Miracle of Sound: Roll Out (Transformers)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I find myself wanting a partner song, from the Decepticon's point of view. And now I'm stuck with this in my head for the rest of the day (Oh, poor me, amiright?).

MiracleOfSound:

Hawk of Battle:
So good I played it twice! Nice work Gav.

EDIT; Just noticed one thing though, shouldn't it be Berylium Baloney, not veridium.

Darn, I googled it and the most popular answer was Veridium baloney. Seems I got it wrong. Ah well.

Me Slag think you full of Caesium Salami!

http://www.googlebattle.com/?domain=berylium+baloney&domain2=veridium+baloney&submit=Go%21

That was amazing, had a feeling you would do one based on this game!

DAT SYNTH.
DEM ROLL CALL LYRICS.

It's like a concentrated dosage of everything good about 80's cartoon themes filtered though a healthy sense of self-aware humor all wrapped up in a bundle of pure unadulterated love.

I knew there would be a silver lining to M.o.S. going once a month. I just didn't realize that it was going to be more lining than cloud.

Keep it up Gavin.

I found myself smiling giddily like an 8 year old. I FUCKING LOVED IT! Sure, it was upbeat and cheesy, but you know what? It ain't Linkin Park so it's okay me!

*Closes jaw*

I'm not even a big Transformers fan but that was awesome. Nailed it.

Also, OM NOM NOM

MiracleOfSound:

phoenixbeast:
Ok, I may need a moment to pick my jaw up off the floor and stop drooling...THAT WAS INCREDIBLE! I've been waiting for a Transformers song for so long and it was so much better than I could have imagined. It seemed like there were a few different styles incorporated and they all flowed and meshed together so well...Brilliant work!

It was nice to have the extra 2 weeks to work on this one. I think it shows in the production in that I was able to try a lot of different ideas and mix it up a bit.

I've been a fan of yours since the beginning, Gav. It's Brilliant to see/hear how you've developed as an artist over a relatively short space of time.

If the extra 2 weeks per track means you can deliver even better songs for us, Level 3 may be one of my favourite albums ever made!

Keep up the fantastic work.

The_Lost_King:
The song was OK. Though when it comes to your songs, Gavin, they are better if you like or are familiar with the material it is covering and I am not a huge fan of transformers.

Nor am I and I loved it. Also I never even played WFC or FOC so I have no familiarity with Transformers other than the Bay movies.

This makes me want to play Fall of Cybertron though.

That was seriously kick ass, Gav. You alway make it worth the wait in-between songs.

I never grew up with the transformers. Now I feel left out :(

Awesome song though. I absolutely loved the chorus!
On a side note is fall of Cybertron worth playing if I never really watched transformers?

Dude. You just blew my mind that was amazing. Every change in tone was perfect and the scenes used were awesome. I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point. . . but wow!

My sole exposure to Transformes was Beast Wars (Don't kill me!) a very long time ago,when it was new. And I don't really like Transformers much anyways. But I just LOVE this song. It just rocks all sorts of socks.

Oh hell yeah! More please! :)

MiracleOfSound:
Roll Out (Transformers)

Pedal to metal time to kick some chrome! Spoilers for Tranformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Watch Video

Well I didn't see that coming at all.

Awesome song once again and I can see why you went from two songs to one song a month now, you really do have more time to work with it. :D

Just wondering but do you have anything special planned for next month and halloween and all?

I've always wanted to see if you could do something creepy with the Resident Evil games or Silent Hill series. Guess my request would be a spooky action type song for "Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City", just throwing that out there.

TheNaut131:
I found myself smiling giddily like an 8 year old. I FUCKING LOVED IT! Sure, it was upbeat and cheesy, but you know what? It ain't Linkin Park so it's okay me!

With you there!

For a minute I was thinking "Rockin' robot race? Hrm. Sounds a bit silly."

Then my inner six-year old shoved me out of the way, said, "That's cause he didn't write it for YOU, old man!" and started bouncing to the beat!

That was the most fun with Transformers in a while. A geeky joy that I just couldn't ever get from the live action films, so congrats on providing more geeky satisfaction than a huge production team with millions to spend.

Rack:

MiracleOfSound:

Hawk of Battle:
So good I played it twice! Nice work Gav.

EDIT; Just noticed one thing though, shouldn't it be Berylium Baloney, not veridium.

Darn, I googled it and the most popular answer was Veridium baloney. Seems I got it wrong. Ah well.

http://www.googlebattle.com/?domain=berylium+baloney&domain2=veridium+baloney&submit=Go%21

Doing an emergency change for the Bandcamp release. Grimlock needs his iconic line right :)

Ashley Blalock:
That was the most fun with Transformers in a while. A geeky joy that I just couldn't ever get from the live action films, so congrats on providing more geeky satisfaction than a huge production team with millions to spend.

It's amazing what some respect for your subject matter can achieve - something Michael Bay will never have.

T0ad 0f Truth:
I never grew up with the transformers. Now I feel left out :(

Awesome song though. I absolutely loved the chorus!
On a side note is fall of Cybertron worth playing if I never really watched transformers?

I loved it myself. It's a really good fun third person shooter with a lot of gameplay variety and some crazy setpieces. Plus it has that awesome, silly Transformers G1 humour.

I have to give mad props to Justin Clouse for the video. It's probably one of the best he's done yet. It fits the song perfectly and the splicing of footage from the cartoon was a smart move.

As for the song, I absolutely love it. The synths and the guitar go really well together, and the lyrics are really funny. I think this song is going up there with my favorites along with Calamity and Nord Mead. Awesome work Gav!

MiracleOfSound:

Rack:

MiracleOfSound:

Doing an emergency change for the Bandcamp release. Grimlock needs his iconic line right :)

Awesome, I just looked there and it wasn't up and I was like "BUT I NEEEEED THIS FOR MY MP3 PLAYER!"

T0ad 0f Truth:
I

I would recommend renting it though as opposed to buying. The campaign is relatively short and doesn't really have any replay value. Unless you really want to play the multiplayer, it's the kind of game you can sit down and have a blast with, but then move on to something else quite happily.

It's fun, but nothing particularly special.

I liked the pre-chorus and the bridge as well as the synths but everything else was meh for me, the chorus was way to pop-y for my taste.

MiracleOfSound:

I loved it myself. It's a really good fun third person shooter with a lot of gameplay variety and some crazy setpieces. Plus it has that awesome, silly Transformers G1 humour.

Legion:

I would recommend renting it though as opposed to buying. The campaign is relatively short and doesn't really have any replay value. Unless you really want to play the multiplayer, it's the kind of game you can sit down and have a blast with, but then move on to something else quite happily.

It's fun, but nothing particularly special.

I'll check it out then :)
Miracle of Sound Songs always get me interested in picking up new games, well the ones I haven't played yet anyway. You really should be getting paid for advertisment Gav.

T0ad 0f Truth:
On a side note is fall of Cybertron worth playing if I never really watched transformers

Actually, if you're not really a comics person (like me...) I'd say it's an excellent place to start. AFAIK, and I could be wrong, everything else in the continuity aside from the direct prequel to this game (War for Cybertron) comes after this, i.e. after Cybertron actually falls. So yeah...if you want to start the story from the beginning - or just want the best gun play in a transformers game to date - then yeah, it's good.

Just keep in mind the game is a bit dark. I mean, it's dark for something where the primary market is 10-to-12 year olds, anyway. After all, it's kinda a big old mass extinction story, and those aren't generally sunshine and bunnies. This is actually a good thing, but just saying, it won't be as upbeat as the song.

Speaking of which, I still prefer The New Black Gold and Normandy to this, but this is good. Very good. So I'm happy.

Great song... except the Michael Bay line. Dunno, it just seemed jarring for me, to... "break the 4th wall" like that, I guess. Not a major complaint, but it stood out a lot for me.

SirBryghtside:

Brilliant song, only watched Armada as a kid, but loved that to death :D Though it does make me think that Bumblebee should be called Hotshot... would probably receive quite a bit of fan-rage for that :P

What, you too?
*Nostalgic brofist*
I think I still actually have a couple of DVDs of it somewhere.

OT: Great song, even though I don't really myself like the sound of the chorus.
I don't know why, I just don't like it as much as the rest of the song.

Did the song change or something i just listened to it again and some parts sound different

chuckdm:

Just keep in mind the game is a bit dark. I mean, it's dark for something where the primary market is 10-to-12 year olds, anyway. After all, it's kinda a big old mass extinction story, and those aren't generally sunshine and bunnies. This is actually a good thing, but just saying, it won't be as upbeat as the song.

Dark is fine if it fits the overall tone of the story :)
So long as it wasn't put into it for the sake of being edgy, like when they kill the main character at the end just to be tragic, then I'm good.

I also judge Miracle of Sound songs separately from their "source material." They're trying to do their own thing, in this case the feel of the song shows Gav being upbeat about a GOOD transformers product (Michael Bay can suck it). Presumably anyway, I could be full of shit who knows. We'll have to wait for the encore column to find out.

So no worries about me getting "the wrong idea" about the game :)

At first I didn't really like it, but the longer I listened the more the beat/tune started catching on.

And now I can't get it out of my head, I'll be humming this song every day while I'm driving to work.

ARGH.

*scrolling on the second page the day it came out*
"Oh? Beauty Bleak wasn't there a few minutes ago. New song"
*roll out, transformers*
"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT"

Hey Gavin? You know when I said that I preferred it when you didn't directly bring up the source material? Yeah, ignore that for now; this was marvelous and captured the tone of the old cartoon excellent.

That tickled my nostalgia-muscle nicely. Took me back to the late 80s quite nicely, when I was watching this crap on tv. Nice kids video.

MiracleOfSound:
Roll Out (Transformers)

Pedal to metal time to kick some chrome! Spoilers for Tranformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Watch Video

I bow to your references to the real transformers movie.

...because sometimes you just have to do something a little bit silly

Autobots, transform and rock out!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook