The Big Picture: The Prophesy of Freakazoid

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

A problem with Freakazoid is that nobody could watch it because nobody had the slightest idea when it was on. The studio kept switching around it's time slot, meaning nobody could make a schedule around watching the show. It may of been intentional by the studio, because it was so obviously focused on a more adult audience.

Jman1236:
Never realized how the show basic was what the internet was going to be 10 years in advance. 100 episodes and yet no Sonic Satam episode, what's up with that?

*shrug* Well, he already doesn't really seem to be the biggest sonic fan. I just don't think he cares, really.

And Bob...I may never have watched Freakazoid, EVER, and yet even I know you're not supposed to the the name cand-*stop himself and pulls a shotgun out of nowhere to scan the area around him*

.........*phew* Didn't finish the name...I seem to be the the only smart one...

I'm going to be one of those people. The ones that HATED it. It might have made good points about stuff, ahead of it's time blahblahblah and all that, but it was causing my brain cells to commit suicide one by one
Well, hated it less than animaniacs.

Grats on the one zero zero.

Now that you mention it...yeah, holy shit. My mind has been blown.

Also I loved the Candlejack reference at the end it really was

Congrats on episode 100, man how time flies.

I do have to say too much of this episode's time was wasted on the Intro(we really didn't need to hear almost the whole thing) and the last caveman scene. Just saying that hearing Bob talk a little longer would've been more enjoyable then watching the clips that went way long after their point was already made.

Can't complain that much though cause awesome web series is awesome. Here's to many more Big pictures!

Is there any chance that it could get better, maybe only with The Tick. Though that might just be that he has no candle

I hate you bob. Dredging up my childhood and making me realize how much I need to rewatch this series. AS IF I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TO DO. grumble grumble. (goes to down load le freakazoid)

Freakazoid is one of my favourite shows ever, they really don't make them like that any more. He is one of the reasons why the 90s didn't suck. I really wish they had made more episodes. Maybe they weren't cancelled, maybe someone tricked the creators into all saying "Candlejack" and they all disa-

FINALLY, this fat bastard with the annoying accent is gone! I can't believe this idiot was dumb enough to say Candleja-

It's only right that something from Freakazoid is a rather well known meme then. How cyclical.

Also, given the population of these forums, I find this relevant.

Oh my god, Freakazoid! I love Freakazoid. What a fuckin' troll.

Bob, you used to be much funnier and cleverer. I mean, going for a Candlejack joke is so du

I grew up watching Freakazoid... as well as Animaniacs... both shows were so freaking good.

Bob, you're doing the Candlejack thing wrong. You're suppo

This show was so awesome but I saw too little of it. Must use this thing called the internet to check it out, probably get divided by zero once I do.

Gratz on the 100th episode Bob!

I loved the Candlejack reference, but I couldn't help but noti

You screwed up the meme Bob. You were supposed to say his FULL name before he kidnaps you. Sheesh. How can any fan not get the Candlejack meme is beyond...oh Shi

Not a very bright group are you?

Joriss:
This show was so awesome but I saw too little of it. Must use this thing called the internet to check it out, probably get divided by zero once I do.

Gratz on the 100th episode Bob!

By the way, the show is available to rent of Netflix. Great website that let me tell you.

I identified with Freakazoid so much.

Freakazoid akin to Adventure Time and MLP FiM... im so on board with this im already feeling sea sick. I need to grab those DVDs, I never got to watch much Freakazoid as a young'en.

Congrats on ep 100 Mr.Chipman, keep working hard!

o_O:
It's only right that something from Freakazoid is a rather well known meme then. How cyclical.

I forgot about that vid, LEGEND!

Oh man it feels good to relive my childhood with that show thanks MovieBob

Also It's been a while but who was Candlejack? I

As someone from the Netherlands who also grew up without watching much TV, I have no nostalgia for the stuff you're talking about most of the time, and I still love your video's. I came to the Escapist for Zero Punctuation, I stayed here for Moviebob. And still Yatzhee.

But it's your party today, Bob, congratulations and thank you for all the entertainment and enlightenment!

o_O:

Why did I just watched this like ten times in a row...and it made me laugh harder every single time?

Diablo1099:
What show was the picture in 0.40? I remember watching a show WAAAAAAAAY back that looks like it but I never got the name.

Reboot.

Way to go Bob on 100 shows! Damn, it's been two years of The Big Picture?

I think the cutting short of CJ's name was intentional. If Bob had said the whole thing, then he would have had to add some contrived thing with CJ showing up. This way it seems like he cut himself off because he realized what would happen if he said the whole name.

Clankenbeard:

Diablo1099:
What show was the picture in 0.40? I remember watching a show WAAAAAAAAY back that looks like it but I never got the name.

Reboot.

Way to go Bob on 100 shows! Damn, it's been two years of The Big Picture?

Ahhhh yes...Thank you, god that takes me back.
Hope Moviebob Lasts to 200!

Oh snap, they actually released those DVDs? gotta go buy those now.

also this;

Wow. I can just barely remember Freakazoid and this new perspective really is fascinating. On the subject of Venture Bros, I find it hard to understand why someone would do a Johnny Quest parody way after anybody who gave a shit about Johnny Quest was long dead and then it actually found an audience.

Anyway, congratulations on the 100 episodes, keep up the amazing work. I hope you don't get too caught up in unfunny memes like Candlejack, though. It's kind o

MovieBob:
The Prophesy of Freakazoid

MovieBob turns his gaze to Freakazoid and his prophetic tales of the internet.

Watch Video

And now, the bad news. "Prophesy" is a verb. You wanted "prophecy".

---

I loved this show as a kid! It's too bad they don't still show it on Boomerang (that I've noticed) or God forbid, the CW. I should really pick up the series on disc. Anyway congrats on 100 episodes Bob!! Here's to another 100+ !!

And now you know, the ending to the Big Picture....Good Day!

I miss Freakzoid, was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid.

freakazoid knows what nerd are/were

shame we can't revive it....

Loved the in-jokes at the end, Bob! I've actually never seen the second season, but the first...oh my god the first. Everyone go buy it. Now.

I remember this show. I found it quite clever when I was a little kid watching it. Now I'm off to watch the show on the internet.

Congradulations on 100 episodes.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or