Escapist Expo: My Favorite Game

Pages PREV 1 2

I loved Gavin's comment about playing the Final Fantasy 13-2 demo. My friend bought the game for after our exams finished as a bit of a time sink and he spent a couple of days playing it. Whenever any of us (my housemates and I) went into the living room we would just go "What the fuck are you watching?" This continued even after the first time we asked that.

Also, thanks for posting all these videos, they're great to watch and I'm getting a nice big extra dose of 2 of my favourite cynical Brits.

The first game that I have loved was Sid Meier's Alpha Centuri, it hs a fantastic storyline, the units you attack with are fun and it has amazing exploration. Also Bastion because the only criticism I have for it is the length. Everything else is beautiful, the fighting, the narrative, the naration, the characters the music. Awww I need to at it now.

Ekit:
I don't know what it is, but something about Susan Arendt just annoys me to no end.

I'm an acquired taste.

I can completely understand Gav on Fallout 3. I played that game for somewhere in the region of 400 to 500 hours. Yes, you read that right, 400 to 500 hours. I actually want to play it again now that I think about.

beetrain:
It seems Jim's cursed with microphones.

He almost blew my headphones up in the 27th minute.

Susan Arendt:

Ekit:
I don't know what it is, but something about Susan Arendt just annoys me to no end.

I'm an acquired taste.

The joke here being that about one second after this frame, the heavy gets the crap kicked out of him

( _)
I think Cory Rydell really shined in this pannel.

(`_)>⌐□_□

(⌐□_□) <<Ironic!!!

^Those are Hipster glasses.

^The joke is now ruined :|

^IRONICALLY!!!

Finally getting around to these.

Always nice to hear some Killer7 love. Still one of my top fave games.

(Here's my first post ever on The Escapist, yay!)

I think, for me, the game that really speaks to me is Half-Life 2. To me, it's one of the most fantastic games I've ever played. I love dystopian fiction, especially with books like The Handmaid's Tale, which was part of an English unit I did in college (still currently in college). It was perhaps the most fun I've ever had with a game, and it had such a unique and beautiful world present, all torn up and stuff.

The Half-Life games are also the scariest games for me, because with dystopian fiction, there's this totalitarian regime in place, where everyone is forced to conform to the wills of those in charge; there's almost no freedom left, and that scares me because I love freedom and I want to see the world become better. It's also the scariest series because of the headcrabs and how much they resemble spiders to me. I suffer from arachnophobia, and these alien creatures taking control of humans, whilst keeping some semblance of sentience about them, just chills me to the bone. The Ravenholm chapter is perhaps the scariest part of the game for me, because it's just you and an entire village of headcrabs and headcrab zombies, and Father Grigori, of course.

Uh, yeah..... That's...my two cents.

Hearing Yahtzee talk about Dark Souls like this is funny now that he loves it and told everyone.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here