Pages PREV 1 2

Fappy:

ThyNameIsMud:

Fappy:

God damn it... we done fucked up.

I have been Biebered D:

I blame you!

I see all, Fappy. I see all.

This oppressive regime will not put me down. MY VOICE MUST BE HEARD!

Say what you please, just speak to Bieber so your voice may be heard

ThyNameIsMud:

Fappy:

ThyNameIsMud:

I see all, Fappy. I see all.

This oppressive regime will not put me down. MY VOICE MUST BE HEARD!

Say what you please, just speak to Bieber so your voice may be heard

But that smile... it's hard to speak to someone when you feel the overwhelming urge to sock them in the mouth every time you look at them. D:

I think the is one section I think we can partly blame on reviewers and gaming sites. Publishers would be more inclined to release games in the summer if reviewers wouldn't forget about them when considering GOTY.

Daystar Clarion:

Mahorfeus:
Kinda digging classy Erin.

Classy Erin is classy as hell.

On an unrelated note, it was great to see Cory at the Expo (I wasn't there personally, but I did see the vid).

I felt kind of sad that him and Chris from NRA weren't getting as much mic time as the other guys :D

Ding Dong... That is a mighty fine specimine of the female form in that chair right there...

**Strokes moustache**

Mighty, mighty fine...

Right now most games either don't interest me or I can't afford them so I don't have this problem.

I like the interchangeable brown military shooter titles. Way too close to reality, though.

I'm suffering myself.

Lets see, I have Heroes of Newerth and DotA2 in the background. I have League of Legends slightly more in the foreground.
I have Skyrim and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 slightly further.

Then I have Guild Wars 2 and Torchlight 2 IN MY FACE.

And Pokemon Black and White 2 coming soon.
And Pokemon Heart Gold to finish.

I R DROWNING TOO.

There are 9 games coming out in October that I absolutely MUST play. :(

My backlog already has 158 games in it, and I'm sure there's some that I've failed to put on my backloggery list.

Stay classy Erin.

Stay classy..

Boudica:
If you're coming at the hobby and thinking "I have to play all these games, oh god," you are probably doing it wrong.

Well, she is agame critic, right?

Moonlight Butterfly:
I'm jumping between 5 games at the moment.

I need a time turner or a T.A.R.D.I.S or something.

For me it's only 3, but it's 3 terribly time-sinky games. LoL, Guild Wars 2 and Borderlands 2.

Why is there Gordon Freeman in his HEV from Half Life 2???

I think more emphasis needs to be put on the word "these" in this third panel to differ it from the second in that she doesn't want to play those ones

-M

Boudica:

Daystar Clarion:

Boudica:
If you're coming at the hobby and thinking "I have to play all these games, oh god," you are probably doing it wrong.

It's not just a hobby, Erin reviews games for a living.

I'm talking about Grey, silly billy; "I am not one of those people. I must play all the games."

I also review games for a living. I also have to stay up to date to do CM.

Grahav:
Question: Which is the minimun amount of time a critic has to play a game before being allowed to toss it in the garbage?

A lot of readers think a critic should have to at least finish a game's campaign, which is fair enough. I try to finish the game completely, but I also think that if a game is terrible, a critic shouldn't have to see it all the way through provided they inform the readers.

I used to not understand why some smokers would only take a few puffs out of a cigarette and then throw good money in the ash-tray, until gaming became one of my main hobbies that is. I might have to play all the games, but generally I only feel the need to play a game 5 minutes before I totally lose interest. Skyward Sword, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Max payne 3, SH: Downpour, Ninja Gaiden 3, Mass Effect, GTA, FF... A lot of those games I wouldn't dare to call bad and I definitely thought it was worth trying each of them out, but nothing really convinced me that going through the whole experience would be worthwhile.

In that respect, I find it hard to understand people who feel pressure to play all the games.

Oh hey, it's my brother behind Erin. HAI PHIL!

Don't feel too bad, Grey.

I am not one of those people either.

Even when I should be due to tight finances. In the struggle between groceries and videogames, videogames end up winning far more often than they probably should.

I used to be that way. I used to actually make a table in Word with the name, system, price and release date of all the games I wanted to play at the start of the Fall season. I used to plow through games so I'd be done in time to get the next ones on my list. Now I'm like meh, I'll buy one game and play it until I am literally sick of it and then see what's out.

Is Erin rocking the 11th Doctor's outfit in the first panel? Accurate right down to the bow tie and leather elbow pads!

Proverbial Jon:
Is Erin rocking the 11th Doctor's outfit in the first panel? Accurate right down to the bow tie and leather elbow pads!

yep, Grey wanted a monocle and a fancy feel, and the entire day I spent drawing this strip there was a Doctor Who marathon going on on my other monitor, so it just felt right for Erin. Though I'm sad I missed an opportunity to give her a fez too.

Classy Erin looks super cute.

Grahav:
Question: Which is the minimun amount of time a critic has to play a game before being allowed to toss it in the garbage?

Until their opinion of the game won't change.

Just curious; why isn't there any reference to the WiiU in the pile Erin is climbing up? Regardless of whether or not they like it, I'm pretty sure a grand majority of people are going to review that thing.

So why not her? I saw Borderlands 2, WoW, Half Life 2 (Why does she need to review that though? Isn't that old? Is she doing a retrospective or something?). However, I don't see Mario, or Pikmin, or Zombies (For ZombiU). Nothing for the WiiU!

Mr.Mattress:
Just curious; why isn't there any reference to the WiiU in the pile Erin is climbing up? Regardless of whether or not they like it, I'm pretty sure a grand majority of people are going to review that thing.

So why not her? I saw Borderlands 2, WoW, Half Life 2 (Why does she need to review that though? Isn't that old? Is she doing a retrospective or something?). However, I don't see Mario, or Pikmin, or Zombies (For ZombiU). Nothing for the WiiU!

Wii U isn't coming out till November. All of the games featured were released in the same month.

I couldn't help but notice the second panel and whose face Erin was pushing away. Do you know something we don't, Cory? :)

Moonlight Butterfly:
I'm jumping between 5 games at the moment.

I need a time turner or a T.A.R.D.I.S or something.

I think we all could make use of back-in-time devices.
*thinks of bad exam results, social inconveniences, and catastrophes*
Scratch that, I think we all NEED those devices.

Phoenix8541:
given the time, i would do nothing but play!

The more I play the more meaningless games become to me. When I say the more I play I mean the larger a percentage of my time I spend playing games.

I enjoy games the most when I am doing other things in my life as well.

Classy Erin is SEXAY! More of that, please!

I just play GW2, screw everything else. Well, until Heart of the Swarm finally comes out. FOR THE SWARM! 8E

Grey Carter:

Grahav:

A lot of readers think a critic should have to at least finish a game's campaign, which is fair enough. I try to finish the game completely, but I also think that if a game is terrible, a critic shouldn't have to see it all the way through provided they inform the readers.

Fair. But it must be difficult with so much lenghty games nowadays.

High Speed Dirt Pursuit: Xtreme Island Motor Racing sounds fun.

QuadFish:
Realistically though, would you rather be the guy who plays all the games or the guy who plays only one of them all the time?

All the games, there is no such thing as one game that will hold my attention forever. I don't really understand people who only play one game... still, it would be good to focus on a few quality games rather than be swamped with so many games at once I can't play them all.

Cory Rydell:

Proverbial Jon:

yep, Grey wanted a monocle and a fancy feel, and the entire day I spent drawing this strip there was a Doctor Who marathon going on on my other monitor, so it just felt right for Erin. Though I'm sad I missed an opportunity to give her a fez too.

Or a Stetson?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or