Escapist Expo: Meet Graham and Paul from Loading Ready Run

Meet Graham and Paul from Loading Ready Run

Loading Ready Run founding members Graham and Paul have a long history of making sketch-comedy short videos that predates even YouTube. The crazy Canadians will be on hand to talk about their favorite sketches, how they consistently produce several shows a week and where they get all those hats.

Watch Video

I'm sure you've heard this many times... but Paul, your eyebrows are too god damn sexy. I missed half the video because I was mesmerized by them.

Another very interesting panel, and I know it's only a year between them but I forget that Paul's older. It's obviously Graham's beard. If Paul has his Freeman-esque beard back I'd remember.

Perfect.

I felt so awkward watching Graham and Paul watch the video for the first few minutes

Agrees with post above...

Camera fail.

Also, don't plug in any audio cable while the volume is turned up, you can ruin speakers that way.

Oh yeah, and Graham, I always liked you, till you talked down (in a different panel) about Enchanted Arms. Now you're just okay, but still really funny and interesting and charismatic. Paul is now the 'best' guy on this website FYI.

About ENN, you said lack of views were what made it canceled, is that accurate? Or is it post counts for each video?

MrMixelPixel:
I'm sure you've heard this many times... but Paul, your eyebrows are too god damn sexy. I missed half the video because I was mesmerized by them.

*Paul is sexy I missed half the video because I was mesmerized by him*
Fixed

I think the cameraman needs to have more events experience (talk to the people about what they will do in a panel - if something different).

EDIT- He got better *thumbs up*

Server seems a bit slow to stream at real time. I'm on FIOS, and viewing standard or high quality doesn't matter. It sits there and buffers for a minute or so, then plays 10-20 seconds only to buffer again.

"Don't put this one on the internet"

I expected the video to skip, but still a good laugh was had.

Can someone explain the "Desert Bus 3 in America" joke? I completely do not get it...

THERE WAS A BURLESQUE SHOW???

Please tell me that's somewhere. I need to see that.

ritchards:
Can someone explain the "Desert Bus 3 in America" joke? I completely do not get it...

Final Fantasy VI was just Final Fantasy III, more or less. Since III never came to America, it kind of worked.

Andy Shandy:
Another very interesting panel, and I know it's only a year between them but I forget that Paul's older. It's obviously Graham's beard. If Paul has his Freeman-esque beard back I'd remember.

I think the problem is that, without the beard, Paul seems to have a 'baby face' look to him that makes him look younger. I know of this effect because it's one I suffer from myself.

Perfect.

marurder:
I think the cameraman needs to have more events experience (talk to the people about what they will do in a panel - if something different).

EDIT- He got better *thumbs up*

I could be wrong, but I believe the cause initially was that this was the only panel (at least that I saw) that had video to the side like that. That likely lead to confusion on where to have the camera aiming. You don't want to miss Graham and/or Paul tell a joke and miss it because of focus on the video that goes up before the filming after all.

ritchards:

Final Fantasy VI was called Final Fantasy III in the US when it was first released.

BehattedWanderer:

From the sounds of it, I think that's a bit too risque for the Escapist to host? But I don't know. Sounds... interesting, to be sure.

Amusing panel, though I'm a bit sad nobody asked about what inspired them to start doing sketch comedy in the first place. :D

shrekfan246:

ritchards:

Final Fantasy VI was called Final Fantasy III in the US when it was first released.

BehattedWanderer:

From the sounds of it, I think that's a bit too risque for the Escapist to host? But I don't know. Sounds... interesting, to be sure.

Amusing panel, though I'm a bit sad nobody asked about what inspired them to start doing sketch comedy in the first place. :D

They created an age filter for the Jimquisition. They could use it again. Or someone could post a link somewhere to an offsite something?

good show chaps. Paul Grow your beard out!

I'm really disappointed that the Nimblebit videos will be exclusive to the apps. Mainly because I, like many people on the planet, own an Android phone and Pocket Planes hasn't actually been released on that platform yet. I think by making these videos exclusive to the apps, this makes the Pocket Planes shorts the first videos LRR have made which are *exclusive* to any one platform?

Splunge:
I'm really disappointed that the Nimblebit videos will be exclusive to the apps. Mainly because I, like many people on the planet, own an Android phone and Pocket Planes hasn't actually been released on that platform yet. I think by making these videos exclusive to the apps, this makes the Pocket Planes shorts the first videos LRR have made which are *exclusive* to any one platform?

I agree, I would love to see them any other way

there is a considerable scent of monthy pythons funniest joke ever in here. Which is a good thing because that was an awesome sketch. The opening video that is.

marurder:

This was the only panel in King's Landing to use the projector and an external audio source. The camera operator was also the audio operator, so if I'm remembering correctly, the reason the camera stays put is because he's working with the audio. The same person did all the videos all weekend, and I think they came out great, especially considering that it was the first year.

Though, personally, I'm just glad we have these videos at all. I wish more cons would do anywhere near what Escapist Expo did, video-wise.

Tisiphone is right. Justin (aka Slycne, on the forums) was doing ALL the filming and audio work by himself at the show, and he was adjusting audio during the video. I've been thrilled with his turnaround time on these!

The comedy group from Cracked.com, mainly ThoseArentMuskets are about to do a feature length film called "Kill Me Now" it could help inspire locations and logistics for a LoadingReadyRun feature film. But Cracked looks like it has a higher budget than LRR and they aren't doing half as many videos as LRR regularly.
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/trailer-swaims-feature-length-horror-movie/

I looked into this burlesque thing... as you do. I couldn't find the one they were talking about but I did find this, where the commentatro sounded like Graham...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCOQDgLKJbY

Thoughts?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or