or high quality? I'll give the version a bump/refesh if need be.

shrekfan246:
Are there more Expo videos to be put up? I hope there are, this was really fun to watch.

Short answer, yes.

Long version, I think it's around seven more video panels, Gavin's concert and a bunch of misc that I'll likely roll into a wrap up of some kind. I'm talking with some of the other media at the event, so we might have video for other panels as well. On top of that, I tried to get audio recordings on many of the panels I couldn't tape myself. The first Q & A will likely go live later tonight and more to come later.

Haha, I laughed loudly at a few points in this video. I paticularly liked the bit where Yahtzee's joke failed the slight language barrier.

"Yeah, like what were you drinking? Meths?"
*puzzled, slightly awkward, silence*
"....like methylated spirits?..."
*more puzzled silence*
"...I'm not sure what they call it in America...?"

I'm actually surprised there weren't more troll-y questions; either Escapists are more polite and respectful in person than I suspected or you had armed guards just off camera and these people were under duress :)

e.g. (just for a nonsense example, excuse the ponies)

Slycne:

Short answer, yes.

Long version, I think it's around seven more video panels, Gavin's concert and a bunch of misc that I'll likely roll into a wrap up of some kind. I'm talking with some of the other media at the event, so we might have video for other panels as well. On top of that, I tried to get audio recordings on many of the panels I couldn't tape myself. The first Q & A will likely go live later tonight and more to come later.

Sweet! :D I'll keep my eyes open for them, are they all going to be organized into the current 'Escapist Expo' gallery that only has this one right now?

Slycne:
Le Snip

Formica Archonis:
Le Snip

It does not work for me in any web browser in any definition.

Evil Smurf:
snip

Alright, I'm pushing a full refresh sync. Give it a bit to connect all the dots and try again, if it's still a problem then I would poke the Tech Team Group.

Slycne:

Evil Smurf:

Hmmm, are you trying to view it in normal or high quality? I'll give the version a bump/refesh if need be.

For me personally the problem seems to be the HQ stream, though the normal one was acting a bit dicey for a little while. Now, the normal one seems fine, at least in the ten seconds I watched. HQ is still all "Stream Not Found". If you want me to PM you with exact URLs let me know.

Susan Arendt:
This was one of my favorites, I must admit. The Nathan Drake thing was an ongoing discussion throughout the weekend, so I just had to throw in in there. :)

It's a genuine joy to watch Yahtzee and Jim just do what they do. They're so brilliant. And Dr. Mark is one of my all-time favorite people.

Absolutely loved this, the Nathan Drake fisting comment had me spew my tea everywhere. Is this going to happen again next year?

Pikachaos:
I am the girl who walked up and put the cat ears on Yahtzee. Gotta say it was the proudest moment of my life. :D I have to thank my friend who was at the con, ThriKreen. He owned the ears and thought of the whole thing, he just let me go up and do it. :D

...can we just start building an Internet shrine to this woman's awesomeness now?

Pikachaos:

You are now one of the greatest people on the Escapist and you have my undying gratitude.

Pikachaos:

you just won my vote in the escapist spotlight

At first it seemed like they weren't enjoying it at all, but it seemed like they had a good laugh by the end, and so did everyone watching them.

Also, that didn't feel like a whole 56 minutes.

After the first question I would have been so tempted to say a joke about how tripping is good game design and more games should punish basic movement.

Slycne:

Yep, Pantheon is my most played and one of my highest win percentages. And maybe if I played every champion as well as him, I wouldn't be at such a bad elo, heh.

Don't feel bad, I'm at about the same spot as you.

You know, ELO hell isn't what people think. Most think it's because you're just put with people who are bad. No, it's because you get stuck with people who rage quit and are, in general, idiots.

If only there was an easier, less stressful, way to get that Janna skin.

CardinalPiggles:
At first it seemed like they weren't enjoying it at all, but it seemed like they had a good laugh by the end, and so did everyone watching them.

Also, that didn't feel like a whole 56 minutes.

As they say; "Time flies when you're having fun."

That was the best panel I saw this week, and I saw some pretty good ones.

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did, so hilarious, and Jim's answer to fan fiction scared me a little.

I can safely say, everyone got a mental image of Nathan Drake being fisted, never gonna unsee that again.

Was anyone else that watched this unable to see Jim at the table with the rest of the panel but rather in his underwear on an exercise bike? Because that image is still burned into my mind...

Hearing Jim sob over the controls for steel battalion made me laugh so hard it brought tears to my eyes.

Pikachaos:

Just more praising for you.

Good show.

Yahtzee may have looked tense but he still was witty so it was all good.

Man, I wish for a let's play with the 3 of them.

Pikachaos:

Jim didn't have a drinking problem, he was professionally demonstrating the high quality of video game animation. For science.

I fear for the next game Yahtzee has to review. The bile build up has to be ludicrous.

Now that was entertaining.
I wish I could have seen it live.

so that's what bob looks like

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook