Escapist Podcast: 061: Escapist Podcast Live!

061: Escapist Podcast Live!

Live from the Escapist Expo, it's The Escapist Podcast!

Watch Video

Wow!
About time guys!

My Expo companion was the one who showed Susan the Catloaf. She also has a picture of her (the cat, not Susan) peeking out from inside a dryer.

it was slightly surreal listening to susan fawn over the pet pictures when you have no idea that the pictures look like

For those of you wondering. This is Mike's Skyrim helmet made of 3/4 Magic 2013 hats at registration on Sunday!

Woo I got mentioned! I did indeed come from Scotland :)

I'm with Tito on this one - Temple of Doom wasn't a bad movie.. I enjoyed it a lot as a kid, I enjoy it now, though it's not my favourite of the trilogy. That would be the Last Crusade.

1) Temple of Doom is Amazing
2) The D&D group I DM for is known as Pickle's Peppers because of a pickled group member and we were at the expo.

I have to agree with Mike in that pickles aren't kinda gross. But coming from Mike, it's just more item to the list of things he cannot eat at all. :-)

TimeLord:
For those of you wondering. This is Mike's Skyrim helmet made of 3/4 Magic 2013 hats at registration on Sunday!

And here's what it looks like when not being fueled by pure evil:

Dear Mr. Tito,

You sir did not hug me, you signed my Expo pass.

Love,
The Guy that told you to Smile.

PS
It makes me feel amazing to be mentioned as part of what made the weekend for Greg. I got a little choked up.

Expo was a blast! They were right, I didn't interact with any crazies at the expo, which is unusual for a nerd con.

Hah the cat loaf pose one of my cats five poses.

1.Cat Loaf
2.The Blob (when she is very sound asleep)
3.The Bastet (when she haunches back on her back legs like the statues in egypt)
4.The Stretch (when she lays in the sun. Often accompanied by The Blob)
5.The upside down head roll (when I'm at my desk trying to work on something and she wants petting)

Also I think everyone should post pictures of there animals here. I'd start if I knew how to post pictures in a forum post.

The Rogue Wolf:

TimeLord:

And here's what it looks like when not being fueled by pure evil:

Haha, that thing took me all morning. Who knows what happened to it, though. I think I left it in the room.

I would have loved to attend the Expo, if only I didn't live on a different continent.

Too bad you didn't do a video of it. Can we have a video next time you do a live one?

One weird thing about Indiana Jones; I actually like number four. I really do. For some reason, all the glaring flaws and horribleness of that film just doesn't register with me. I'd even say it's my favorite.

But there's also an obvious explanation to that. Sure, I saw the "proper" Indiana Jones-films as a kid, but that was on VHS, and it never really was a "thing", I never had any memories attached to them, like I imagine most people who did have a problem with film four do have. It might be a generation thing.

Thing is, the fourth film is my special Indiana Jones-film, it's the one I saw in theaters, when it was brand new. It's the only film I've got clear memories attached to. Sure, I've always felt the Indianamagic and the spirit of adventure in the older films, but... Oddly, I don't feel that it's missing that in number four.

I guess I just don't "get" it. I wasn't there, too late to the party and I got attached to the new one because I didn't have that particular connection to the Indiana Jones trilogy. It's an interesting reminder of how relative things can be sometimes.

(Also, total whine I just need out from my system :3 ; Indiana have jumped out of a plane inside a rubber raft, then steering it down a mountain, without a scratch. I just can't see why hiding from an atomic bomb inside a fridge is such a huge break compared to that. )

Also I think that Mikes odd bathroom story seems a little too strange to be true. Not that he is lying but rather I think these guys were doing this on purpose just to creep people out.

Oh hey, also we're those sweet or dill pickles, I lost a jar.

Great podcast guys and girl! :D

I'm really looking forward for next year's expo to see these panels&podcast again.

4 minutes into this 'video' and I'm at a loss for having any interest in listening on.

The video panels up to this point were good.

*Needs more Zero Punctuation guy.

Please, please tell me that there will be a video of all the content contributors doing Gangham Style, while Yahtzee looks on disapprovingly... please?!

NinjaDeathSlap:
Please, please tell me that there will be a video of all the content contributors doing Gangham Style, while Yahtzee looks on disapprovingly... please?!

That happened during the second Escapists Q&A panel, which should be on the site at some point soon.

Mike Kayatta:

NinjaDeathSlap:

That happened during the second Escapists Q&A panel, which should be on the site at some point soon.

Can't wait. :)

Who started it? (I'm guessing Jim)

I remember sitting in that panel and wondering if you guys were going to be just as random as you are in the normal podcat.

I was not disappointed! :D

I wanted to show you guys my doggie but we were being kicked out, oh well.

Sober Thal:
4 minutes into this 'video' and I'm at a loss for having any interest in listening on.

Your joking right? It's so hard to tell in text.

Eric the Orange:

Sober Thal:

Nope, serious. It would be okay if they had video. But the beginning of this podcast wasn't interesting to me.

(I guess it doesn't really 'start' till 8 minutes in)

But yeah, all the other EXPO stuff I've seen was hilarious.

Sober Thal:

Eric the Orange:

Sober Thal:

Nope, serious. It would be okay if they had video. But the beginning of this podcast wasn't interesting to me.

(I guess it doesn't really 'start' till 8 minutes in)

But yeah, all the other EXPO stuff I've seen was hilarious.

OK well in that case,

You must not listen to the regular Pod Casts because this is pretty much how they always are. Also this was not a panel so I don't see how you would expect the same thing out of it. thirdly "zero punctuation guy" they have names you know. And if you were a regular listener you'd know that it's always just office guys (and girls).

Sorry to go off on you like that but this is quite possibly my favorite feature on the escapist and I hate when it gets talked about like that by the people I look down upon as "the Yhatzee crowd". Though I guess your not one of them as you didn't know his name.

Eric the Orange:

if you were a regular listener you'd know that it's always just office guys (and girls).

How dare you call Susan just an office girl!!!!

: P

She kinda just got a raise, didn't ya hear?

OT: I just hate audio about something visual, it turned me off from this podcast is all.

BEST... PODCAST... EVAAAAARRRR!!!!!!
I so wish I could've been there. You guys are awesome, just wanted to say it, for the record.

Awesome guys, just awesome.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here