Miracle of Sound: Roll Out (Transformers)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Roll Out (Transformers)

Pedal to metal time to kick some chrome! Spoilers for Tranformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Watch Video

Ok, I may need a moment to pick my jaw up off the floor and stop drooling...THAT WAS INCREDIBLE! I've been waiting for a Transformers song for so long and it was so much better than I could have imagined. It seemed like there were a few different styles incorporated and they all flowed and meshed together so well...Brilliant work!

This rhythm reminds me of some other music, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

But amazing one nonetheless gavin. Keep going.

Oh good times! Thanks for that one, Gav, it's awesome!

phoenixbeast:
Ok, I may need a moment to pick my jaw up off the floor and stop drooling...THAT WAS INCREDIBLE! I've been waiting for a Transformers song for so long and it was so much better than I could have imagined. It seemed like there were a few different styles incorporated and they all flowed and meshed together so well...Brilliant work!

It was nice to have the extra 2 weeks to work on this one. I think it shows in the production in that I was able to try a lot of different ideas and mix it up a bit.

I grew up on and only watched Beast Wars, but hell, I enjoyed this a bunch.

Also, I see that you jabbed the Bay films there (I'll admit though, I did enjoy the first).

And just curious, but how come the article/thread is posted by Team Hollywood and not Mr. Dunne as usual
EDIT: Hey, you changed it to Gav being the poster to make me look the fool. STOP IT IRISH!

;p

MiracleOfSound:
-snip-

Gav, don't let anyone ever call you uncruzamatic.

Was that a bit of a Vince Dicola homage in the synths there Gav? Awsome song! Loved it.

Satisfaction guaranteed!
OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Quite awesome. I have very little knowledge of the original Transformer series (Beast Wars for me), and some of the lyrics went over my head, but dammit that was entirely the point: this is a labour of love, and I have to say, that chorus? You really put so much genuine enjoyment into it, you could tell there was love for the source material there. Again, I don't know the series, but don't let that get in the way of a great song intended for fans of the series. I'm still going to be playing this song on loop for the next month though, be sure of that!

PS, as soon as I saw you had done a Transformers song I knew Soundwave would work his way in there, cause... well your profile. He certainly did not disappoint.

I didn't like the start of the song, but after that it was really good. I especially like the part in the middle where you stated singing about decepticons. Very well done. Thanks!

So good I played it twice! Nice work Gav.

EDIT; Just noticed one thing though, shouldn't it be Berylium Baloney, not veridium.

Heh, weaker than a Witwicky. I gotta use that line sometime.
And this was way better than Rebecca Mayes' thinly veiled excuse to indulge herself

Am i the only one who heard "we're gonna blow these stinkin cunts away" in stead of cons....

Those cartoon cuts really brought back nostalgia,thanks for that Gavin!

Another great addition to the collection.

Hawk of Battle:
Just noticed one thing though, shouldn't it be Berylium Baloney, not veridium.

Ya, I think you got that right if memory serves. Although we could both just be full of cesium salami.

Really loved that song, once I saw a transformers song I got really excited and I love how it keeps the nice nostalgic feel but still feels different enough that it's not just a straight clone. Great work as always!

Kazam24a:
Am i the only one who heard "we're gonna blow these stinkin cunts away" in stead of cons....

Hopefully yes. T's are a sharp noise to pronounce and thus rather hard to miss or ignore, so you're really stretching to find something funny there.

This is now one of my favourite songs of yours. If this is what we get when you get more time to perfect the song please take as much time as you need.

I loved how you incorporated the transforming sound effect into the song, and the Soundwave part. And even though it was only two words, your Optimus Prime voice was practically spot on.

Slycne:

Kazam24a:

Hopefully yes. T's are a sharp noise to pronounce and thus rather hard to miss or ignore, so you're really stretching to find something funny there.

I was being sincere not looking for a laugh... I was working while listening to it and heard what i thought was c*nt the first time (once again not really paying attention) I had to scroll down and read the lyric. Although c*nt does work nicely ha!

Okay, wasn't expecting the vocoder-like effect for Soundwave to be that close to the original. A lot of things don't get it right. Hell, I remember once when Robot Chicken had Frank Welker and they couldn't make Soundwave sound better than Dr. Claw in an echo chamber.

Kazam24a:

I think I can safely say "Yes".

delete

DVS BSTrD:
Satisfaction guaranteed!
OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Hey, I talk some Tv! And now the news, Don't touch that dial.

I gotta say, all current gen transformer type things have a distinct lack of Hot Rod.
He was my favourite. But he disappeared.

On the other hand, it's impossible not to love soundwave. He's superior.

Veloxe:

Hawk of Battle:
Just noticed one thing though, shouldn't it be Berylium Baloney, not veridium.

Ya, I think you got that right if memory serves. Although we could both just be full of cesium salami.

BERYLIUM BALONI!!!

Kazam24a:

Slycne:

Kazam24a:

I was being sincere not looking for a laugh... I was working while listening to it and heard what i thought was c*nt the first time (once again not really paying attention) I had to scroll down and read the lyric. Although c*nt does work nicely ha!

Same deal for me, I had to scroll down to find out what Gavin actually sang there. It doesn't really sound like it once you know what the line actually is, but if you're not reading the written lyrics... yeah. "Cons" is definitely not the first word a bystander is gonna hear.

Funny note: Every time Optimus told the Autobots to "Roll Out" in the Bay movies, they just ran. Apparently they couldn't even get THAT right. :p

Hawk of Battle:
So good I played it twice! Nice work Gav.

EDIT; Just noticed one thing though, shouldn't it be Berylium Baloney, not veridium.

Darn, I googled it and the most popular answer was Veridium baloney. Seems I got it wrong. Ah well.

SpectacularWebHead:

DVS BSTrD:
Satisfaction guaranteed!
OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Hey, I talk some Tv! And now the news, Don't touch that dial.

I gotta say, all current gen transformer type things have a distinct lack of Hot Rod.

On the other hand, it's impossible not to love soundwave. He's superior.

Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime is in one of the current Transformers comic books from IDW. But you're right about Soundwave, his coolness is logical. Wait, that's Shockwave's thing!

And as usual he delivers.
It's getting kinda boring you succeeding everytime Gav :P

I think I would have liked it more if I liked Transformers. That said, now you're doing one every month, it seemed much more different and fresh than before.

The jab at Micheal Bay had me rolling.

Edit:

No pun intended.

Editx2:

SpectacularWebHead:

... Who... in their right mind... would like the guy that got Optimus killed... much less declare him their favorite?

If he's no where to be found, I say good riddance, maybe it will keep him from getting anyone else killed.

MiracleOfSound:
But even Soundwave cowers
When he hears their leader shout...

What's said immediately following this line? I can't make it out and it's not in the lyrics.

Draconalis:

MiracleOfSound:
But even Soundwave cowers
When he hears their leader shout...

What's said immediately following this line? I can't make it out and it's not in the lyrics.

'Decepticons retreat', if I'm hearing correctly.

Brilliant song, only watched Armada as a kid, but loved that to death :D Though it does make me think that Bumblebee should be called Hotshot... would probably receive quite a bit of fan-rage for that :P

Sir, you've got the touch. :D

Complete, utter and total refusal to take itself seriously. Loved it!

Gav, was there ever a temptation to try and play it straight with this one?

*squee

As soon as I saw the (Transformers), I was hoping for some good old fashioned cheesy rock. It was perfect. Hell, I was almost expecting a cartoon episode to start after the last note.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here