Escapist Expo: What's That Noise? Sound Design in Games

What's That Noise? Sound Design in Games

Audio Only. Sound design is a huge part of videogames but it's a subtle art. Most gamers don't even realize how environmental sounds and music add to the overall experience of every genre of games. Find out from the pros who've made games like Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and Rainbow Six: Lockdown on how they use sound to manipulate gamers' emotions and communicate story.

Watch Video

I can listen the video but there's no image.

esperandote:

Those first two words in the description. The ones in bold that say "Audio only". That's probably why.

wackelpudding:

esperandote:

Those first two words in the description. The ones in bold that say "Audio only". That's probably why.

Oh, damn.

As much as i want to listen to this there's just FAR too many "uh"s.
But that's ok cos there's 14 other Expo Recordings that I still have to listen to!

Here's a bit of professional critique and a simple question.

It sounds like dog shit. I will speculate that none of you did a proper soundcheck on the equipment and recording paths beforehand.

Why don't you get a professional to handle stuff like this for the next Expo, 'cause it's a great event and deserves to sound good too. It never did in all the videos I've watched and audio I've listened to so far. Jeysos Chreyst folks, do try harder next time.

I do what these lads do. Record, edit and mix.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here