LittleBigPlanet Vita Review

Looking forward to getting this game! Looks like a ton of fun.

Great review Nasrin!

I still have yet to play any of the LittleBigPlanet games, but they always kind of reminded me of the next logical step beyond games like ChuChu Rocket. If I had a current-gen Sony platform I'd be all over these games. DX

Been playing it for the past few days. SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Hmm, never played any of the LBP games, when I get my Vita, this looks like a good place to start.

In before the Vita shit head haters!

OT: It's nice we get a good game, but where is the hate for Sony in being a twat for refusing to release current PSN games on their newest handheld?

Final Fantasy III anyone? La Pucelle: Tactics???

Pull your heads out of your ass Sony. You anger me.

Nice review, regardless.

EDIT: Played the demo, it's a buy for me.

Sober Thal:
Final Fantasy III anyone?

According to the information I was able to dig up, you can buy the game on your PS3 and download it directly to your Vita. As long as they share the same PSN account.

I just did a quick google search. I may be wrong, but there are forums with people claiming they're playing it on the Vita.

Ninjasander:

Sober Thal:

According to the information I was able to dig up, you can buy the game on your PS3 and download it directly to your Vita. As long as they share the same PSN account.

I just did a quick google search. I may be wrong, but there are forums with people claiming they're playing it on the Vita.

Goes to show you I'm a google tard...

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to invest some time here... thanks again!

Sober Thal:

Ninjasander:

Sober Thal:

Goes to show you I'm a google tard...

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to invest some time here... thanks again!

No problem! I hope you'll get it to work on the Vita. ^^

TizzytheTormentor:
Hmm, never played any of the LBP games, when I get my Vita, this looks like a good place to start.

I got LBP 1 on the PS3 for free during some promotion Sony was having after the hack last year. It was a really fun platformer, especially when played with friends, but it lacked the polish that games like Mario or Rayman have. I didn't get LBP2, but LBPVita absolutely blows LBP1 out of the water. From what I heard, it's even better than LBP2. It just goes to show you the potential of the Vita, truly allowing you to play console quality experiences that lack NOTHING compared to its home brethren. Even the graphics in LBP look great, though admittedly this is due to the small screen (you don't need super HD 1080p graphics on a 5" screen). Still... it's just incredible!

This, along with Uncharted Golden Abyss and Rayman Origins are the reasons why you NEED to get a Vita. I'm hoping that Assassin's Creed III Liberation and Black Ops II will be further reasons. This library gets better daily!

Mimsofthedawg:
I got LBP 1 on the PS3 for free during some promotion Sony was having after the hack last year. It was a really fun platformer, especially when played with friends, but it lacked the polish that games like Mario or Rayman have. I didn't get LBP2, but LBPVita absolutely blows LBP1 out of the water. From what I heard, it's even better than LBP2. It just goes to show you the potential of the Vita, truly allowing you to play console quality experiences that lack NOTHING compared to its home brethren. Even the graphics in LBP look great, though admittedly this is due to the small screen (you don't need super HD 1080p graphics on a 5" screen). Still... it's just incredible!

This, along with Uncharted Golden Abyss and Rayman Origins are the reasons why you NEED to get a Vita. I'm hoping that Assassin's Creed III Liberation and Black Ops II will be further reasons. This library gets better daily!

LBP1 was good
LBP PSP was shit, to say the least, but was a step in the right direction for portable fun.
LBP 2 is excellent and people are still creating awesome content to this day.

But LBP Vita? BETTER than LBP 2? Hmm. Maybe I'll just have to scavenge up $40 dollars and see what the big fuss is about.

Maybe it'll keep me distracted until Persona 4 Golden comes out in a month and a half (Or less than 2 months. Whatever). :D

I never played any of the LBP games but the high praise for this particular release has me extremely curious. I guess I'll pick this up and give it a go. The gameplay does look fun and I heard the player made content will give the game extended replay value so I don't see why I shouldn't.

neonsword13-ops:

Mimsofthedawg:

LBP1 was good
LBP PSP was shit, to say the least, but was a step in the right direction for portable fun.
LBP 2 is excellent and people are still creating awesome content to this day.

But LBP Vita? BETTER than LBP 2? Hmm. Maybe I'll just have to scavenge up $40 dollars and see what the big fuss is about.

Maybe it'll keep me distracted until Persona 4 Golden comes out in a month and a half (Or less than 2 months. Whatever). :D

It has EVERYTHING that LBP2 has, just in portable form, and with MORE features. The only reason you could argue it's not better is that it doesn't share content with its console brethren (which is honestly a HUGEEEE flaw... but sorta understandable I guess).

Mimsofthedawg:

TizzytheTormentor:

Wrong, Persona 4 Golden is the reason to get a Vita! NO EXCEPTIONS!

But yeah, if it is really that good, I guess I can pick it up when I get a Vita, along with Persona 4 Golden, Rayman Origins and Assassins Creed.

I played Uncharted: GA at an anime convention last year and was completely underwhelmed, I'll give that game a miss.

TizzytheTormentor:

Mimsofthedawg:

TizzytheTormentor:

But yeah, if it is really that good, I guess I can pick it up when I get a Vita, along with Persona 4 Golden, Rayman Origins and Assassins Creed.

I played Uncharted: GA at an anime convention last year and was completely underwhelmed, I'll give that game a miss.

That's weird about uncharted. I like it better than 2 of the main console games. The only Uncharted that's better is Uncharted 2 (which is my favorite one of the series). The stories coherent, it actually has the most hilarious lines, theres great character development, and while some of the set pieces don't quite pack the same punch as they do on the console versions, they're amazing for what they are on a handheld. It's like a 9.2 (hehe... IGN's new rating system...) to me.

Mimsofthedawg:

TizzytheTormentor:

Mimsofthedawg:

That's weird about uncharted. I like it better than 2 of the main console games. The only Uncharted that's better is Uncharted 2 (which is my favorite one of the series). The stories coherent, it actually has the most hilarious lines, theres great character development, and while some of the set pieces don't quite pack the same punch as they do on the console versions, they're amazing for what they are on a handheld. It's like a 9.2 (hehe... IGN's new rating system...) to me.

To each their own of course, I would try the series if I had a PS3, alas...although If circumstances force me to get one (Persona 5 or Kingdom Hearts 3/1.5 Remix) I might try it.

TizzytheTormentor:

I got Project Diva f. I'm not complaining!

Ninjasander:

TizzytheTormentor:

I got Project Diva f. I'm not complaining!

Not a fan of Miki Hatsune...oh well (waits for Persona 4 Golden)

TizzytheTormentor:

I'll admit that game doesn't have the strongest opening, acting as it does as more of an intro to the Vitas functions than as an engaging opening to the game itself, but from there on its actually a really damn good game. Though that is just my opinion, I would seriously recommend it.

Mimsofthedawg:
[quote="TizzytheTormentor" post="6.389297.15606989"]

Well, Liberation looks really damn good (I personally already like the character - yes, call it tokenism, but a black female lead character? Hell yeah I like that, especially after the suspiciously white middle eastern assassin in the first one.), but Blops II.....all signs look like its pretty, kinda, really shit.

Foolproof:

TizzytheTormentor:

I'll admit that game doesn't have the strongest opening, acting as it does as more of an intro to the Vitas functions than as an engaging opening to the game itself, but from there on its actually a really damn good game. Though that is just my opinion, I would seriously recommend it.

Mimsofthedawg:
[quote="TizzytheTormentor" post="6.389297.15606989"]

Well, Liberation looks really damn good (I personally already like the character - yes, call it tokenism, but a black female lead character? Hell yeah I like that, especially after the suspiciously white middle eastern assassin in the first one.), but Blops II.....all signs look like its pretty, kinda, really shit.

YES1 It's still a little sad that they made the female black character the lead for the portable version as opposed to the main version, but it's a start right?! Honestly, that fact I think is what got me to try out the Assassin's Creed series again, to much better results than the first time.

As for Blops II... I think some of the coverage has been unfair. Honestly, the worst criticism that seems to be leveled at it is that it is EXACTLY LIKE COD MODERN WARFARE III. Ummmm.... how the hell is that bad? IT'S A FREAKING PORTABLE GAME!

some people have leveled a criticism that it lacks the luster and spark of its console brethren, but this seems more from a WORRY that it might be like the abysmal Resistance: Burning Skies than anything substantiative.

Now, being made on the same engine and by the same developer as Resistance Burning Skies COULD point to it being a bad game. BUT, it also means the developer will have more time with the engine and be able to fine tune things better (which was the problem with Resistance... the GAME wasn't bad, it was just faulty). I just think the press hasn't even given it a chance thanks to burning skies.

And I mean, it may be just as bad, or even worse. But as I said, I just wish they'd give them a chance... and they're not.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here